CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Well we know it's not CLG, and I doubt he'd be saying it if it were someone on nV. So between e6 and RNG I'd have to say RNG. Especially with the assumption that the players are going to be parting ways with the org after their contracts are up.

It's most likely RNG. The team was having chemistry issues and of course the org issues. Sad to see them part. Maybe it will cause rostermania? 

What you're saying would be correct in other Halo games, yeah. But Halo 5 is massively different.

The only one who has proven himself to be a decent individual H5 player is Ace, whose primary accomplishment in Halo 5 is having the best stats on Optic, which isn't much to brag about. Being the H4GC means absolutely nothing, Halo 4 wasn't taken seriously, FFAs are mostly up to luck, and 1v1s (especially in Halo 4, which truly shouldn't be considered in almost any discussion) take a very minimal amount of skill (unless of course, you do think that Ace is a better Halo player than Pistola).

Maniac was great in some past Halo games. He was one of if not the most underrated player in H2A. He was one of my favorite players to watch. In Halo 5, he cannot compete with the top 4 on an individual level. Watch him play. He can't move or shoot like the top pros. He stumbles around and falls off maps. There's just no comparison, it's evident in his placings and more evident if you watch him play.

APG was, again, great in past Halo games. He is now one of the top 3 worst players in the Halo 5 Pro League.

Str8 Sick hasn't really proven anything in Halo 5 either except for the ability to sometimes take over games.

Damn. Well said. RIP my argument. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's possible that he's referring to the teams in relegation too, I guess.

It has got to be the top 4. He wouldn't refer to relegation as finals and it's obvious that Liquid and Optic will make changes.

No team is safe outside Clg though. We all know how crazy the Halo rosternania is pretty much after every major event. Also I could see Snipedown trying to build new godsquad. He is still one of the best and hungriest H5 players.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It has got to be the top 4. He wouldn't refer to relegation as finals and it's obvious that Liquid and Optic will make changes.

No team is safe outside Clg though. We all know how crazy the Halo rosternania is pretty much after every major event. Also I could see Snipedown trying to build new godsquad. He is still one of the best and hungriest H5 players.

You have to remember the 2 player change limit restriction. So any "god squad" snipedown might form will have to include Suspector.

Well time to be a fan of whatever team picks him up

Is anyone willing to team with him at this point? Dude quit on Optic. Who's to say he wont quit on another team again?

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Is anyone willing to team with him at this point? Dude quit on Optic. Who's to say he wont quit on another team again?

Meh. He is still a great player who knows the game and can make good plays when needed. I'm sure he'll be in Pro league next season. 

You have to remember the 2 player change limit restriction. So any "god squad" snipedown might form will have to include Suspector.

Good point. Allegiance Suspector has def my vote for the next godsquad. Eg Suspector not so much. Maybe Naded and another versatile player ? ( Rammy, Rayne, Eltown, Enable(pls)(don't want Nv to break up though)).

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

To be fair he joined up with Optic while Flamesword was still on the team.

He still managed to help them make the Pro League through the LCQ, but I don't think he was comfortable with the teams potential once Flame had left. At the time it felt like he was jumping before the ship sank, although there's a chance he just wanted to focus on his life considering how long he's competed and after all his ups and downs I can understand if he was feeling burnt out.

I agree with @@CyReN about Naded running the Optic team and I think theres a real chance he could field a roster that competes, I really still believe Naded wants that win especially after seeing how emotional he got at Worlds about it. The fact he wants to compete again after a break not only shows to me that he still has the passion but he'll be fresh and motivated and as a Naded fan that excites me.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah I think Naded could easily be the go to pickup for season 2. We have seen how dominant his online performance is (Alg, Wfx). He literally is the game changing player. He will get you to the finals, he just needs three great players to carry him trough moments when he suddenly switches off lol.

Optic is really interesting with the whole 2 player change limit. If they don't get relegated, and want to make a change, they'll have to retain at least two players. My money would be on Maniac and Ace. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Optic is really interesting with the whole 2 player change limit. If they don't get relegated, and want to make a change, they'll have to retain at least two players. My money would be on Maniac and Ace. 

