CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I feel like if the majority of the players pressured ESL and 343 hard enough they could get radars removed. Similar to how Breakout go removed. I'm just not sure pros really care enough to make the effort at this point. I mean, we are talking about Halo pros.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I feel like if the majority of the players pressured ESL and 343 hard enough they could get radars removed. Similar to how Breakout go removed. I'm just not sure pros really care enough to make the effort at this point. I mean, we are talking about Halo pros.

I think we all know where this conversation will go (somewhere dark and terrible), but the thing you're overlooking is that there are a fair amount of pros who have expressed that they don't want radar completely removed.

Someone punch me for continuing this dialogue.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think we all know where this conversation will go (somewhere dark and terrible), but the thing you're overlooking is that there are a fair amount of pros who have expressed that they don't want radar completely removed.

Someone punch me for continuing this dialogue.

Well obviously there are going to be people who don't want it removed. The whole ALG team didn't want Breakout removed. I have to imagine the majority of players would rather there be no radar, and the off time between spring finals and the fall pro league (who knows when that's gonna start) would give the players a chance to adjust to the new settings.

This of course has 0 chance of actually happening, but I feel like it could if we had more proactive players and a more responsive production team.

For the record, I'm fine with radar or no radar, and since it seems to be such a touchy subject here, I won't continue discussing it.  :intensifies:

Go and eat dinner and the sprint argument arises again.

God help us.

• Upvote (+1) 8

single elim is more exciting imo

I agree, it may not be as accurate a representation of the standings but knowing that every match is going to lead to an elimination is really exciting. It ups the stakes so much.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I agree, it may not be as accurate a representation of the standings but knowing that every match is going to lead to an elimination is really exciting. It ups the stakes so much.

While I agree that it is exciting, I think its harsh on the players, which I understand is a part of life, but some of these players are pretty young. Some are taking time off before college etc to try and make this a potential career. Yes there is decent money at the top few placings, but afterwards things drop off a lot. Then you're splitting it 4 ways + org cut and tax. Single elimination can be harsh from a financial standpoint.

Double elim lans are way more fun to watch imo

Seconded.

• Upvote (+1) 1

With single-Elumnite...

...okay, I was about to post about tournament format, but my phone just autocorrected "elim" to "Elumnite".

I've officially been on this forum a long time, guys.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

bo7 triple elim

edit: with 5 team round robin pool play. 

You there is a limit to the amount of hours in a day?