CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Can someone show me the brackets/results please...since I missed earlier series.

FabE beat Vibe 4-0

X-men beat Infused 4-2

Losers bracket - Vibe beat Infused 4-3.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can someone show me the brackets/results please...since I missed earlier series.

FabE vs Vibe 4-0, Infused vs Xmen 2-4.

Losers Bracket: Vibe vs Infused 4-3

Yeah I'm confused, winners bracket is Fabe vs X men. I just watched infused vs vibe. So where is this u4x team that was number 1 in the season?

Yeah I'm confused, winners bracket is Fabe vs X men. I just watched infused vs whoever. So where is this u4x team that was number 1 in the season?

U4X = fabE

Denial about what?

Snapshots ARE relatively easy, and sniping i general is easy compared to CE and 3. I'm saying snapshots are no easier in H5 than sniping in general was in H2. I'm also saying pros miss snapshots all the time. Outside of a select few plays, I'd say the reliance of the approach has been mostly ineffective.

Pro's don't quick scope in H5, because there is no benefit it doing so. But there was nothing difficult about quick scoping in h2 at all.

I'm saying there's much MUCH less risk in using the sniper rifle in modern Halo. That is the problem.

Quick scoping is difficult because you completely change your FOV instantly and have to find the head... while getting shot and descoped. It's not as hard as Halo CE sniping obviously but it's harder than no scoping in Halo 5.

Being from Europe doesn't just make your aim worse.

I think the argument is different scenes develop different tendencies adjusting to the relative skill level. Like in Halo PC the meta developed completely different than the meta on Xbox for Halo 1.

I think the argument is different scenes develop different tendencies adjusting to the relative skill level. Like in Halo PC the meta developed completely different than the meta on Xbox for Halo 1.

I'd imagine you play differently on a mouse and keyboard than a controller.

I'd imagine you play differently on a mouse and keyboard than a controller.

Not to mention it was a shitty port compared to the Xbox version.

I took a trip to Europe a few years ago. I stayed there for a few weeks. When I went back home, I was noticeably worse at Halo. It took me a couple days and a couple showers before I was able to wash the Euro off me and start performing like normal.

What else could this possibly mean?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Jimbos reign is over

Don't think I can say he's the best player in EU anymore 

Wonder how FABe would fair against NA teams   :thinking:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Can we get like a super cup type thing, NA champions vs EU champions on a LAN server. Would be hype to see Fabe vs CLG  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Who said this?

The different talent pools and playstyles allows for different strategies to develop within different scenes.

Why does the US produce the best basketball players, but is mediocre in soccer (football)?

Things that fly in EU Halo wouldn't fly in NA.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Jimbos reign is over

Wonder how FABe would fair against NA teamsdan:thinking:

he was never the best
  • Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Jimbos reign is over

Wonder how FABe would fair against NA teams   :thinking:

FABe looks like the best ever Halo 5 EU team. better than ex Epsilon for sure

​hard to gauge, but top 4 behind CLG, nV and E6 maybe right now.

​Worlds next year will be great. these guys are legit

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I'm saying there's much MUCH less risk in using the sniper rifle in modern Halo. That is the problem.

Quick scoping is difficult because you completely change your FOV instantly and have to find the head... while getting shot and descoped. It's not as hard as Halo CE sniping obviously but it's harder than no scoping in Halo 5.

There isn't MUCH less risk. Quick scoping obscures your view for a fraction of a second. And it's not like you don't get your reticle in the vacinity prior to zooming in. The risk stems from fact that you are using a weapon designed from long rang combat, with a low RoF, and small clip, in close-mid range combat. It's still a high risk ,high reward situation. And IMO it's easier to use the H2 sniper in close-mid range situations than it is in H5, the actual method of doing so is immaterial.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not to mention it was a shitty port compared to the Xbox version.

This was more of the reason. But another reason is the talent pool was much smaller. Most PC players just straight up suck and they play the dumbest gametypes that don't encourage skill development. The 4 horsemen could beat any PC player even if the PC players had a mouse advantage.

More Americans play Halo and the scene has a much richer history here. So you will see more top end players and the meta that develops around that will be slightly different.

• Upvote (+1) 1