CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So a new org that promises the world to players goes tits up.

Halo players.

Pls learn.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Well for Halo the more money in the HWC the more high profile orgs will join on for Halo and more pros want to grind Halo. All in all it increases exposure and viewership which is what the Halo community needs.

I don't know I mean if the pros are there and the fans are there, the orgs will follow. What is better for both fans and pros? One tournament for a large sum of money, or smaller but more sustained LAN events all over? There is no reason we couldn't have a HWC be $1-1.5 million and then break up that $1 million into 5 LAN tournaments for 200k each prizes throughout the year. Gives stability to pros and like Adam from MLG said, better chance to build grassroots followings rather than have online tournaments no?

(higher seed map veto advantage???).

It's a tournament, not a pro league match. So I dont think there's any vetoes.

I don't know I mean if the pros are there and the fans are there, the orgs will follow. What is better for both fans and pros? One tournament for a large sum of money, or smaller but more sustained LAN events all over? There is no reason we couldn't have a HWC be $1-1.5 million and then break up that $1 million into 5 LAN tournaments for 200k each prizes throughout the year. Gives stability to pros and like Adam from MLG said, better chance to build grassroots followings rather than have online tournaments no?

I can't see why we can't have both. Daddy Microsoft is lined with cash and having a strong Halo esport scene is only good for Xbox moving forward. I would love to see more LAN events in places that are considered "Halo strongholds" and places that aren't. For me, the 2050 open LAN is a big test for Halo's grassroots viability. I was glad they gave it a shoutout during the Pro league stream and I hope they provide either a heavily discounted or free private server for the event along with more exposure. 

Evo has down sides as well.

Such as bo3 until winners/losers final and grand final.

For a lot of games that's seen as not a good justifier for skill.

Infiltration has won 3 years in a row. I'd say it's pretty consistent identifier of skill. 

Was Formal really that godlike? I never got to see him play but is he as crazy as Huke or even more?

Dude was pretty good but not the best halo player in the world like some people make him out to be

If there will ever be a team out there that consistently beats CLG, it will be a team that includes Formal.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If there will ever be a team out there that consistently beats CLG, it will be a team that includes Formal.

good thing we never put formal on a pedestal

• Upvote (+1) 9

Does relegation seem like not that big of a deal to anyone else? I'm assuming 90% of Optic/Liquid would find themselves on a pro team again within the next month if either (or both) lost their spot

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does relegation seem like not that big of a deal to anyone else? I'm assuming 90% of Optic/Liquid would find themselves on a pro team again within the next month if either (or both) lost their spot

U1PHT7H.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4

Memes

Omg I'm in one of those memes you're submitting. Mom get the camera! 

• Upvote (+1) 1

So a new org that promises the world to players goes tits up.

Halo players.

Pls learn.

+rep for "tits up".  My new favorite phrase.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's a tournament, not a pro league match. So I dont think there's any vetoes.

I've been hearing different from several pros who qualified for the LAN.

The fact that neither of us know just proves my initial point.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've been hearing different from several pros who qualified for the LAN

Would be pretty cool if they showed the vetos live before each match. (If there are any, that is)

Would be pretty cool if they showed the vetos live before each match. (If there are any, that is)

I agree. I wouldn't count on it though. They won't even make the vetoes from pro league available for people to see.

What a time to be alive.

Just submitted an application for something not esports related. Looking for a "Digital Curator" - someone who specializes in memes. These are the three I submitted, what do you guys think my chances are?

H6rvfXA.gif

xqk4qv0.gif

2gF6dot.gif

Did you make the one with ninja dropping i tel from a plane? Because i would have submitted that one for sure.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Embarrasing when compared to Evo. 

Evos sponsor plugs and segways were pretty terrible imo. I get it, they "have to" but the way they went out about it was laughable. Not as bad as worlds but I wasn't a fan. I don't remember who it was, but there were some great ones before.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What a time to be alive. 

Just submitted an application for something not esports related. Looking for a "Digital Curator" - someone who specializes in memes. These are the three I submitted, what do you guys think my chances are? 

H6rvfXA.gif

xqk4qv0.gif

2gF6dot.gif

My stomach hurts from laughing at the last one so hard!!! OMG - that is God's work you're doing!