CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Well... If the last 10 pages taught me anything I guess it's time to go from being a forum reader first to a forum poster first..

Nice avi

:kappa::wutface:

Seeing the games clip by clip actually makes Halo 5 look pretty slow. 

A friend of mine who is big into CoD said, "I didn't know Halo was so slow." So I guess so? IN the clips Ola wasn't zipping around the map and some of the clips focused on his survival skills. 

I saw the ghost of Lunchbox today! He materialized out of the ether, carried me in the Assault playlist, and vanished back into the nether realm

When you realize you don't have pro league to look forward to after work  :mj:  :mj:  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 1

A friend of mine who is big into CoD said, "I didn't know Halo was so slow." So I guess so? IN the clips Ola wasn't zipping around the map and some of the clips focused on his survival skills. 

It'd be better to compare Halo to the other Halos.

Of course your friend thinks Halo is slow compared to CoD. It is. It's also much more strategic. You can't kill someone in .25 seconds with nearly any weapon.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2

It'd be better to compare Halo to the other Halos.

Of course your friend thinks Halo is slow compared to CoD. It is. It's also much more strategic. You can't kill someone in .25 seconds with nearly any weapon.

I told him Halo 5 was faster than 3/Reach and more fluid than four. I watch Halo because its slower. I like it because its slower, but not everyone thinks like that. 

Fast doesn't always equal better. 

What I'm trying to say is, I agree. 

Aside from @@RyaNoob, any pro youtube content released this week thats Halo related?

Did you see my montage? :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Aside from @@RyaNoob, any pro youtube content released this week thats Halo related?

You could do the Vision for the list when Hecz is disappointed with the team, again.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You could do the Vision for the list when Hecz is disappointed with the team, again.

Yeah, I def. could.

Shame I can't get 3 videos that focus solely/specifically on Halo.

Come on pros, more content please (aside from @@RyaNoob, again)

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think the issue is that there just isn't the correct amount of demand. I don't think it would garner enough views to make it worth it for the best players to push out content.

I think the issue is that there just isn't the correct amount of demand. I don't think it would garner enough views to make it worth it for the best players to push out content.

Thats the wrong attitude to have, IMO

Gotta start somewhere

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Gotta start somewhere

What content do you want? Vlogs/montages/tips and tricks/vision stuff or other stuff?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You gotta start from the bottom no Youtuber had thousand of views in their first video, it takes months and even years.

What content do you want? Vlogs/montages/tips and tricks/vision stuff or other stuff?

All of the above.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

You gotta start from the bottom no Youtuber had thousand of views in their first video, it takes months and even years.

^

you create your own audience, if you aren't getting views it's your own fault 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Gotta start somewhere

I totally get where you're coming from, but if I'm a pro player, my source of revenue probably goes (in order)

- tournament wins

- team sponsorship

- twitch/streaming

Making videos on YouTube is definitely something that I think is a good idea, but if I'm a top tier pro player, I have to ask myself if I'm okay spending less time working on the top two, for a venture that may or may not pay off, and even if it does pay off, wouldn't be all that lucrative.

But I am not a pro player, so I don't know their mindset or opinion when it comes to this.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Making videos on YouTube is definitely something that I think is a good idea, but if I'm a top tier pro player, I have to ask myself if I'm okay spending less time working on the top two, for a venture that may or may not pay off, and even if it does pay off, wouldn't be all that lucrative.

I think it also comes as an alternative income that players can built a potential future on when their game or abilities start to diminish. Look at players like Nadeshot, Ninja, Bigtymer, Flamesword, Nickmercs, etc. All top players in their respective games and were able to stream and do video content and make an actual living off of it.

Now I understand that not all players that have the personality or enthusiasm for this stuff. But if they aren't doing this, I really hope school / trade is a priority for something to bank on in the future.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think it also comes as an alternative income that players can built a potential future on when their game or abilities start to diminish. Look at players like Nadeshot, Ninja, Bigtymer, Flamesword, Nickmercs, etc. All top players in their respective games and were able to stream and do video content and make an actual living off of it.

Now I understand that not all players that have the personality or enthusiasm for this stuff. But if they aren't doing this, I really hope school / trade is a priority for something to bank on in the future.

Absolutely. The reality is that there are limited Gaming related jobs post-gaming career, and that for a lot of pro players, their career is just a chapter in their life, not the whole book.

For example, when CLG won the $250,000 (gross), I'm sure they treated themselves, but that type of money can set them up very nicely post-playing career (be it for school, a business venture, or a combination of the two.)

Not everyone ends up with a career as long as Ogre 2, and something to fall back on should be accounted for 100%.

If you find a niche market you can grow very quickly. Problem is over-saturation at the moment.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So what are your thoughts on the structure of the Pro League? I've watched a couple times and I've been fairly impressed. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

So what are your thoughts on the structure of the Pro League? I've watched a couple times and I've been fairly impressed. 

I like it, and I think, given the landscape of H5, it makes the most sense. There just isn't the player base to have the huge LAN events (and circuit) that MLG used to do. It doesn't help that H5 isn't a game that is innately easy to set up on LAN. The only thing I'd probably recommend, would be some way to incorporate a semi-pro aspect into the current scene. I was never able to make it to an event, but it was neat seeing player(s) & teams claw their way throughout the year, and breakout into Top 32, Top 16, and Top 8. It was exciting and fun to cheer on.

• Upvote (+1) 3