Absolutely.

Evo was arguably life changing just watching it

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

We'll get there, Vin.

One day.

No excuses

We should have been there day 1

Or at the very least not have single elim best of 5s in a 2.5 million dollar tourney...

Halo 5s games/series go quick. 7 or bust.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

No excuses

We should have been there day 1

Or at the very least not have single elim best of 5s in a 2.5 million dollar tourney...

Halo 5s games/series go quick. 7 or bust.

Typical business. At least we are fixing that. HWC 2017 has a guaranteed $1 mil right now and I think if they continue the crowd funding with REQ packs it should reach $3 million which would bring a lot of people. HWC 2017 will be a hypefest. 

Hopefully they get a huge venue for it too.

And put it on ESPN. 

Typical business. At least we are fixing that. HWC 2017 has a guaranteed $1 mil right now and I think if they continue the crowd funding with REQ packs it should reach $3 million which would bring a lot of people. HWC 2017 will be a hypefest.

Hopefully they get a huge venue for it too.

And put it on ESPN.

I guess I just have no faith it won't be an enormous PR advertisement/commercial again
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I guess I just have no faith it won't be an enormous PR advertisement/commercial again

I feel like it would, but for me as long as I get to see some hype Halo I'm happy. 

I do agree about Major Nelson and Phil Spencer being out of place. Both are great guys but not in the e-sport realm. Maybe they could be at the opening of the main event but that's it. 

Still, its a long ways away considering we still have Fall league and NA regionals. 

Embarrasing when compared to Evo.

Evo has down sides as well.

Such as bo3 until winners/losers final and grand final.

For a lot of games that's seen as not a good justifier for skill.

• Upvote (+1) 2

HWC 2017 has a guaranteed $1 mil right now and I think if they continue the crowd funding with REQ packs it should reach $3 million which would bring a lot of people.

I don't have any details on population but I'd hope they start the crowd funding soon. I can't imagine the amount if ppl buying REQs have increased.

I wish they did the same thing as Dota 2's International Compendium with a running total. But then again I wish they were more transparent about a lot of things.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Meh, I think that crowdfunding has diminishing returns... At some point it just becomes a ridiculous sum and I can't help but think that the money could be going towards something other than a single tournament.

Every year I see the International get to 5mil+ I just can't help but think that the difference between 5mil and 8mil to the spectator isn't a massive difference. Obviously for the players that's HUGE but to me they are both "ridiculous" sums.

I don't have any details on population but I'd hope they start the crowd funding soon. I can't imagine the amount if ppl buying REQs have increased.

I wish they did the same thing as Dota 2's International Compendium with a running total. But then again I wish they were more transparent about a lot of things.

anecdotal, obviously, but I wasn't really around for worlds last year. I would have happily helped the crowd fund that, but I just thought competitive halo had died a while ago with reach, h4 and not finding a game for 2 months in MCC. I wouldn't be surprised if the competitive population has only grown. Its hard to imagine anyone who stuck it out through all of that bailing now.

Again, only anecdotal.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Meh, I think that crowdfunding has diminishing returns... At some point it just becomes a ridiculous sum and I can't help but think that the money could be going towards something other than a single tournament.

Every year I see the International get to 5mil+ I just can't help but think that the difference between 5mil and 8mil to the spectator isn't a massive difference. Obviously for the players that's HUGE but to me they are both "ridiculous" sums.

Well for Halo the more money in the HWC the more high profile orgs will join on for Halo and more pros want to grind Halo. All in all it increases exposure and viewership which is what the Halo community needs. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

anecdotal, obviously, but I wasn't really around for worlds last year. I would have happily helped the crowd fund that, but I just thought competitive halo had died a while ago with reach, h4 and not finding a game for 2 months in MCC. I wouldn't be surprised if the competitive population has only grown. Its hard to imagine anyone who stuck it out through all of that bailing now.

Again, only anecdotal.

I was the same way. Once MLG left I figured competitive Halo was done for. I somehow happened to stumble on the X-games though and realized  :weback: . Been watching since then 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Evo has down sides as well.

Such as bo3 until winners/losers final and grand final.

For a lot of games that's seen as not a good justifier for skill.

For smash, maybe (I know the scene is upset about it, I get it but w/e) but the rest of the games this is a constant norm. SFV, Guilty gear, mortal kombat, etc all do bo3 and no one complains because it's your fault for not adapting quick enough. Only marvel is bo5 constantly because you will lose matches in 10 seconds
  • Upvote (+1) 2

it seems that Mose and Kimbo have left U4X... Mose' Twitter just shows him as a "Pro Halo Player", and Kimbo's profile shows him as playing for FabE.

Any Intel on way they've parted ways, and more importantly, what this means for the EU Finals line up this weekend..?

• Upvote (+1) 3

it seems that Mose and Kimbo have left U4X... Mose' Twitter just shows him as a "Pro Halo Player", and Kimbo's profile shows him as playing for FabE.

Any Intel on way they've parted ways, and more importantly, what this means for the EU Finals line up this weekend..?

or they just don't care about their social media. Kimbo has had FabE forever.

Edit: WOAH, good call! Crazy so soon before the LAN. I know personally not long after signing with U4X, they had an issue but they apparently smoothed it over with U4X management. Guess it ended up blowing in their face, anyway.

• Upvote (+1) 2

No offense, but if they are leaving before a Tournament with a decent amount of money on the line and they're undefeated they're really dumb for leaving.

Like if you're going to leave do it when the tournament is over with.

No offense, but if they are leaving before a Tournament with a decent amount of money on the line and they're undefeated they're really dumb for leaving.

They wouldn't be leaving the tournament, they'd be leaving their organization/sponsors. The spot would go to the team of four, not the organization.

i thiiiink that if all 4 and the coach split from the org and stay together they'd be able to complete. Let me just check that rulebook...
  • Upvote (+1) 4

?????

I just think at some point, the money can be put to better use for Halo eSports. More funding throughout the year, open tournaments, FFA opens, etc.

Well for Halo the more money in the HWC the more high profile orgs will join on for Halo and more pros want to grind Halo. All in all it increases exposure and viewership which is what the Halo community needs. 

Right, I'm not arguing that crowdfunding to increase the prize pool to a certain point is a bad thing. I think it's a great idea. My point is that somewhere along the imaginary line, it can be put to better use.

No organization is thinking, "Man if this tournament only crowdfunded 4.5 million instead of 3 million, we would've gotten into Halo eSports".

Hope I'm making sense. I like crowdfunding, to a point. After some point (which is hard to draw the imaginary line for), I think it has diminishing returns.

• Upvote (+1) 2

They wouldn't be leaving the tournament, they'd be leaving their organization/sponsors. The spot would go to the team of four, not the organization.

Oh I thought they were quitting the team if they're just quitting the org then that's not as big of a deal though I wonder if U4X would still be entitled to a percentage of the prize pool if they win.

It's such a joke that literally no one knows the rules for the Pro League other than ESL. Even the commentators don't know them. Elemate was the one that said head to head was the tiebreaker, when it was actually overall map %. We're days away from the FINALS of the Pro League and we don't even know the rules for the LAN (higher seed map veto advantage???). Sometimes it's so hard to support ESL. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Is it just me or have teams been scrimming a lot less in the last few weeks?  Did something happen?  It seems like teams just aren't practicing very often.  Or have I completely missed something?