Two solid choices. While I'd prefer Str8 Sick and Ace, I think Hecz would go the Laniac and Ace route. If they brought Naded back alongside Str8 Sick I'd be happy. 

I did like the team of snip3down stellur suspector eco that they did in the tourney but I would honestly like to see Spartan or naded in place of eco and then it would be

Snipedown suspector stellur Spartan/naded or hell snipedown suspector naded spartan. They're all interesting teams to say the least

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Honestly that's a really solid duo. Suspector hasn't grinded much this season but he has talent and it showed on ALG and has at times when he's really had the chance to spearhead the EG strategy. Suppose the twins retire (not saying they will but for any number of reasons they're showing some performance and chemistry issues and I don't know if either of them have the energy to reboot a new team), and Eric and Ayden stay under the EG name, which seems likely because a) Towey and Eric are super close and have worked really hard on the team house, b) Eric and Ayden are still playing and speaking together (see the tournament roster today) c) The twin bickering is really starting to get to the team and the problem with any 4th is they have to try to improve and mesh with two players who spend the majority of time between games arguing about individual bad plays regarding the other. EG likely could have picked up almost anyone after worlds. This is no longer the case and other players, even the young guns dying to make a name for themselves see that being the 4th on EG is becoming a suicidal role. I don't think there's really a player that could fill that explicit role except Lethul. If the twins retire I can see EG picking another duo that plays to Eric's experience or Ayden's youth. With that in mind I could see either a Mikwen Ola pick up or a Huke Dubu pick up. Both of these are probably imperfect pickups, Mikwen and Ola because of how invested they are in the NV org, and Huke Dubu because while Huke has his moments Bubu Dubu has an incredibly unique playstyle which will probably take a while to get used to on any team. In the end I believe either could be the God Squad everyone's talking about but it would take a ton of practice.

Who is the RNG team manager, symbolic?

If so ninja retains the team spot, no doubt

For RNG Halo, yes. I could see Peng/Commonly parting ways with Vic/Ninja. Symbolic would go to the new org with the latter duo due to their history.

Naded could be a good pickup among some other (possibly) soon to be F/As once the contracts are up.

Yeah it'll be interesting to see what happens with team changes between seasons. As teams need to hold onto 2 players to keep their spot in the league. I'm still really hoping for a Snipedown+Towey to OpTic somehow. Feel like that would be a perfect fit. But then it comes down to what RoyBox plans on doing.

Just let Naded run OpTic with no baggage.

Exactly Boot everyone off Optic and let Naded be the sole person and let him build a team from the ground up like he did with ALG. Sadly though if that were to happen they would have to start off in the open bracket. And im sure Naded wants to be picked up by a pro team.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yea Hecz should boot off all of optic and get the guy back who left after the pro league rosters were final to "retire" for a season just to come back. Peace out maniac ace str8 sick and apg, we're giving the team to the guy who ditched us.

As an impartial spectator this would be hilarious. And by hilarious I mean hilariously ridiculous.

Yea Hecz should boot off all of optic and get the guy back who left after the pro league rosters were final to "retire" for a season just to come back. Peace out maniac ace str8 sick and apg, we're giving the team to the guy who ditched us.

Atleast he didn't do that to join another team just before the roster lock right ?

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 4

If the twins retire I can see EG picking another duo that plays to Eric's experience or Ayden's youth. With that in mind I could see either a Mikwen Ola pick up or a Huke Dubu pick up. Both of these are probably imperfect pickups, Mikwen and Ola because of how invested they are in the NV org, and Huke Dubu because while Huke has his moments Bubu Dubu has an incredibly unique playstyle which will probably take a while to get used to on any team. In the end I believe either could be the God Squad everyone's talking about but it would take a ton of practice.

Honestly confuses me how many people think that E6 or nV should break up. Both teams seem to have good chemistry and they're the most likely teams to take down CLG. Let's not forget that E6 is the only team to win CLG since X Games and nV was only few kills away from beating CLG.

• Upvote (+1) 1