CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I would agree that Halo 3 was an inferior game to Halo 2 (Slow AF with a terrible projectile system, the answer to host advantage wasn't to make hit detection terrible for everyone... but i digress).  But i don't think the decline of halo really started until Reach.

Though I agree Reach was probably the proverbial nail in the coffin for Halo, there's no denying that the magic that playing Halo 2 had, was simply lacking in Halo 3, no?

• Upvote (+1) 2

All the talk of fatherhood and e-sports is fun, but I just had to explain e-sports to my dad. "You mean people actually sit in a stadium and watch people play on a computer?"

"There is a screen where you can watch whats going on though." 

"But its not reality" 

"Don't tell me they have uniforms"

"They have jersey's. And there is a lot of money at stake."

"Crazy."

• Upvote (+1) 7

:kappa: 

ayyyyy

OT but I'm having a really hard time adjusting to your avator not being Frank Underwood. Like I know that you probably don't look like anything like Kevin Spacey but that's how I've humanized your online interactions and it's been really hard tbh  :mj:

and @@VinFTW is Carl Sagan reborn

• Upvote (+1) 1

I got my hands full with his 11 year old brother, who doesn't miss a snipe btw. And his 8 year old sister who is relentless and merciless at hunger games until they kick her from the host for winning too many games in a row.

I'll 1v1 Austin's brother for a spot in the family.  :kappa:  Gonna start calling you Dad anyway.

For real though it's awesome to have you around here. Love reading your posts and it often makes me like Mikwen that much more, even though that's never the purpose for them. Glad to have you here. Best parent since Momayame.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I'll 1v1 Austin's brother for a spot in the family.  :kappa:  Gonna start calling you Dad anyway.

For real though it's awesome to have you around here. Love reading your posts and it often makes me like Mikwen that much more, even though that's never the purpose for them. Glad to have you here. Best parent since Momayame.

MIkwen, PapaMikwen, MIkwensbro, and GirlyKwen seriously our GT's what would you be MIkTeapot or Teapotkwen? The Family that plays and slays together stays together.

• Upvote (+1) 9

rocket/strafe jumping while bunny hopping is literally the craziest shit while aiming, dodging and timing weapons. i love quake, such a simple yet impossible game to master 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Off-topic, but I just saw the new Optic podcast. Hope these guys stop with the uniformed politics talk & stick with what they know, videogames. Bigtymer's looks to be the only one of the four that actually's coherent & researched.  I mean Crim wants there to be government controlled/approved media all-around akin to Russia.  :wutface:

(around the 24 minute mark is when they try to talk politics)

• Upvote (+1) 8

Off-topic, but I just saw the new Optic podcast. Hope these guys stop with the uniformed politics talk & stick with what they know, videogames. Bigtymer's looks to be the only one of the four that actually's coherent & researched. I mean Crim wants there to be government controlled/approved media all-around akin to Russia. :wutface:

[media=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDKn1LVdQlU][/media]

Ive watched a decent amount of Optic vlogs, Vision, podcasts etc, and to me Crimsix is such an unlikable person.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Though I agree Reach was probably the proverbial nail in the coffin for Halo, there's no denying that the magic that playing Halo 2 had, was simply lacking in Halo 3, no?

Right.  I think they overthought the multiplayer a bit.  Things like theater and forge were great additions, all they had to do from that point was expand the utility of the weapon sandbox a bit and be done.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Off-topic, but I just saw the new Optic podcast. Hope these guys stop with the uniformed politics talk & stick with what they know, videogames. Bigtymer's looks to be the only one of the four that actually's coherent & researched.  I mean Crim wants there to be government controlled/approved media all-around akin to Russia.  :wutface:

It was cringy at best.  They are a brand and that brand can't have it's representatives (especially the CEO) spouting nonsense on the official channel.  Hitch needs to edit that crap out next time, assuming he's allowed to do things like that. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

when he was really little he was totally geeked about the rug rats movie, I took him we waited in line and it sold out just a few people in front of us. He was upset and as we drove away he said go to the other theater dad. I said its not showing at that one buddy, he replied your lying dad. They said on TV its playing in Theaters everywhere.

Pretty sure I just laughed so hard at work that people were staring

• Upvote (+1) 1

* Any team can win at a LAN, like in sports, the best team all season doesn't always win the 'ship.

I still cry about my '07 pats sometimes....

So what's the rule regarding team changes in the offseason? How many members must remain in order to hold a pro league spot or is the spot somehow held by the org?

So what's the rule regarding team changes in the offseason? How many members must remain in order to hold a pro league spot or is the spot somehow held by the org?

2 players + manager must remain

• Upvote (+1) 1

Good lord.  If they want to talk about global events they need to actually read about them.  

They have young teenagers listening to this that think they have some sort of wisdom.  

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Thanks for answering questions folks. I haven't been on the forums in a few weeks.

Last one (I think): Do we know what the pro league payout looks like? What are the teams at finals playing for? Do the 5-8th teams get anything? Sorry if this is all posted someplace and I'm missing it, please redirect me if that's easier. Halo.gg didn't seem to have many answers.