CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

wait wait wait

how do you guys not know who Girls' Generation is???

gee gee gee gee baby baby baby 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yea, I'm sure both companies have internal motivation of, "let's not do what MLG did just to upset the competitive Halo fanbase! That's a real smart business decision!." C'mon.

Personally, if I lived near the venue I would be all over a $60 price fee to watch a pre-league finals. Hell, taking your girlfriend to a movie would be damn near the same price.

And just to reiterate, $60 is for the VIP ticket.

• Upvote (+1) 2

They did though.  Venue was announced at the beginning of the month.  That's a month to plan a trip.  Only the tickets were just released but the venue has been know for two weeks now.

But how do you know if you'll get a ticket? I'm sure many (including myself) could have booked everything for Worlds much earlier but the tickets ended up selling out within 1 minute. Then those who booked that travel would have been screwed out of $1K+ (flight + hotel + car rental + food + etc.) without even being able to go to the event.

• Upvote (+1) 1

But how do you know if you'll get a ticket? I'm sure many (including myself) could have booked everything for Worlds much earlier but the tickets ended up selling out within 1 minute. Then those who booked that travel would have been screwed out of $1K+ (flight + hotel + car rental + food + etc.) without even being able to go to the event.

I'm not saying the way they did it is right.  It would be great to be able to book a trip well in advance knowing 100% that you have a ticket to the event around which your trip is centered.

I'm just trying to respond to the dude feeding false info.

Lol yours too? Mine just completely popped out one day, I was like wtf? Haha. I'm like, shit, I don't jump that much do I?

My bumper has been messing me up for the past 2 months, I can hardly jump now. I didn't know they could pop out though haha.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

My bumper has been messing me up for the past 2 months, I can hardly jump now. I didn't know they could pop out though haha.

2 regular xbox controllers and one xbox elite controller have done that to me so far.

I never had a problem with a 360 controller once i opened them up, ripped out the vibrator thingies and sanded to fix slow turn.  (I had 2 Razr onzas completely disintegrate in my hands though)

I had absolutely zero problem with any xbox or ps2 controller and those actually took a few beatings from a younger me. 

Honest suggestion. Buy whichever controller you want...pay the extra 9-19.99 for the additional warranty and just keep returning for a new one. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

343i just sent out a survey regarding HCS skins, check your emails.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

i fill out the good surveys lol

which is like 3 times ever

i fill out the good surveys lol

which is like 3 times ever

This was a great survey, if you get it be honest! They are looking to improve them.

i'm filling it out now, they asked the right guy haha

btw i got an invite for the "Twitch Research Power Group", might wanna check your email for that

• Upvote (+1) 1

900$ for cross country flight and ticket to Pro League finals... to see 4 teams... for 2 days...

I'll just wait for worlds. :mj:

tbf, worlds wasn't much better.  the only good thing about the third day was getting free kogi tacos during the games.  

Vocal minority problem.

Couldn't be happier that we are making steps in the right direction overall. Not everything will happen overnight. HCS eSports team is hiring more people, including designers, editors, etc.

It's a $60 ticket, that's less than a soccer match. Stop trying to compare ourselves to a league that already has a huge viewer population behind it. Got to work ourselves up the ranks, jah feel?

Obviously it's good to voice your opinions on what you are and are not happy with,! but in a constructive way.

Not just knee jerk cynicism.

Why does everyone think that everyone who disagrees with them is a "vocal minority"?

Such an abused term that just gets thrown out by people who don't want to critically think about an opposing viewpoint.

• Upvote (+1) 5

You are not supposed to talk about it but ok.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I had to google what that is, haven't heard of any of these musicians. Can't tell if old, ignorant or realistic.

TTS.jpg

BTS_1100X520.jpg

Shinee.jpg

Hope for those that go, you can have a blast with this lol.

Would it be weird if i said i knew the name of every single person in those pictures lol

I made sure to tell them how half assed, atrociously ugly and void of any creativity the EG ones were :)

• Upvote (+1) 7

People are whining because they are used to a certain standard. A standard esl and 343 are choosing not to live up to due to sheer stubbornness. At this point it feels like a slap in the face and i dont blame people for being upset.

The standard of paying 300% more for marginally better swag? Hmmm I think it's time we take a look at our standards then...

Seriously, charging some 250 bucks for a sweater and a tour of a gaming center is highway robbery.

Paying $60 (15 extra bucks) for some bettee seats is not so bad. The inclusion of two useless swag items doesn't move the needle.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Really glad they're bringing back an open FFA. I wonder if the pros will be allowed to compete in it. I really hope this event is successful. It's one of the biggest Halo events in a long time.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'd love to go but I might not be able to afford rent.

ho ho ho

My mother flew out tonight and I have to take her out to dinner

I'm gonna miss the last night of pro league

Mom pls

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm gonna miss the last night of pro league

Mom pls

I hear Rammy makes for a good sub. 

• Upvote (+1) 5