CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Nice seeing the EU stream having 1.3k viewers with no pro players playing in it (I think former pros are in it though). Nice to see the EU get more love than usual. 

Also loved hearing @@TheSimms sing. 

The "I've been clawing for 10 years and I'm fine" argument is akin to "My grandma smoked her entire life and lived to 100". See anecdotal evidence.

It's harmful, but that doesn't mean every single person who does it will suffer serious consequences from doing so.

In any event, if people weigh the risks and want to claw, that's perfectly fine. Do what works for you, just make sure you have thought about it a bit.

Has there been studies about the effects of clawing? Genuinely curious where people get this from. Id say any which way of holding a controller hasn't been around long enough for anyone to say there will be a lasting impact or if it will be fine. Texting has been popular for about a decade now and there's already "textneck". You'd think we would have ran into clawhand or something by now.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I don't claw or use paddles and I'm not a team arena champion. Coincidence??

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Has there been studies about the effects of clawing? Genuinely curious where people get this from. Id say any which way of holding a controller hasn't been around long enough for anyone to say there will be a lasting impact or if it will be fine. Texting has been popular for about a decade now and there's already "textneck". You'd think we would have ran into clawhand or something by now.

I'd say the best current example would be Ogre 2. If you watch his stream, he often complains about his hands being extremely sore if he plays for an extended period of time. I have to suspect some of that is due to 15+ years of clawing. 

Also the amount of people texting >>>>>>>>>>> the amount of people clawing on a controller. It's hard to compare the two.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd say the best current example would be Ogre 2. If you watch his stream, he often complains about his hands being extremely sore if he plays for an extended period of time. I have to suspect some of that is due to 15+ years of clawing. 

Also the amount of people texting >>>>>>>>>>> the amount of people clawing on a controller. It's hard to compare the two.

didn't we decide, despite what Ogre 2 says or how he performs, that he doesn't have hand pain and he would be at the top of his game forever? 

Note for everyone: there's no grand finals for tonight's Open Circuit EU finals. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Note for everyone: there's no grand finals for tonight's Open Circuit EU finals. 

There is a grand finals, it's just the lb finals :D

This set up really gets to me. They should at least play the finals for maybe a small prize pool. There's no way this design is good for viewership.

Anyone watching EVO? The stadium is huge. I wish Halo was like that. 

The eSports manager at ASTRO video skyped me yesterday from EVO and panned around the venue.

Absolutely PACKED, it reminded me of MLG Halo Open events. Kind of bums me out thinking about it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So if this stream is just AM teams so when does the tournament with actual pros start?

This weekend

1 you mean the same overall KD which stems from his sniper prowess over the course of the whole season and not just recent matches?

2 bubus increased usage in snipe is still small compared to the amount of time huke uses it, the last two matches pretty much say so. same can be said with cratos. however rare it may be (debateable) that huke loses 1v1s, it's an area worth pointing out as individual play is not something you only highlight when it's good. going by your logic, we should ignore el towns poor decision making last night because it's a 4v4 game and the team can pick up the slack right?

3 um no actually the closest to beating CLG at worlds was jimbo's squad. see the empire strongholds game again. that series was much closer then the match score shows. denial took one more game but there losses were no where near as close. There is no denying that huke has a big future in halo, but he's not near perfect on the level of royal 2 in terms of overall gun skill. .

Main point was that his plan sans sniper is still top-level. Not trying to make some random argument about whether he's better than Royal 2 or not, and there's no need to over-extrapolate my reminder that this is a 4v4 game to mean that individual decisions never matter. You saying his play without sniper is spotty makes no sense if you look at his overall gameplay and stats recently and across the whole season. Your post even provoked me to do a quick double-check into his recent pistol stats (he led with pistol kills in both of his last matchups), then his beginning of season stats (where he was at least Top 3 if not higher in pistol kills per matchup), and then @@ssbChad comes in with the perfect kill stats, where he's also Top 5.

Basically, you've got a player with one of the best KDs in the league who gets most of his kills with a pistol, and gets more pistol kills per matchup than his teammates and opponents. I mean, what am I missing here? That there's maybe a few players out there that can still beat him in a 1v1? What the heck does that prove?

I guess if your point was that he's not perfect, then fine. It seemed to me that you were trying to suggest that his high stats and related hype was mostly related to sniper play, which is simply not the case. He's one of the best all-around regardless of power-weapons, imo. Which, considering his age, is absolutely insane. Really hoping he doesn't go back to COD.

Slightly unrelated, but also mad props to @@Cratos for recognizing the talent and potential of the huku dubu duo and making it a priority to try to team with them. Rough start at beginning of season but it's obviously paying off now.

Oh, and to everyone else, sorry for taking us off-topic with a non-Vin related post

• Upvote (+1) 7

Slightly unrelated, but also mad props to @@Cratos for recognizing the talent and potential of the huku dubu duo and making it a priority to try to team with them. Rough start at beginning of season but it's obviously paying off now.

Yeah it's not like people had been raving about them for months or anything......

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So if this stream is just AM teams so when does the tournament with actual pros start?

EU?

Sat & Sun (July 23-24)

Wait so they're not going to awkwardly reminisce for 30 minutes until the next match is ready?  :intensifies:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is there a website that shows the week-by-week results of the pro league and the schedule? Haloesportspedia hasn't updated their website since week 2 and halowaypoint only shows the standings. This website might, but I only come every now and then and I don't want to scuffle through all the posts.

Is there a website that shows the week-by-week results of the pro league and the schedule? Haloesportspedia hasn't updated their website since week 2 and halowaypoint only shows the standings. This website might, but I only come every now and then and I don't want to scuffle through all the posts.

Yes!

http://pro.eslgaming.com/halo/proleague/matches/#?matchday=1

• Upvote (+1) 2

halo esportspedia is now  http://halo.esportswikis.com/

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've been clawing since 2001 before I even knew it was a thing. I just naturally held the controller that way. My index finger is slightly curved on my right hand but other then that my hands are totally fine.

How old are you?

Wait until you're 35 and your hand looks like buddy from scary movie 2 lol.

• Upvote (+1) 2