CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

If Hecz drops his whole roster, he should pick up and build around Ninja. 

That is under the assumption that they qualify i presume.

That is under the assumption that they qualify i presume.

Or that they don't and given the struggles people think RNG is going through as an org, OpTic buy their spot.

The vibe I get as an outsider watching the Vision episodes/Smooth competition etc, is that even when Hecz cracks the whip, he does it in such a friendly and passive aggressive way that it isn't taken seriously. I also think Maniacs shot and sometimes his awareness gets him through when he really needs it, but his movement and general feel for h5 is awful. I honestly think Hecz knows so little about Halo that he thinks Maniac and APG are still top players, when just watching them compared to frosty/Royal 2 (not exactly fair i know) is like night and day. The difference between H3/H2A and H5 is so much they play like completely different titles, some pros who could use their knowledge and shot  in previous games aren't getting to the elite level of using spartan abilities/movement.  I don't think there's any scenario, no matter how much grinding is done, where this team ends up a top 4 team, they just don't have the right talent.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Honestly I think this whole 5th-6th place teams qualifying and two finals teams getting relegated thing will not matter at all a month from now.

There'll obviously be a roster hurricane prior to the Fall season and I doubt more than 3 current teams survive it, qualified or not.

Of course regulation matters.

Sure there will be a ton of team changes, but for individual players, the best way to ensure you'll have a spot on a pro league team, is to be on one that qualified for next season.

Idk I just don't see Optic removing Maniac from the roster, I think they completely pull out from Halo before that happens.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Of course regulation matters.

Sure there will be a ton of team changes, but for individual players, the best way to ensure you'll have a spot on a pro league team, is to be on one that qualified for next season.

especially since a team has to have two original members on it. Meaning we cant see a drop everyone on optic or liquid scenario and rebuild

• Upvote (+1) 1

Idk I just don't see Optic removing Maniac from the roster, I think they completely pull out from Halo before that happens.

I think it's more likely that he'd quit before he would be removed. He just doesn't seem happy playing halo. Even posted a video about depression.

especially since a team has to have two original members on it. Meaning we cant see a drop everyone on optic or liquid scenario and rebuild

Only other scenario I could see happening is multiple teams imploding and not having enough players to retain their spots. In that case I think there would have to be another qualifier.

Come on guys, someone paused a TV show to reply to someone on the internet. You're tearing this place apart, think of the families.

To be fair, Mr Robot is an amazing series.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I could see Contra, Dev, Penguin and Commonly personally.

Wait a tic....

Vin with CLG on his profile....What is this

5246509-4518959499-tumbl.gif

Catching up on the forums like

image.gif

Every time I look back and check this again, there's another meme.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd love to see them build around Ace (only after Naded turns down the offer to start the team over @@Ace ) and Maniac. Get two new players. Once a transfer period comes drop Maniac and pick up a third new player. 

Maniac can lead the Optic Nation amateur team.

Building around Ninja would also be a smart move

My favourite thing about reading Mikwen posts critiquing other players is knowing how much he flips shit when someone critiques him.

Lol

"JUST FUCKING DELETE MY ACCOUNT!!!"

• Upvote (+1) 9

Maniac has it in him, I watched them when they were doing really well that first week. He was playing super well.

He's just a slower player, he needs 3 people keeping the map open for him, and he can really excel.

As for the actual OG team, I think they just got screwed over a lot this season.

Flame retiring, Naded retiring, picking up APG and his injury happening and kinda making him suck a fat wang. Sorry Bradley, you know it's all love.

This was the season I was like "Damn OpTic will actually be tough now" 

it wasn't an effort thing, it wasn't a work ethic thing, it wasn't bad mindsets. Just dealt a shitty hand and they tried their best.

and Flame needs to do a better job of coaching, or they get an actual coach. Elumnite did wonders for us.

Also Nick, if you read this. Start playing some fucking jump maps dude, no joke. Ola and I did them a ton and saw actual improvement in our movement. The scripting and shit kinda makes it wild. That's your only true glaring weakness that I've seen, poor use of thrust and slow movement.

And what jump maps would those be? Seriously, considering how much you and Ola have improved, pretty much anything you say about how to practice needs to be taken as gospel.

• Upvote (+1) 1

And what jump maps would those be? Seriously, considering how much you and Ola have improved, pretty much anything you say about how to practice needs to be taken as gospel.

Anything that requires all of the mechanics. Never really messed with the ones that you only jump.

I'll look and see, but we played so many. Many nights we stayed up til about now trying to beat some of them. 

The SAW maps were ones that were really good, but there were a few others.

and definitely doesn't need to be taken as gospel, we just worked a lot harder. Nothing special.

• Upvote (+1) 4

1) Assuming CLG, E6, and NV stay together for next season, and given that you can only drop 2 players without being relegated, what is the best team you can build? 

Snipedown, Suspector, Contra, Spartan 

So if someone gets shot in the back and killed by one guy that counts as a 1v1? Like if someone thrusts away and some guy just AR's him in the back that'll go down as a lost 1v1? If so I don't like this stat very much.

I think the sample size is large enough and this type of event rare enough that it has no meaningful impact on the results.

This could be one of those I think

http://youtu.be/nn9fpANhwkg

• Upvote (+1) 1

No pro league matches tonight :(

What is the next "event"? Relegation? When? 

No pro league matches tonight :(

What is the next "event"? Relegation? When? 

Sunday, EU Pro League Final (LAN)

Next week

NA relegation on Saturday (LAN)

NA Pro League Final on Sunday (LAN)

• Upvote (+1) 7