CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I know it's not some high stakes tournament, but in the Legendary Cup that 2gre was filling in for Rammy, they were first rounded in the winner's bracket and then made an amazing run all the way through the Loser's bracket, having to play the team that sent them into the loser's bracket again, which was a hype series, then make it to the grand finals and reset the series to where the ultimately lost in game 7. In single elim we wouldn't have gotten any of that. It would have just been 2gre getting on to stream, getting first rounded, and then getting off or doing arena. I'm sure there are some better examples from bigger tournaments like Noble Black in H2A.

I'm not saying that stuff isn't hype, but this is only four teams. There isn't much of a run to make. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 8

Typical business. At least we are fixing that. HWC 2017 has a guaranteed $1 mil right now and I think if they continue the crowd funding with REQ packs it should reach $3 million which would bring a lot of people. HWC 2017 will be a hypefest. 

Hopefully they get a huge venue for it too.

And put it on ESPN. 

3m would bring in viewers for the event, not for long term though, as seen by hwc 2016.

3m would bring in viewers for the event, not for long term though, as seen by hwc 2016.

the lack of LANs surely didnt help

• Upvote (+1) 2

LCQ had like 20k viewers at the grand finals. If there were more LANs inbetween HWC and Pro league I'm sure the momentum could have been capitalized on. Plus if they had a proper website then it would have helped. 

No more giant text.

lol it was one word and a joke since Vin used large text. It's fine though I'll post about Star Wars next time so I won't get in trouble.

And it seems you removed Vins post about power rankings? But why? I've been supporting this site with premium, but honestly you make it difficult for me to want to.

• Upvote (+1) 1

lol it was one word and a joke since Vin used large text. It's fine though I'll post about Star Wars next time so I won't get in trouble.

And it seems you removed Vins post about power rankings? But why? I've been supporting this site with premium, but honestly you make it difficult for me to want to.

If you want to talk about Star Wars, feel free to try out our thread in OT.

If you have any questions about moderation or Premium, my PM box is always open to discuss these topics. Promoting personal content is a privilege. There's no need to spam it then have it in large text on a daily basis. We've had complaints about it in the past, hell you even had an issue with it just now.

And if anybody else wants to discuss forum rules or issues, PM's are always welcomed.

Thanks.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Double elim is more exciting... More chances for story lines to come into play and new ones to be formed..

There's absolutely zero reason to have single elimination in a FOUR TEAM TOURNAMENT.

I really am getting tired explaining this over and over.

This is Halo, and especially Halo 5, the games are fast. Double elim, if planned right, would work fine.

Chill out. I don't recall saying double elimination doesn't work right. i certainly wouldn't complain if it were double elim.

The point I'm making is, given that this a POST-SEASON there is no statistical or practical reason to have a double elimination tournament. It would merely exist so that people could see more games (which fine, but it speaks to preference, not necessity). Many story lines were already established during the regular season and can still be bookended by a single elim tourney (see most other pro sports). Also, the possibility of upset results is greatly increased by a single elimination tourney- there is no shortage of story line potential. Also, there is a level of excitement associated with knowing that there are no second chances. The notion that double elim = more excitement is purely subjective.

Halo players have earning potential from orgs, streams, pro leagues, and tournaments.

A huge proportion of that earning potential has come from tournaments. Double elimination is a good way to ensure their final placing is comparable to how they performed. Single elimination does that for first place only.... and the rest is a crap shoot depending on who faces who and when.

I feel pro players should be given the opportunity to earn their placings (and in turn money) in the most fair way possible... and that is with double elimination.

You are ignoring the fact that teams had an entire season to establish a seeding that would maximize their chance at prize money. There's nothing more fair than that.

• Upvote (+1) 4

My Power ranking (even though most of these team won't play again):

CLG

NV

E6

Team Liquid (it's weird putting them here)

RNG

EG

ALG

Optic.

Is he done with Halo??

Yes. In one of his tweets he said he is not interested in Halo anymore.

Yes. In one of his tweets he said he is not interested in Halo anymore.

Why? Is it just because he's competed so long without getting pro?

Why? Is it just because he's competed so long without getting pro?

I have no idea why. Maybe it's because Halo 5 is stale.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 6

You guys understand that loser's bracket is single elim, right? I don't see where the "excitement" is lost.

They both have potential to be exciting. One just happens to not suck for Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Is it just me or have teams been scrimming a lot less in the last few weeks? Did something happen? It seems like teams just aren't practicing very often. Or have I completely missed something?

They have been practicing MUCH less. Half of the blame is on 343 for making such an unenticing pro league, the other half is on many of the Halo pros for being lazy and feeling entitled.

• Upvote (+1) 1

LCQ had like 20k viewers at the grand finals. If there were more LANs inbetween HWC and Pro league I'm sure the momentum could have been capitalized on. Plus if they had a proper website then it would have helped. 

im one of these people. I watched X games and HWC and had fun. I hate online events as I find them very boring, no atmosphere or anything. Not to mention im watching in spectator mode lol. I have watched 0 pro league matches besides the game 5 nv vs clg match on Youtube, the only online events i watch are when my friends compete and thats it. Online events are just utterly boring because they have no hype.

I'm so behind on the scene because of it but i think they have a LAN coming up next weekend? So ill probably watch that