CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

yeah do we know how much which spot at the finals get? It was always awesome to post memes about the winner of the first place amount. like Royal 2.5million etc

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can't see Snip3down leaving EG or Contra/Devon leaving ALG. I can see them making roster changes, but I don't see either wanting to leave their org/pro league spot. 

Can't see Snip3down leaving EG or Contra/Devon leaving ALG. I can see them making roster changes, but I don't see either wanting to leave their org/pro league spot. 

It's more likely to Contra/Devon leave ALG than Snipedown EG since Towey and him bought a house.

time to buy my third elite controller because the bumpers just fall out every couple of months.  i have the warranty and its going to take 2 weeks to get a replacement so this is sick, cant wait to drop 150 bucks on something that isn't even quality enough to last more than 3 months.  I had a scuf that did the same thing and cost more so there is literally no option, they can charge whatever they want and make these are garbage as they want as long as they have paddles

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's more likely to Contra/Devon leave ALG than Snipedown EG since Towey and him bought a house.

I agree. Shame because ALG has seen success in Halo and is a genuinely good org. Plus ContrA is one of the top players in the game. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

alright math nerds, prize pool was 67 and 2nd got 20k

1st  40k

2nd 20k

3rd 5k

4th 2k

Just a guess

• Upvote (+1) 2

I said it's a little harder. And if it wasn't a better option than switching to pistol you wouldn't see so many people running around in CQC areas with the sniper out.

If you find yourself in a CQC situation, and are down shots, or don't have a CQC weapon, your best bet is to try your luck with what you got.

Even in the pros, the person with the pistol usually challenges and defeats the person with the sniper at close range. The reversals, and snap head shots, or snipe-melees make the highlight reel but they are less common that the guy with snipe simply losing the powerweapon in those situations.

While it might be easier to pull off in H5, than 3 or CE, it's not a free kill.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

time to buy my third elite controller because the bumpers just fall out every couple of months.  i have the warranty and its going to take 2 weeks to get a replacement so this is sick, cant wait to drop 150 bucks on something that isn't even quality enough to last more than 3 months.  I had a scuf that did the same thing and cost more so there is literally no option, they can charge whatever they want and make these are garbage as they want as long as they have paddles

The first and only Elite controller I've owned went bad after 2 months so I feel your pain. I have a theory as to why the bumper breaks so quick. Question for you, do you play with hold to clamber ON? I did, and I think this is possibly the reason why the bumper went bad so quick.

The first and only Elite controller I've owned went bad after 2 months so I feel your pain. I have a theory as to why the bumper breaks so quick. Question for you, do you play with hold to clamber ON? I did, and I think this is possibly the reason why the bumpers go bad so quick.

I don't, and mind went bad in a few months also.

I'm currently trying to find somewhere to buy the individual bumpers from. I won't be paying for another controller.

The first and only Elite controller I've owned went bad after 2 months so I feel your pain. I have a theory as to why the bumper breaks so quick. Question for you, do you play with hold to clamber ON? I did, and I think this is possibly the reason why the bumpers go bad so quick.

i play recon so i dont jump with a bumper, i just with A, but i thrust with the bumper

i play recon so i dont jump with a bumper, i just with A, but i thrust with the bumper

Oh ok, then my theory is invalid. 

Observer mode is a let down as well.

It's boxes with weapon layout and health bars that they don't even use all the time. What's the point of it? I don't see the use...

Why can't we have a mini scoreboard? K/D/A next to the boxes? Wheres the mini map with dynamic player icons? 

Not to mention Observer mode is pretty much confirmed to not be ever coming to online play (does it even fix the reticule issues?)

Not trying to be overly negative, but CoD had a better spectator mode years and years ago. 

I hate that even legitimate, well-written criticisms of 343/ESL/Halo/whatever have to be prefaced with this kind of stuff.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I hate that even legitimate, well-written criticisms of 343/ESL/Halo/whatever have to be prefaced with this kind of stuff.

That's why a lot of us stop trying to give feedback, it sucks that at times it can be seen as "haters gonna hate" or "typical beyond" instead of legitimate issues. It's been a vicious cycle for awhile. Personally, I only watched a handful of matches because of downtime this weekend. Would have loved to watch more.

Congrats to Fab for winning btw.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Beyond is probably the only Halo forum I've seen where people don't write everything off as hate.

I mean technically it's not a preface... postface?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I mean technically it's not a preface... postface?

We can do without the name calling.

• Upvote (+1) 8

What even is this talk about Jimbo. Player is only as good as teammates allow him to be.

Xmen doesn't click obviously and I highly doubt they will get much better. Jimbo is still best player on that team but both he and Snipedrone worked much better with the Buks. Eu doesn't have such as versatile players as Na where (in some cases) everyone can both slay and obj as situation requies. That is why Epsilon worked so great, because it was a great balance (power, obj and iq).

Rami made xmen click better but I think this squad will need at least one more change to have a chance to go as far as the Epsilon did. Honestly, I think that even Fabe is not as good as Epsilon was.

Imho Chalkie and Snipedrone have too similar roles/styles and neither of them can go off without proper support. One of them has to go and get replaced ( Septic, Qristola, Batchford or one of the French guys ?). Only if Tufoxy wasn't the one who left.

Also I wouldn't be too surprised if we saw Epsilon reunion. That way, both xmen and dinos could retain their league spots.

Still haven't made my mind on Fabe. They could have both have much higher ceiling or just reached their top. Shame we won't see them compete against Na teams. Can we have open Mlg tournament with all teams invited pls ?

edit. Also, aside from long breaks, it was awesome event. Beautiful stage. Loved the use of the team portraits. Well done els. Hope this time you will bring the analyst desk to the Na also. Why I have feeling that Na Esl and Eu Esl don't work together ?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Beyond is probably the only Halo forum I've seen where people don't write everything off as hate.

I guess you haven't been here around the radar and automatics discussions.

There are a lot of premium users online.

• Upvote (+1) 2