CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Thanks to anyone who watched, we had to cut it short due to an Xbox update rolling out mid tournament lol.

Thanks for the memories, Mr. Shannon.

Thanks to anyone who watched, we had to cut it short due to an Xbox update rolling out mid tournament lol.

Fact y'all lasted so long was amazing. Chemistry was on point. Missed Gaskin, but Onset was great as usual. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'd say the best current example would be Ogre 2. If you watch his stream, he often complains about his hands being extremely sore if he plays for an extended period of time. I have to suspect some of that is due to 15+ years of clawing. 

Also the amount of people texting >>>>>>>>>>> the amount of people clawing on a controller. It's hard to compare the two.

2gre never clawed full time though. He holds and shoots in a default grip. It's not like walshy

2gre never clawed full time though. He holds and shoots in a default grip. It's not like walshy

I stand corrected. I still think the comparison of people clawing and people texting isn't a very great one.

I had a great laugh at this. It was the only emotion that stopped me from crying.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Fact y'all lasted so long was amazing. Chemistry was on point. Missed Gaskin, but Onset was great as usual. 

Thanks mate, I missed Gaskin loads too... and it was an absolute marathon, something like 6 hours straight with only 5 minute breaks... in the sweltering heat of England no less, the studio was like being in a frying pan it genuinely felt like I was going crazy by the end of it. Real shame it ended the way it did.

• Upvote (+1) 1

6 hours? Could have gone for 6 more. Easy.

But in all seriousness red bull is bad for your health.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Thanks mate, I missed Gaskin loads too... and it was an absolute marathon, something like 6 hours straight with only 5 minute breaks... in the sweltering heat of England no less, the studio was like being in a frying pan it genuinely felt like I was going crazy by the end of it. Real shame it ended the way it did.

With you and your shorts :P 

Still can't get over the fact that @@TheSimms has a tat and I never knew this. 

Hyped for EU and NA finals. Be interesting to see Bravo at the analyst desk or whatever role he's assuming. 

Anyone else just watch this Smash tournament that had 200K on twitch?

Just wait for SFV to have even more.

that feel when fighting game tournaments have 12k prizepools and still get 2x as many viewers as the highest-ever Halo viewership 

• Upvote (+1) 1

it's Evo

it's "the" tournament 

• Upvote (+1) 9

I hope Killer Instinct does well (I know they had KI ladders dont know if they are doing a mainstage event but it would help out HCS because I know a player was using Arbiter who might make it to finals. Not only would it advertise a Halo character but it would also advertise Xbox and in turn expand console esports. 

With you and your shorts :P

Still can't get over the fact that @@TheSimms has a tat and I never knew this.

Sorry for having this on show tonight, I know it's a tad unprofessional getting it out (I like to keep it hidden while on stream) but tonight the studio hit some serious heat levels and we really felt it up on the desk.

Also always surprises me how many still don't know, I have a full arm tribal from wrist to mid shoulder and then text on the inside of the arm. It still not finished yet, needs about another 2 hours then can work on my sleeve on the other arm.

Thanks for everyone who tuned in today, was actually a really fun stream. Voice kicked it mid way as I've not been to well since Germany but still didn't stop us having a good laugh!

• Upvote (+1) 5

The eSports manager at ASTRO video skyped me yesterday from EVO and panned around the venue.

Absolutely PACKED, it reminded me of MLG Halo Open events. Kind of bums me out thinking about it.

Yes, 343 will need to make some major decisions. 

Just found out that Randa was in hospital... glad he's out, and hopefully Elevate can now grind hard for LCQ. Would love to see them take out Optic. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Has there been studies about the effects of clawing? Genuinely curious where people get this from. Id say any which way of holding a controller hasn't been around long enough for anyone to say there will be a lasting impact or if it will be fine. Texting has been popular for about a decade now and there's already "textneck". You'd think we would have ran into clawhand or something by now.

When I let my hands dangle or just don't do anything with them they automatically fall into a holding an xbox controller position. I'm not sure if that's normal and that's why controllers are designed like that, or if holding one for so long has done this.

When I let my hands dangle or just don't do anything with them they automatically fall into a holding an xbox controller position. I'm not sure if that's normal and that's why controllers are designed like that, or if holding one for so long has done this.

Mine do this as well. Claw and all. Even when I hold a gun my middle finger goes to the trigger while my index lays on the side.

I haven't been around in the past week cause of vacation, anyone care to give me a quick update of what has happened? 

I haven't been around in the past week cause of vacation, anyone care to give me a quick update of what has happened? 

We have the Pro League set: 

CLG

E6

nV

RNG

TL beat RNG 3- 1 which put the ball in EG's court. EG lost to CLG 3-0. 

Snip3down apparently roasted Vin but he deleted it and I didn't see what happen. 

EU had NTSC (French squad) qualify for relegation and one other team but I don't know who because the matches weren't streamed due to a late broadcast and Xbox wanting to update. 

Also, NInja did a Q&A which I wrote for everyone to read. Had some good bits and he was super honest. Answered three of my questions in good detail. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

If 343 wants more people interested in competitive Halo they should make arena playable. Terrible servers and you only match full teams in Onyx. It's a joke

• Upvote (+1) 6

EG is out, Vin is converting to CLG. OpTic don't get good enough practice. Halo 5 is still polarizing.

Edit: Apparently we like Cratos now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If 343 wants more people interested in competitive Halo they should make arena playable. Terrible servers and you only match full teams in Onyx. It's a joke

In the mornings here, I find the servers are really good. Then in the afternoon it just goes to hell with rubberband.

• Upvote (+1) 1