CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

This is not the place for this but it's been talked about here so I'll give my two cents regarding H3A. As much as I want it to happen as a standalone launch title for Scorpio, it is only about a 50/50 shot for a couple reasons. Let's start back with HCEA.

As everyone knows HCEA was released with an independent remastered campaign, while it's multiplayer was released as DLC maps for reach with specific settings to try to replicate the HCE experience.

Now. Lets talk about why MCC REALLY happened, starting with H4. H4 was supposed to be an Xbox One launch title, plain and simple. IF everything had gone to plan, H2A would likely have paralleled HCEA and released a standalone campaign with Multiplayer replicated as H4 DLC in the H4 engine (which still happened by the way), both of which would have come out on Xbox One. BUT because of the delay for the console, not only would releasing H2A multiplayer as DLC for a dead game be a waste, but there was no Halo period on the new console. So with the impending 10 year H2 anniversary the decision was made to release H2A on Xbox one. MCC happened as a result because even with multiplayer and campaign combined, H2A was not going to be enough to justify a standalone game. Not to mention they needed the H4 engine working on Xbox one for Multiplayer, and they already had HCE and H2C engines built for x86. 

Fast forward to now. It is both equally possible that we'll get H3A, which would only be robust enough as a standalone game if it were released with a huge suite of maps, H5 level forge, all running on an upgraded H5 engine that could both run on the OG Xbox one with H5 graphics, and boost the fidelity for Scorpio, AND that we'll get H3 maps in H5 matchmaking, possibly as part of a large DLC adding splitscreen for Scorpio on across H5, and a standalone campaign.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

1 you mean the same overall KD which stems from his sniper prowess over the course of the whole season and not just recent matches?

Chad's stats are week to week

This is not the place for this but it's been talked about here so I'll give my two cents regarding H3A. As much as I want it to happen as a standalone launch title for Scorpio, it is only about a 50/50 shot for a couple reasons. Let's start back with HCEA.

As everyone knows HCEA was released with an independent remastered campaign, while it's multiplayer was released as DLC maps for reach with specific settings to try to replicate the HCE experience.

Now. Lets talk about why MCC REALLY happened, starting with H4. H4 was supposed to be an Xbox One launch title, plain and simple. IF everything had gone to plan, H2A would likely have paralleled HCEA and released a standalone campaign with Multiplayer replicated as H4 DLC in the H4 engine (which still happened by the way), both of which would have come out on Xbox One. BUT because of the delay for the console, not only would releasing H2A multiplayer as DLC for a dead game be a waste, but there was no Halo period on the new console. So with the impending 10 year H2 anniversary the decision was made to release H2A on Xbox one. MCC happened as a result because even with multiplayer and campaign combined, H2A was not going to be enough to justify a standalone game. Not to mention they needed the H4 engine working on Xbox one for Multiplayer, and they already had HCE and H2C engines built for x86. 

Fast forward to now. It is both equally possible that we'll get H3A, which would only be robust enough as a standalone game if it were released with a huge suite of maps, H5 level forge, all running on an upgraded H5 engine that could both run on the OG Xbox one with H5 graphics, and boost the fidelity for Scorpio, AND that we'll get H3 maps in H5 matchmaking, possibly as part of a large DLC adding splitscreen for Scorpio on across H5, and a standalone campaign.

Ok...negged...I guess I'll see myself out.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

T2 should make a video on his thoughts of each team that was in the Pro League and predictions for the NA playoffs. 

Also, Snipedown has had enough!!!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Snipedown likes to scrim and grind, in fact, no one on EG doesn't like to scrim, I think that Roy said he just can't do 6-7 days anymore.

Suspector I'm unsure about anymore tbh, I haven't seen him grind like he did on allegiance. Kid might be burnt out.

might have something to do with him graduating high school and starting college, if thats what hes doing. IDK though, ive never been in his stream or anything. very talented and seems pretty humble, hopefully he'll stick around.

Wait, what did he say?

it was a meme with a wonderful picture of  :mj: holding L's that EG gave him. only back a few pages 

might have something to do with him graduating high school and starting college, if thats what hes doing. IDK though, ive never been in his stream or anything. very talented and seems pretty humble, hopefully he'll stick around.

He's been done with that for a while though, hasn't been grinding for a while like he did on ALG though

Ok...negged...I guess I'll see myself out.

don't take it personally

i didn't read the whole thing, but i gave it positive rep anyway

for the passion

For those of you with no sense of humor, just to be clear, I'm not actually a CLG fan and my avvy is a joke :p

Everybody's so sensitive and serious these days

I'm too used to locker room banter

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

don't take it personally

i didn't read the whole thing, but i gave it positive rep anyway

for the passion

Honestly it's an anticipation thing. We know something will happen but no one really knows what so...

You do know that even Call of Duty has a skill gap right? It's about the size of the gap. How difficult a game is to master.

The skill gap could be larger, but it's ridiculous how badly people exaggerate H5's apparently nearly nonexistent skill gap. There is a decent skill gap.

For those of you with no sense of humor, just to be clear, I'm not actually a CLG fan and my avvy is a joke :p

Everybody's so sensitive and serious these days

I'm too used to locker room banter

Quit triggering people :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1