CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

were is the halo eports journalism? MLG use to write a fair amount. Kind of like team Liquid is to Starcraft. Somewere I can go to read about gsl updates and articles. As well as expert advise and history of the game, pro player interviews and such? Were would I go to read a clear brief article about eu proleague?

http://pro.eslgaming.com/halo/proleague/news/ 

Doug gets his stuff put up on ESPN Esports from time to time.

Gamurs.com posts pretty frequent (albeit low quality) stuff.

I post the community power rankings writeup on FantasyHCS each week (during the season) and I've published a few analysis pieces on ESL.

It's out there, you just have to follow the right people. I'd recommend following @ESLHalo on twitter. They share out most of the quality stuff that's published.

Gamurs.com posts pretty frequentl (albeit low quality) stuff.

That's so mean dude. What if the people who wrote articles for Gamurs frequented these forums?

That's so mean dude. What if the people who wrote articles for Gamurs frequented these forums?

Insensitive, maybe, but Gamurs doesn't seem to bother copyediting in the slightest. It's hardly "journalism," which OP was asking for.

Edit: oddly enough, just saw this on Twitter about their latest article.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Insensitive, maybe, but Gamurs doesn't seem to bother copyediting in the slightest. It's hardly "journalism," which OP was asking for.

It's sad to see Gamur's Halo content, time to time they have good stuff but majority is TMZ-lite level content from the same author who wrote a bullying piece like it's a huge problem in Competitive Halo and labelled Scaryotic.

https://gamurs.com/articles/egos-and-cyber-bullying-two-problems-in-competitive-halo

• Upvote (+1) 1

In one hand Halo doesn't warrant enough time for (real) journalist to cover because of lack of clicks and interest (kinda touches on what @@Clicked said about Youtube content). I can see why Gamurs goes the "National Enquirer" route with that kinda news for Halo. Unfortunately in today's world people want grabby headlines and drama. Short attention spans have us damned.

Not sure why you guys care about stream numbers when we have 7.9 million Halo eSports enthusiasts in the world.

Anyways, great stream today from the guys in the UK!

Thanks for the love Ray!!

Hope anyone who tuned in today enjoyed, as ever any comments or criticisms please pass along, helps us all improve. I think tomorrow will be much more polished due to the immense amount of content on the teams and players as well no spec mode (we can see where the players are ACTUALLY AIMING PEOPLE)

• Upvote (+1) 9

Thanks for the love Ray!!

Hope anyone who tuned in today enjoyed, as ever any comments or criticisms please pass along, helps us all improve. I think tomorrow will be much more polished due to the immense amount of content on the teams and players as well no spec mode (we can see where the players are ACTUALLY AIMING PEOPLE)

It was pretty polished today. At first I was confused because I didn't see you (tuned in during second match) and was like, "Where's Wonderboy!" Then you came out with Onset and did a great bicast. Good job overall, Simms looked a little sad/bored at the analyst desk IMO at first but eventually he was the usual Simms. 

Overall, so much better than the NA. Y'all are fantastic. Loved it. Can't wait for LAN. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

More pros should do content on youtube to bring more people the watch, but it is better for them to just focus on practicing cause they would have to create the community its not like they can just start a channel and join a big community. Flamesword and Maniac have big youtube channels because they joined the optic community other than them other pros dont focus much on creating extra content. 

grabby headlines and drama.

This is apart of whats wrong with todays media. Its not about accurate information, its about clickbait titles.

It's sad to see Gamur's Halo content, time to time they have good stuff but majority is TMZ-lite level content from the same author who wrote a bullying piece like it's a huge problem in Competitive Halo and labelled Scaryotic.

https://gamurs.com/articles/egos-and-cyber-bullying-two-problems-in-competitive-halo

i just feel like its written like a freshman in highschool who is forced to write a paper due the next morning and it has to be atleast 1000 words.  Just not a good read lol.  Like the content and story is there, Optic struggling, aPG under performing.  I am genuinely curious about that topic, but who ever is writing this needs to be replaced because they lack writing skill, in my opinion.

Sorry if you read this forum writer guy

• Upvote (+1) 1

i just feel like its written like a freshman in highschool who is forced to write a paper due the next morning and it has to be atleast 1000 words.  Just not a good read lol.  Like the content and story is there, Optic struggling, aPG under performing.  I am genuinely curious about that topic, but who ever is writing this needs to be replaced because they lack writing skill, in my opinion.

Sorry if you read this forum writer guy

When you see the twitch chat talk about their 250 word essays that they have to leave to stream to write, this is what they are talking about. I would give this a solid B- for effort. C's get degrees! 

• Upvote (+1) 8

I had no idea that Bravo is dating the female pro gamer Xena

Wait Bravo is dating Xena? What a life that man lives

• Upvote (+1) 1

I stopped reading after it said he was quite possibly the most dominant slayer of all time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

When you see the twitch chat talk about their 250 word essays that they have to leave to stream to write, this is what they are talking about. I would give this a solid B- for effort. C's get degrees! 

Hold up, I thought college was a scam?

o btw allegiance split up, idk if thats news but contra and devon are running games and cant announce who theyve been playing with.  according to contra on stream

• Upvote (+1) 2