CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

RNG have proven in the Pro League that they can hang with and beat both nV and E6. Their loss to Liquid yesterday doesn't change that. Sure, you can say LAN vs Online, but it's not like this current RNG squad are only good online. VicX is a veteran, Commonly won a LAN with EG at XGames, Penguin was godly at Worlds, and Ninja has actually been pretty consistent in a good way on LAN in H5.

I'm not saying RNG is going to get top 2 or dethrone CLG, but I don't see any reason to think they can't or won't be able to compete with these teams.

I hope you're right! I would love to see them make finals.

Maybe if he was strapped to Hukes back he'd have had a better shot.

Maybe he'd be strapped to it if he used paddles
  • Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Does this mean CLG hasn't even reached its final form yet?

I don't believe they've even been challenged yet. I know they lost to Enigma when Royal 2 was sick but they also lost to EG at Xgames when Frosty was sick..

I don't believe they've even been challenged yet. I know they lost to Enigma when Royal 2 was sick but they also lost to EG at Xgames when Frosty was sick..

Looks like teams are taking the wrong approach then. I've seen liquid try to improve comms, ALG try to improve team work and Optic try to improve anything, when actually all they need is a devious mind and some SARS blankets.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Don't advocate for clawing. It's physically harmful.

I've been clawing since 2001 before I even knew it was a thing. I just naturally held the controller that way. My index finger is slightly curved on my right hand but other then that my hands are totally fine.

Fun Fact: Every player on CLG claws

Frosty only claws sometimes, and doesn't use paddles. 

chad is up there with ms baretta and lunchbox's wife for being the most diehard vicious fan of a player ive ever seen in my life. u go chad

EU Open Circuit finals start in 15 mins.

Come watch some dope players do dope things.

Suspector is the problem :kappa:

He's been very unimpressive all season IMO

Some good series but overall not what I expected

I've been clawing since 2001 before I even knew it was a thing. I just naturally held the controller that way. My index finger is slightly curved on my right hand but other then that my hands are totally fine.

This. I could never hold a controller "normal"

and as of now I don't really deal with issues at all, who knows if I keep it up though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

THANKS FOR TWEETING THE STREAM @HALO @HCS

..................... NOT

don't worry guys it's just Europe :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

This. I could never hold a controller "normal"

and as of now I don't really deal with issues at all, who knows if I keep it up though.

it's just bad ergonomics

however i'm sure you can minimize the impact if you take proper care of your hands and wrists outside of clawing. Like doing exercises, braces, massages, etc. But most people don't though.

Also everyone's body is literally different, so there's no one size fits all for this type of advice

it's not as simple as 'if you claw you are 100% going to have issues"

it's a risk you're taking, but you also have to weigh performance

is it more important to have perfect ergonomics or is it more important to play at your 100% best (because you are comfortable) 

ideally everyone would adapt to paddles but like most worthwhile things in life it's not always easy

(just some thoughts i had, not directed @ you in particular)

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I cant handle twitch chat, the things people come out with baffle me

The "I've been clawing for 10 years and I'm fine" argument is akin to "My grandma smoked her entire life and lived to 100". See anecdotal evidence.

It's harmful, but that doesn't mean every single person who does it will suffer serious consequences from doing so.

In any event, if people weigh the risks and want to claw, that's perfectly fine. Do what works for you, just make sure you have thought about it a bit. 

• Upvote (+1) 2