CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

@@Batchford showed up on LAN, fairplay  :fire: 

Hosting FFA warmup at 7PM (1 hour from now) before FFA tourney.

60 Min time limit
No score limit
BR starts, Truth only.

PM here or on Xbox for invite

What?

The h2 sniper has no aim assist when unscoped

I know H1 does that but I'm fairly certain that H2 has unscoped aim assist. Could be wrong

• Upvote (+1) 2

Other then the crashes (fingers crossed it doesn't happen again) I'm loving the production today. Really like seeing vetos on screen and the ticker on the bottom with stats is really cool. Also just to beat a dead horse one more time can we please please get observer mode online

Broken link from Xbox lol

It's a nod to the spectator mode.

• Upvote (+1) 1

AR usuage in EU seems to be a skill issue. It's become a large part of the meta their because perhaps because players don't have the aim, positioning or awareness to counter it. I feel like I see a lot more AR in EU than US.

As far a snap shots go, pro's miss them all the time. It's not even H2 levels of ease.

I'm sorry buddy but you have no clue what you're talking about. There is no auto aim outside of scope.

In scope swipe sniping was stupid though.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Holy shit. Batchford is hyped right now.

Game 7 hype.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I know H1 does that but I'm fairly certain that H2 has unscoped aim assist. Could be wrong

No it doesn't. Notice that the halo 2 sniper reticule never goes red when unscoped.

This trophy actually looks good. The HWC trophy looked terrible imo.

What?

The h2 sniper has no aim assist when unscoped

the h2 sniper was easy, you could just swipe across the players head area and you'd get a head shot everytime

• Upvote (+1) 1

the h2 sniper was easy, you could just swipe across the players head area and you'd get a head shot everytime

In scope

While scoped

lol

Why is it funny? Does EU not use ARs more?

One of many plays that stood out to me is when Warlord was trying to keep blue flag from getting recovered. He crouched with AR a few meter away, at a range where the magnum would have been a better option. He died and the flag got returned.

Seems like a learned behavior. I don't think an NA pro would have tried to use the weapon in that particular situation.

In scope

Ok, maybe that's the case, but effectively there's no difference.

Would we feel better if people were quick scoping instead?

Ok, maybe that's the case, but effectively there's no difference.

Would we feel better if people were quick scoping instead?

Quick scoping is harder. That's why you don't see pros quick scoping in Halo 5 they just leave it unscoped and try to hit the shot with a clear view with easy bullet magnetism.

You're the only one I've seen in complete denial about how easy snapshots are for the sniper and how broken it is.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Quick scoping is harder. That's why you don't see pros quick scoping in Halo 5 they just leave it unscoped and try to hit the shot with a clear view with easy bullet magnetism.

You're the only one I've seen in complete denial about how easy snapshots are for the sniper and how broken it is.

Denial about what?

Snapshots ARE relatively easy, and sniping i general is easy compared to CE and 3. I'm saying snapshots are no easier in H5 than sniping in general was in H2. I'm also saying pros miss snapshots all the time. Outside of a select few plays, I'd say the reliance of the approach has been mostly ineffective.

Pro's don't quick scope in H5, because there is no benefit it doing so. But there was nothing difficult about quick scoping in h2 at all.