CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Hey guy's

Well the HCS pro league season 1 is pretty much all but done with (except the NA finals of course)

With that said I Just made a quick survey, as I wanted to see your guys thoughts on the HCS pro league:

https://qtrial2016q3az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_cPc0sDDzPGyFwpf

I was hoping you could all take the time to take part and I will post a link to the online report once the number of responses dwindles down to zero per day. 

If you wanna take part awesome, if you don't it is cool.

Feedback is appreciated.

Thank you to any of you who do decide to take part.

Obviously a few questions tailor made to the thoughts and feelings of the comp community but overall a good survey.

'Professionalism' as a term is really distorted I feel by esports in general, more so console esports - CoD and Halo. I feel professionalism is talked about as idealized presentation more so than the quality that an individual brings to the table (even in spite of flaws). You can be both an obnoxious asshat and yet still be more professional in your role (player / caster / org / TO) than someone who is less qualified but more willing to mind their P's and Q's.

Obviously a few questions tailor made to the thoughts and feelings of the comp community but overall a good survey.

'Professionalism' as a term is really distorted I feel by esports in general, more so console esports - CoD and Halo. I feel professionalism is talked about as idealized presentation more so than the quality that an individual brings to the table (even in spite of flaws). You can be both an obnoxious asshat and yet still be more professional in your role (player / caster / org / TO) than someone who is less qualified but more willing to mind their P's and Q's.

I completely agree, there is a misconception in both communities as to what counts as professional and what counts as being unprofessional. 

I mainly wanted to see whether the halo community is more interested in storylines or professionalism as the more professional the scene becomes, the fewer story lines we will have as the players will be more constrained and monitored (just my opinion)

Also I am having difficulty uploading my survey onto waypoint, as I am permanently banned from that site, so if any user would be kind enough to upload a copy of my survey onto a popular thread or an entirely new thread I would be very much appreciated.

Lack of professionalism from the pros is one of the things I feel really holds this esport back and isn't talked about enough here.

Going into a listen in during the EU finals only for one of the players to start screaming "fucking shit on" seconds into it and making Simms have to apologize is exactly why we rarely get listen-ins anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 13

Simms was more apologizing for what chalkie said. X-men were running flag back on pink, and the only people who could stop it was two spawners top car. Snipedrone hit both with a nade and cleaned up one. As he tried to get the second chalkie is watching on death screen screaming "f*cking rape him Mike, effing rape him!"

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm saying instead of switching to their pistol in an area where a utility weapon would usually be better than a sniper rifle, pros in h5 just stick with keeping the sniper up.

I never said it was a free kill, just that there is much less risk involved and thus much less opportunities for a truly skilled player to differentiate themselves from the rest of the pack. This means stale uninteresting gameplay.

Because if your down shots against an accurate opponent, or out of position your best bet is to try the high risk, high reward option of using the weapon you already have out. It's like going for knockout punch, when you are on the ropes.

The numbers show that way more often, the person with the proper weapon for the scenario will win the vast majority of the time. You are painting this picture that sniper users are dominating CQC situations in this game, when they simply aren't.

Sure, the relative ease of use might make professional players feel more comfortable with keeping their sniper out in situations where it isn't ideal. But more often then not, they pay for it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

ya autos are absolutely necessary if you want to win a tournament. you will only get so far without it

Nobody is arguing against that.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Lack of professionalism from the pros is one of the things I feel really holds this esport back and isn't talked about enough here.

Going into a listen in during the EU finals only for one of the players to start screaming "fucking shit on" seconds into it and making Simms have to apologize is exactly why we rarely get listen-ins anymore.

Whilst I understand your point (and why ESL have to apologise for language) this is a high pressure competitive environment. Across all sports there is bad language and shit talk and whilst you can't be seen to be promoting it, you can't blame the players and say it isn't professional - they don't know when listen ins are going on and have to focus solely on their game.

