CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

apg wasn't on the team with him, Naded fans wrong? Would have never guessed. I'm not going in depth about this because I have said what I want to say unless Brett responds again. Look at pax and Burbank and you'll see that Naded wasn't this halo messiah carrying the poor and useless optic members. The LCQ maybe I don't remember but at both events? No.

Not to say he was worse than anyone obviously, but not a 1 man show.

Idk why I thought APG replaced Flamesword instead of Naded pls forgive me  :lxthul:

• Downvote (-1) 1

1) APG wasn't on the team yet.

2) It is absolutely possible to be a great player, but make the team worse (like KD is about to do with the Warriors :kappa: ).  Could be "off field" issues, personality issues, too many cooks in the kitches, etc etc.  Obviously i have NO IDEA what it was actually like just being a forum kid, but as a general concept with all types of competitions a great player can make a team worse.

perfect example of point 2, Haggy/Aches from COD

Im calling it now Goofy Naded Arkanum Str8 SicK Season 2 #tD

Yeah sounds like a good team for the open circuit, since they couldn't be in the pro league due to the roster change rules.

I always thought Flamesword sudden retirement (I can't be the only one that thought it was out of the blue to everyone) pushed Naded from the team. He wanted to get them into Pro Leauge take the time he needed off after the stressful run from Worlds.

Either way, Naded isn't at fault for OpTic failures. They've been a low tier pro team since Contra and Aries left. Team should have imploded 6 months ago.

Now I don't have insider info or anything, just how I always looked at it. I could be way way off.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Well, as much as I love a good ole fashion game of he said/she said/omgwaitshedidwhat/noway/omggawwddddwhatabitch let's bring er back down a notch here..

back to the...

HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE.  @@PaPaMikwen has the right idea here 'yonders, we have finals/relegations in 10 days :O :O :O

Who's taking home that glory?  Is CLG poised to don the spanking glove once more and dole out some of that ruthless corporal punishment?  Will the ironically named team Renegades step up when it matters?  BUBU. FUCKING. DUBU.  Or... is the stage set for the return of the white wizard Ola?  (queue gif of gandalf in front of theoden but with Ola's face over Ian Mckellans, idk i'm at work just picture it)  

Will the proverbial HCS diaper be passed off from either Liquid or Optic to a contender?  Who will proudly step up to the stage to snatch up that coveted pampers plus 7th/8th seed?

Idk, just a little food for thought here eh?  I come here to escape the Kween Kardashian vs Queen Swift bullshit and all I see is some petty junior high note passing and locker room gossip.

dehike those skirts 'yonders, we've got a league to hype here.

-jdot out.

p.s. @@Saucey for president.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Naded is the Kevin Durant of the Halo Championship Series, he's about to come back rocking an Evil Geniuses jersey just to try and get a ring. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

is the stage set for the return of the white wizard Ola?  (queue gif of gandalf in front of theoden but with Ola's face over Ian Mckellans, idk i'm at work just picture it)  

@@mediabrute yes please

• Upvote (+1) 1

Has manic or apg ever had a positive KDA this season smh

Nice +vibes coming from Naded's alt account. 

0fd01112cb94a6dcbcd988483be42cc1.png

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

After reading a few of these things about single vs. double elimination, I feel like so many people are trying to eliminate what makes sports so great. Looking at any league in the US, the season is used to get the seeding for a single-elimination playoff. When the 8th seeded Habs went on a post-season tear in '10 and knocked off the best team of the season, Washington Capitals, no one put an asterisk next to the Blackhawks' Stanley Cup victory because they didn't beat the #1 team from the season. Upsets are a part of sports, it's not about the popular team winning, or the statistically better team winning. It's about one group of guys showing up at the right time and overcoming seemingly insurmountable odds - or falling flat on their face trying and the better team actually wins. Double-elimination taints some of the spirit of competition.

tl;dr - To spend an entire season to prove you belong there, as a top seed, lose early (presumably to one of the lesser teams to qualify) AND get a do-over feels wrong.

I agree with all of this, except for the fact that our pro-league is all online and there are so many factors out of the players hands that make matches unfair. Double elimination LANS are perfect for halo in my opinion and it really doesn't take any competitiveness away at all. NOONE, wants to lose in winners bracket and have a harder road to win the tournament. And NOONE, wants to lose in losers bracket, because.. Well duh you're eliminated.

Well I for one am interested on what the schedule is going to look like for the finals and what they will stream. Kind of interested in the FFA as well. Like, do pros get to compete in it while there too?

Everyone sticking up for Naded did not listen to the final week or two of their team scrims.

Opposite of positive vibes. Downright poisonous attitude.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Can anyone shed some light onto what happened with U4X? I saw KIMBO tweet something about them but that was about it

Everyone sticking up for Naded did not listen to the final week or two of their team scrims.

Opposite of positive vibes. Downright poisonous attitude.

What's been the common factor of all the teams Naded has been on that have failed to win championships? 

Naded. 

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If a team with Hysteria can win then I'm pretty sure a team with Naded could too. Blaming one person for a loss is dumb as shit honestly. Saying Naded was the problem when he performed well enough to get them in the league doesn't make sense to me. it's a team game. There have been many, many people that were top players in their respective sports that haven't won a championship. Come on now.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Nice +vibes coming from Naded's alt account.

0fd01112cb94a6dcbcd988483be42cc1.png

Lol you're crazy i made this account cause I wanted to reply on the burden to the team comment and I couldn't remember my other log in that also was fear tha yeti or something.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

If naded were on liquid they would be at the playoffs right now. That should be the team

And flames retirement was much worse and a bunch of shit, especially when he said that as coach will be on top of them to scrim and everything. That obviously never happened

• Upvote (+1) 3

If a team with Hysteria can win then I'm pretty sure a team with Naded could too. Blaming one person for a loss is dumb as shit honestly. Saying Naded was the problem when he performed well enough to get them in the league doesn't make sense to me. it's a team game. There have been many, many people that were top players in their respective sports that haven't won a championship. Come on now.

we dont know enough to really say something one way or another. but (and i hate to disagree when it's been so long since i last did this with you lol), can you really say one player can't singlehandedly effect an outcome after watching the performances of guys like naded, ninja, huke or cratos (good or bad)? it's not outside the realm of possibility.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Well, he is a snarky SOB that says a lot of stuff tongue-in-cheek too, so you have to take that into accounts.  He is usually also being comical.

Yeah cuz its not like he himself posts the lethul gets carried meme...

For sure I understand a lot of it is tongue in cheek, but it is every time. I'm not the only person to have made a post like that. He does it so often, it's hard to ignore the trend.