CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Pro tip:

Never publicly talk shit about someone you work with.

I'm not talking shit, I just think he writes without spellcheck on. We've asked him about it in the past and he seems to not really care about it. And saying I work with the guy is a bet of a stretch, I've had zero communication with him in 3-4 months. Thorin also writes for Gamurs, but I'd never be bold enough to say I work with him. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I mean, Halo 5 Halo 5 has series' highest number of active players since Halo 3. We are the comeback kids! :intensifies:

http://fortune.com/2015/12/04/microsoft-invests-in-halo/

"Warman says of the approximately 35 million Americans who have played any version of Halo in the past six months, 52%, or 17.5 million, are already engaging with eSports. Close to half of this group, or 7.9 million Halo gamers, can be classified as eSports enthusiasts, viewing eSports content a couple of times a month and/or participating in amateur online championships."

Not a single one of these numbers makes any sense whatsoever.

Are they counting the 500 Threesus Threezy etc accounts that CE players made to reset their ranks as 500 separate people?

At the time of the article MCC only sold 3 million copies and I think 2 in the US. So that means every single person had 15+ friends playing split screen with them at some point? And Halo 5 doesn't even have split screen so you can't pretend there's more players than copies sold there.

• Upvote (+1) 3

When there's literally only two Halo GAMURs writers and everyone is roasting the other one

eyOp5dK.gif

I used to have to edit a lot of Zarhaz's work, y'all would be surprised at some of the words he managed to misspell.

Zarhaz being the writer explains everything. That guy is an idiot. He kept spamming his YouTube videos over on THF. Most low quality videos you'll ever see as well.

I'm not talking shit, I just think he writes without spellcheck on. We've asked him about it in the past and he seems to not really care about it. And saying I work with the guy is a bet of a stretch, I've had zero communication with him in 3-4 months.

"I'm not talking shit"

*next sentence is an insult*

Okay, if you would like to split hairs. You write for the same website. Discuss it internally with whoever chooses the writers. Not blasting on a public forum.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

well this was closer then the last scrim, good series

alos royal 1 is coaching for finals, haven't seen him since h2a season 2 finals.

"Warman says of the approximately 35 million Americans who have played any version of Halo in the past six months, 52%, or 17.5 million, are already engaging with eSports. Close to half of this group, or 7.9 million Halo gamers, can be classified as eSports enthusiasts, viewing eSports content a couple of times a month and/or participating in amateur online championships."

Not a single one of these numbers makes any sense whatsoever.

Are they counting the 500 Threesus Threezy etc accounts that CE players made to reset their ranks as 500 separate people?

At the time of the article MCC only sold 3 million copies and I think 2 in the US. So that means every single person had 15+ friends playing split screen with them at some point? And Halo 5 doesn't even have split screen so you can't pretend there's more players than copies sold there.

I think 343's masterful implementation of single elimination tournaments have drastically increased Halo viewership. Who can resist watching tournaments as exciting as these?

I really don't see what's so unbelievable about those numbers. 343 has done a fantastic job with the franchise.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It it makes you feel any better, it tracks ever so slightly.

Quite the understatement, the game takes out all of the skill.

https://youtu.be/ifmD5rkpBnU?t=7m09s

It was definitely a heads up play but unfortunately the mechanic was not made to be skillfull at all lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

He couldn't go so Royal 1 is replacing him.

Mannnnnn why not 2gre?

Has anyone taken him up on his offer to be a coach/analyst yet?

o btw allegiance split up, idk if thats news but contra and devon are running games and cant announce who theyve been playing with. according to contra on stream

For real? Roster mania has begun?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Mannnnnn why not 2gre?

Has anyone taken him up on his offer to be a coach/analyst yet?

Well Royal 1 is Royal 2's brother and IIRC has coached him before.

I think 343's masterful implementation of single elimination tournaments have drastically increased Halo viewership. Who can resist watching tournaments as exciting as these?

I really don't see what's so unbelievable about those numbers. 343 has done a fantastic job with the franchise.

Dude honestly did you even read the article or my post? Because the article is over a year old first of all.

Secondly when you're looking at statistics you can't let your personal feelings and biases get in the way of searching for facts. You may think they are doing a good job with their ideas but the facts are that no recent Halo game has sold more than 3 million copies in the US but they claim 35 million have played it. That makes no sense and also has nothing to do with viewership btw... I'm talking about their claim about how many people played. Claiming that 8 million halo esport enthusiasts exist while sales figures are lower than that is absurd. Even if every single halo owner was a diehard esport player that's only 3 million tops for MCC. You're telling me there's 5 million people who don't even own halo that really care about the tournaments?