• Upvote (+1) 5

No sports have live listen ins. It would be "inappropriate" and "unprofessional" no matter the sport.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You say that but this poll had a majority of pros that responded saying that automatic rifles didn't need to be rebalanced

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/12246-poll-hcs-pro-player-feedback-gametypes-settings/

Notice how the only one of the three things that the majority of pros didn't like was removed from the hcs shortly after.

This survey was taken before HWC though, and I'm sure many pros at the time wouldn't want to see the gameplay changed so drastically so close to a million dollar tournament. 

There is no indication that it will be crowdfunded. There is another $1M tourney but the Team Skins may have become the replacement for funding.

is has to be crowdfunded again, if they want to be any kind of serious about halo esports

you just can't go from a 2.5m to 1m pricepool within a year.

​1m base + crowdfunding again is my best guess.

​and i also see the overall pool bigger due to team sticker. or they could just use 10% of monthly req pack spending. that should be close to 1m alone.

Lack of professionalism from the pros is not why Halo isn't growing. If people are turned off because there is cursing on stream they must not be able to watch anything on tv or any other stream on twitch.

The stream went offline every other match for me and that was why I stopped watching. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Tempo Storm confirmed

would actually cry. For real though I always wondered if the Team Liquid boys ever hooked up the CSGO and Hearthstone players, would be pretty sick.

I've heard worse from Fnatic(CSGO). If you want listen-in's, you'll have to accept that you'll get swearing along with it.

Also, would love it if the 'new org' is WFX.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Nobody is arguing against that.

i was supporting wat @@Eamonn said to vinny. its not so much that they enjoy it or this is what pros prefer - its just how the game works

I don't even think swearing is something anyone should be worried about when streaming a game of people trying to kill each other. Not that anyone is actually dying or getting fucked or whatever. Now if someone is flagrantly being racist, homophobic, or something along those lines then obviously that needs to stop but its not like we're pushing the most family friendly atmosphere to begin with. Definitely a bit of room to work with there.

Swearing is going to happen but the use of the word "raped" has got to go.

That is unprofessional and you wouldn't hear actual professional athletes yelling that word.

If you're "caught" saying it during a listen in, you should be fined.

Absolutely this - make it so all pros know the line and if you cross the line, you get punished. Otherwise let them talk shit and swear (perhaps not to the point wher every other word is offensive). As long as it's only in listen ins, and its the right side of the line, it's fine in my opinion.

Tempo Storm confirmed

I was actually amped for a second when I read this. Reynad actually mentioned he was looking into getting a CoD or Halo team last fall.

Because if your down shots against an accurate opponent, or out of position your best bet is to try the high risk, high reward option of using the weapon you already have out. It's like going for knockout punch, when you are on the ropes.

The numbers show that way more often, the person with the proper weapon for the scenario will win the vast majority of the time. You are painting this picture that sniper users are dominating CQC situations in this game, when they simply aren't.

Sure, the relative ease of use might make professional players feel more comfortable with keeping their sniper out in situations where it isn't ideal. But more often then not, they pay for it.

You're not even reading what I'm saying. You're "responding" to points I did not bring up. I'm saying when someone goes into an area with limited LOS they don't bother switching to pistol because the sniper is almost or as good as an option as the pistol in that situation anyway.

I didn't paint a picture that people are getting dominated at all. Literally what I said was there is less risk involved compared to previous Halo games. Before if a sniper got caught off guard and someone pulled a no scope everyone went fucking crazy because they were rare and took skill. Now it happens like almost every time someone is using the sniper rifle. Nobody goes wild anymore and it sucks how routine it is now.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's not so much that they enjoy the autos, it's that the autos are a must use in CQC. Not using it will put you at a disadvantage.

And @ you missed the conversation thread where we were talking about how pros don't seem to mind automatics and didn't vote against them as proven in links provided by other posters. Wasn't ogre 2 the only one really who was mocking how easy they are for FFA? I don't think I've heard much else about them. Probably because everyone else is too new to remember how awesome CE pistol duels were.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1