CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Another reason T2 > Strongside...

...Strongside likes his steaks medium well  :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's hard being forced to watch such a bad optic team. Naded "retiring" and taking away optics only roster change really fucked them over with a team that doesnt work with apg. I hope they change the roster lock rules next season because I feel like we'd see much more competitive teams. I feel like thats why we've seen some good am teams because they can change their roster so much until they find something that works. 

EG is alive. If Liquid beat Renegades and EG beat CLG.

So literally a miracle, but technically alive.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel its more likely Liquid beats RNG than EG beating CLG. RNG might be a tad tilted from tonight and Liquid was playing well today and all week. EG beating CLG will be a rough road, but a 3-1 isn't impossible. E6 did it. Snip3down is playing out of his mind past few weeks and RoyBox woke up tonight with a big performance. 

No, he doesn't. Strongside is and always has been an analyst. It seems like they forced him into a Play by Play role this year and he doesn't fit. Know what fixes that?

Tri-cast. Elamite pbp with SS and T2 chiming in with their expertise.

lmao he's "always been an analyst" in his whole 6 month old casting career?

He's a good guy and all but his casting is just really bad. You can like someone and still say they're bad at something.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Is there any way i can get a replacement elite controller? the left bumper is falling apart

Check the broken elite controller thread man.

No, he doesn't. Strongside is and always has been an analyst.  It seems like they forced him into a Play by Play role this year and he doesn't fit. Know what fixes that?

Tri-cast. Elamite pbp with SS and T2 chiming in with their expertise.

rmdSx.gif

I still writhe in pain when people call Strongside an analyst. When given a PR script (Halo 5: Live) or a relaxed environment (HCS Listen-In) he performs pretty well, and from interviews/conversations on the podcast he seems like a really awesome guy but I've had the same critiques for his commentary since H2A and nothing has changed. He is not an analyst, nor his he particularly stellar at PBP. He has good moments, but they are far too inconsistent.

And as for the second underline, I refuse to settle for average when it comes to casting. We have one of the richest Halo's with a ton of depth at our feet and we are placing mediocre analysts (old pro players) on the desk to throw nostalgia at the stream and hope the viewership sticks. It's laughable when Halo has the potential to be a much more intricate eSport and just throws the opportunity away. Elamite looked amazing compared to the X Games talent pool and rode a lot of momentum from there, but its clear that he doesn't even play Halo 5 (I'm pretty sure he's said this publicly at some point), and his "analysis" is really broad.

T2 was able to chip away at this commentary crisis and is by far the best overall caster available, but still wasn't stellar when compared to other eSports or the potential level of depth that the HCS could reach.

lmao he's "always been an analyst" in his whole 6 month old casting career?

He's a good guy and all but his casting is just really bad. You can like someone and still say they're bad at something.

He's been casting since H2A (maybe even before at a Gamers for Giving event for H4?). It's been over a year and he's still making the same mistakes he did in the beginning.

Being a Pro Player =/= being an analyst =/= being a good caster

---

TL;DR: Please put HaloFollower on the HCS stream to analyze more Campaign lore. Thanks.

• Upvote (+1) 1

rmdSx.gif

I still writhe in pain when people call Strongside an analyst. When given a PR script (Halo 5: Live) or a relaxed environment (HCS Listen-In) he performs pretty well, and from interviews/conversations on the podcast he seems like a really awesome guy but I've had the same critiques for his commentary since H2A and nothing has changed. He is not an analyst, nor his he particularly stellar at PBP. He has good moments, but they are far too inconsistent.

And as for the second underline, I refuse to settle for average when it comes to casting. We have one of the richest Halo's with a ton of depth at our feet and we are placing mediocre analysts (old pro players) on the desk to throw nostalgia at the stream and hope the viewership sticks. It's laughable when Halo has the potential to be a much more intricate eSport and just throws the opportunity away. Elamite looked amazing compared to the X Games talent pool and rode a lot of momentum from there, but its clear that he doesn't even play Halo 5 (I'm pretty sure he's said this publicly at some point), and his "analysis" is really broad.

T2 was able to chip away at this commentary crisis and is by far the best overall caster available, but still wasn't stellar when compared to other eSports or the potential level of depth that the HCS could reach.

He's been casting since H2A (maybe even before at a Gamers for Giving event for H4?). It's been over a year and he's still making the same mistakes he did in the beginning.

Being a Pro Player =/= being an analyst =/= being a good caster

---

TL;DR: Please put HaloFollower on the HCS stream to analyze more Campaign lore. Thanks.

Fuck Halo Follower and their clickbait tittles 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Check the broken elite controller thread man.

chatted with them, and even though i bought it in march, they said my warranty expired, and there's nothing they can do. i left a nasty comment in the chat, and then they called me on my phone, and said more nonsense. Asked me if i wanted a reference number regarding the issue - i said "what will i do that? :holmes: " and then she hung up on me :D

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

On top of that, they're down in map differential, so they basically need to 3-0 CLG while RNG gets 3-0d by TL.

chatted with them, and even though i bought it in march, they said my warranty expired, and there's nothing they can do. i left a nasty comment in the chat, and then they called me on my phone, and said more nonsense. Asked me if i wanted a reference number regarding the issue - i said "what will i do that? :holmes: " and then she hung up on me :D

That's why I doubt in buying a Scuf or Elite controller, so much money for like a few things it actually makes a difference in the game.

Is there any way i can get a replacement elite controller? the left bumper is falling apart

I just emailed battle beaver customs support yesterday. I was told to email them back on Friday, as they were planning on getting Elite parts in. They don't list the Elite bumpers on their website, so emailing them seems like your option.

I'm fairly certain the Elite controller was a $90 fee for some paddles.

Another complaint I have with the Elites; "build quality" =/= making the thing unnecessarily difficult to take apart. The screws were much more difficult to loosen than normal controllers. The side panels that are taken off to access the screws had a pad of adhesive attached, as if the thing would fall apart without it. On top of that, their weird bumper designs which are difficult to find, and more difficult to replace.