CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I was about to post that the 2 best duos in the game are Bubu/Huke and Contra/Devon and how sick of a team that would be, then i remembered that was a team and it was sick af and all those players have only gotten better.  That team has a whole lot of potential, but i feel like E6 has an amazing thing going and they all like eachother and love playing together and thats almost irreplaceable these days

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah I don't see RNG making finals or even winning a series all day. :(

RNG have proven in the Pro League that they can hang with and beat both nV and E6. Their loss to Liquid yesterday doesn't change that. Sure, you can say LAN vs Online, but it's not like this current RNG squad are only good online. VicX is a veteran, Commonly won a LAN with EG at XGames, Penguin was godly at Worlds, and Ninja has actually been pretty consistent in a good way on LAN in H5.

I'm not saying RNG is going to get top 2 or dethrone CLG, but I don't see any reason to think they can't or won't be able to compete with these teams.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Royal 2 Million

1vTE355.png

Huku Dubu doesn't need your energy

biAmUgK.png

Mikwen's sniper is a thing of beauty

CETkw72.png

"We've basically clinched right? Unless we completely sh*t the bed." - Ninja after Week 6

3UK3QTB.png

• Upvote (+1) 2

just some random thoughts here.

huke is definitely a top 5 player but that depends on which huke we're talking about. huke with a sniper is a force to be reckoned with second only to royal 2 IMO. huke without a sniper though is bit spotty. in terms of raw gun skill huke has some ground to cover as i've seen him get outplayed in 1v1s by the likes of ninja, pistola and mikwen. he does make up for that with good positioning and patience but as we saw during his time with denial, that's not going to be enough on LAN in halo 5. that was more or less the same deal with ogre 2 minus the snipe skill

No not at all

it seems like people are conveniently forgetting when cratos shit the bed at worlds against CLG.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So, did the "extremely watered down skill gap" allow you to compete with the pros and dominate them in the HCS circuit? ... Orrrrr are you at best a mid-level Onyx who would still get wrecked if you ran into Optic in MM.

Because you know what that's called? ...Skill gap.

You do know that even Call of Duty has a skill gap right? It's about the size of the gap. How difficult a game is to master.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Having tournaments that start at 3 pm PST make it essentially impossible for anyone with a normal job to participate... Is there any hope that at some point they could perhaps span two weeknights ? Say 3 hours each night instead of 6 in one day?

We used to run these on the weekends, but we are trying to find the right balance during the week can be a hassle.

We set these schedules up month(s) in advance, problem is we have no idea what is going on with the HCS since there is very little communication to us (and the community) and we don't know until weeks before. We do our best not to overlap these, weeks leading up the HCS takes up 4 days of the week.

I hope they release the Fall schedule soon soon so we know what's on deck to plan around it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

We used to run these on the weekends, but we are trying to find the right balance during the week can be a hassle.

We set these schedules up month(s) in advance, problem is we have no idea what is going on with the HCS since there is very little communication to us (and the community) and we don't know until weeks before. We do our best not to overlap these, weeks leading up the HCS takes up 4 days of the week.

I hope they release the Fall schedule soon soon so we know what's on deck to plan around it.

I just want them to release the rules for finals  :walshy:

I just want them to release the rules for finals  :walshy:

STOP COMPLAINING, ALL YOU GUYS DO IS KEEP COMPLAINING ABOUT VALID STUFF!!!!

:lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 6

just some random thoughts here.

huke is definitely a top 5 player but that depends on which huke we're talking about. huke with a sniper is a force to be reckoned with second only to royal 2 IMO. huke without a sniper though is bit spotty. in terms of raw gun skill huke has some ground to cover as i've seen him get outplayed in 1v1s by the likes of ninja, pistola and mikwen. he does make up for that with good positioning and patience but as we saw during his time with denial, that's not going to be enough on LAN in halo 5. that was more or less the same deal with ogre 2 minus the snipe skill

This doesn't hold up much at all to: 1. his overall KD stats and 2. the fact that bubu dubu has been running with sniper more recently, and Huke is still outslaying everyone. He might get beat 1v1 by a few players, but it's a fairly rare occasion that rarely matters in a 4v4 game if you're on a team with great communication and chemistry.

Comparing his time on denial to now also doesn't make much sense, he was incredibly raw on a different team that STILL was the closest to beating CLG out of anyone else. As far as I'm concerned, this kid can be the future of Halo 5 (and hopefully Halo 6 if he sticks with it).

Understood, thank you for the response sir!

You do know that even Call of Duty has a skill gap right? It's about the size of the gap. How difficult a game is to master.

How is this relevant to my post? Do tell. The point I was making is that as long as the pro's are significantly better than the average competitive player, I would say the skill gap is acceptable. The closer in skill the balance of players are, the more enjoyable online play is.

• Downvote (-1) 4

I still want this map in h5.

Not sure why downvoted, Haven would be a Top 5 map in Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This doesn't hold up much at all to: 1. his overall KD stats and 2. the fact that bubu dubu has been running with sniper more recently, and Huke is still outslaying everyone. He might get beat 1v1 by a few players, but it's a fairly rare occasion that rarely matters in a 4v4 game if you're on a team with great communication and chemistry.

Comparing his time on denial to now also doesn't make much sense, he was incredibly raw on a different team that STILL was the closest to beating CLG out of anyone else. As far as I'm concerned, this kid can be the future of Halo 5 (and hopefully Halo 6 if he sticks with it).

1 you mean the same overall KD which stems from his sniper prowess over the course of the whole season and not just recent matches?

2 bubus increased usage in snipe is still small compared to the amount of time huke uses it, the last two matches pretty much say so. same can be said with cratos. however rare it may be (debateable) that huke loses 1v1s, it's an area worth pointing out as individual play is not something you only highlight when it's good. going by your logic, we should ignore el towns poor decision making last night because it's a 4v4 game and the team can pick up the slack right?

3 um no actually the closest to beating CLG at worlds was jimbo's squad. see the empire strongholds game again. that series was much closer then the match score shows. denial took one more game but there losses were no where near as close. There is no denying that huke has a big future in halo, but he's not near perfect on the level of royal 2 in terms of overall gun skill. .

How is this relevant to my post? Do tell. The point I was making is that as long as the pro's are significantly better than the average competitive player, I would say the skill gap is acceptable. The closer in skill the balance of players are, the more enjoyable online play is.

CLG's absolute dominance should be a testament to the fact that the skill gap is still strong in this game. Not to mention just the difference in watching a player like Frosty or Huke play vs. watching a player like Maniac or APG, the difference is night & day across all factors. The way the elite pros shoot, use thrust, and I hate to say it but even the way they use their autos is completely different from the bottom half of pros. This game allows for individual mastery to shine.

• Upvote (+1) 1

CLG's absolute dominance should be a testament to the fact that the skill gap is still strong in this game. Not to mention just the difference in watching a player like Frosty or Huke play vs. watching a player like Maniac or APG, the difference is night & day across all factors. The way the elite pros shoot, use thrust, and I hate to say it but even the way they use their autos is completely different from the bottom half of pros. This game allows for individual mastery to shine.

In MW3 optic dominated.

In blacks ops 2 impact had a 4 peat which was then followed by conplexity dominating

In Ghosts complexity continued to dominate for a long time

In AW optic dominated except in champs

In BO3 optic is dominating

all of these games had a player or a couple of players that were clearly above most other pros but it doesn't mean that the CoD series is a shining example of skillfulness

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think Huke will continue playing Halo when he is old enough to go back to CoD.

I don't think Huke will continue playing Halo when he is old enough to go back to CoD.

He'll go where he's making money
  • Upvote (+1) 2