CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Good argument. You've swayed me.

Any decent player has a chance against autos in a fair fight. The reason people get so many kills with autos is because they don't challenge fair fights with them. They go after weak players is flank with autos. Pull out an auto against a full shields player when you aren't up shots and you will probably die, that is if you aren't gold and can't aim a pistol.

The AR literally kills faster than the pistol.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

swearing wasn't the cause for the low viewership (wasn't even low imo)

however, swearing on stream is bad for growth, period

people get offended and turn the stream off, it's a net loss

we gain nothing from swearing being on the stream

I definitely agree that nothing is gained from swearing on stream. At best it is a net neutral.

It doesn't bug me, but it also doesn't provide any value so I can see wanting it to be cut down/out

That being said, there is a reason they don't do live listen ins during traditional sports. The things you would hear would definitely get the stations in trouble if they aired.

swearing wasn't the cause for the low viewership (wasn't even low imo)

however, swearing on stream is bad for growth, period

people get offended and turn the stream off, it's a net loss

we gain nothing from swearing being on the stream

because rape is literally one of the worst things you could ever do, or have done to you

it's just bad news, and a lot of people who are sensitive to it have been effected personally

we as a community don't need it, 'get rekt' is the way to go

people get offended

The game is about murder and war. Are those not bad too? Should we stop playing CoD and CSGO because there is terrorism in them? When someone says get raped it has nothing to do with actual rape, just like these games aren't actually war or terrorism. You people are acting like SJWs.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 15

The AR literally kills faster than the pistol.

If you hit every shot, which is less likely than hitting every shot with the pistol
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I just say bodied. That's what the FGC uses instead of "rape"

Rekt sounds whack to me.

Good argument. You've swayed me.

Any decent player has a chance against autos in a fair fight. The reason people get so many kills with autos is because they don't challenge fair fights with them. They go after weak players is flank with autos. Pull out an auto against a full shields player when you aren't up shots and you will probably die, that is if you aren't gold and can't aim a pistol.

Stop saying autos if you're only talking about the AR. Because if you're talking about autos in general than you're just flat out wrong. SR and SMG melt the pistol in close range.

The AR is a but of a different story. But it's still overbearing. If the AR gets the first shot in close range vs a pistol it's pretty much over.

The game is about murder and war. Are those not bad too? Should we stop playing CoD and CSGO because there is terrorism in them? When someone says get raped it has nothing to do with actual rape, just like these games aren't actually war or terrorism. You people are acting like SJWs.

What positives does the use of the word raped bring to events, the community and the game as a whole?

If you hit every shot, which is less likely than hitting every shot with the pistol

The AR is vastly more forgiving for missed shots than the Magnum, in addition to being completely trivial to aim. We complain about Reach bloom, but a ridiculously generous automatic with random recoil/bloom, accuracy bonuses for "smart-link" and crouch, HEAD SHOT DAMAGE BONUSES (again, random bloom/recoil) and a perfect kill time faster than the "utility" weapon is something we're engaging in mental gymnastics to trivialize? What the fuck? And that's before we even get into the ease of forward aggression afforded by abilities like sprint and thrust that make closing gaps with automatics even easier.

• Upvote (+1) 3

What positives does the use of the word raped bring to events, the community and the game as a whole?

I didn't say it brings any positives. I just don't understand why people get so triggered by that phrase in particular that has been used for years and years
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 8

The game is about murder and war. Are those not bad too?

They are when people actually die.

I understand where you're coming from, and that as a whole, we could stand to be less offended, but as Mr. Poe once said:

"Even to the utterly lost, to whom life and death are jest, there are matters of which no jest can be made."

• Upvote (+1) 1

Stop saying autos if you're only talking about the AR. Because if you're talking about autos in general than you're just flat out wrong. SR and SMG melt the pistol in close range.

The AR is a but of a different story. But it's still overbearing. If the AR gets the first shot in close range vs a pistol it's pretty much over.

Well yeah the storm rifle should be removed from the game and there should be be no more than 1 smg on any map, if any. The plasma rifle fills the role that the storm rifle should have.

I didn't say it brings any positives. I just don't understand why people get so triggered by that phrase in particular that has been used for years and years

Because it's incredibly vulgar, inappropriate, cringe worthy, etc.

This is hard to understand why?

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's a word that is very visceral to some people for obviously very good reason and production shouldn't condone it being said on stream. If you're saying that we don't need the people who get offended by it then you're helping the halo community become incredible exclusive and something most people don't want to be a part of, let alone grow.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Someone fill me in... did we hear this word during a live listen in or something during the EU tourney this weekend?

I agree that there never should have been a place for this word in gaming or anywhere else. I'm 30 years old (Yeah I know, I'm old) and I can confidently say I've seen phrases replace this such as get destroyed, rekt, shit on etc and I'm glad to see it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I enjoy listen ins but maybe they just shouldn't be a thing. These guys all play together for however many hours every week against other top teams for essentially nothing. 

Now that they are at an event that offers an actual cash incentive to do well, they are required to "watch their language?" 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Swearing on stream isn't really something you can control especially when people are in an intense game people are going to swear in the heat of the moment the only thing you can really do is suggest they avoid words like "rape" but I don't think saying things like fuck, shit, etc are that big of a deal.

That’s assuming every bullet of the AR hits right?

An AR's killtime isn't significantly impacted if it misses a few shots, but a pistol's is if it misses one.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

regardless

it's bad business 

(it's also a non issue anyways)

That being said, there is a reason they don't do live listen ins during traditional sports. The things you would hear would definitely get the stations in trouble if they aired.

i'd pay for traditional sports astro listen ins lol

but i totally agree

"What is your favorite trash talk thread"

I personally go with "get shit on"

yeah usually some form of get shit on, sometimes with a random nerd thrown in.

that or "turn your xbox off kid"

• Upvote (+1) 1

Because it's incredibly vulgar, inappropriate, cringe worthy, etc.

This is hard to understand why?

So is 90% of the shit gamers say
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2