CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Lets be real, they passed that last qualifying tournament to get into pro league because of a HERCULEAN effort from Naded. He did A LOT of the heavy lifting. I don't want to put the blame on a single player either but aPG on OpTic has been a disaster. I didn't pay much attention to him on Liquid but I'm sure he wasn't playing this bad. They just seem like a MM team sometimes with all 4 players on different quads of the map not supporting each other. 

I do think Naded was a big reason they made it that day but its hard to say if their record would really be any different right now had he remained. Really I don't even think this OpTic would exist if it weren't for roster locks. Same with Liquid and ALG though. Seems like the roster locks are just prolonging teams that just aren't working where in years past they'd have already changed multiple times and the 7th/8th slots would maybe be a bit more competitive. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I do think Naded was a big reason they made it that day but its hard to say if their record would really be any different right now had he remained. Really I don't even think this OpTic would exist if it weren't for roster locks. Same with Liquid and ALG though. Seems like the roster locks are just prolonging teams that just aren't working where in years past they'd have already changed multiple times and the 7th/8th slots would maybe be a bit more competitive. 

To be fair, Team Liquid have been stepping up the past few days.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I could see snipe retaining the EG org and building a new team

If RoyBox retire, and I mean that if, I think this is most likely. They have that fresh sponsorship deal with Xfinity as well. Id be surprised if he chose to drop all the deals he has to join another org rather than simply picking up a few players into the nice situation they already have.

To be fair, Team Liquid have been stepping up the past few days.

And ALG made the most of the transfer period and have been play much better since. Limits on roster fluctuation is only a good thing I think.

If RoyBox retire, and I mean that if, I think this is most likely. They have that fresh sponsorship deal with Xfinity as well. Id be surprised if he chose to drop all the deals he has to join another org rather than simply picking up a few players into the nice situation they already have.

This. Him and Towey have too much invested into the EG brand. It'd be surprising to see them drop it all and move to another org. If he does go that route and rebuilds the team it'd be interesting to see which players he picks up. 

RoyBox retire

OpTic Halo S2 = Ace, Maniac, Snipedown, Suspector + Coach Towey.

Could be cool. Snipedown+Towey would be great to have with OpTic and would surely help 'professionalize' the Halo team. Towey has some connections with them as well to my knowledge, due to being from Chicago.

If Snip3 and suspector go to Optic with towey they better practice.  I feel like optics biggest downfalls have come from not practicing at important times then not getting quality practice when its needed, they have been stepping it up lately for sure but if you hear the comms during scrims apg is constantly pissed, maniac tries to stay calm and give quality input and people get defensive.  The whole team seems to be on edge, like they defend their mistakes mid game sometimes because they know someone is going to call it out or something.  I've been on teams where everyone starts getting defensive and start calling eachother out mid game or feel the need to defend mistakes instead of just communicating and i felt like every day we got on we got worse.

maniac and ace are pretty good players and they could do pretty well given the right circumstances, same with str8 sick, but they've had a lot going against them this season with team changes and just an immense amount of pressure put on them, its effecting their practice i feel like.  At least in my opinion it seems like their practice is very stressful, i'm not on the team so i can't say for sure.

If Snip3 and suspector go to Optic with towey they better practice.  I feel like optics biggest downfalls have come from not practicing at important times then not getting quality practice when its needed, they have been stepping it up lately for sure but if you hear the comms during scrims apg is constantly pissed, maniac tries to stay calm and give quality input and people get defensive.  The whole team seems to be on edge, like they defend their mistakes mid game sometimes because they know someone is going to call it out or something.  I've been on teams where everyone starts getting defensive and start calling eachother out mid game or feel the need to defend mistakes instead of just communicating and i felt like every day we got on we got worse.

maniac and ace are pretty good players and they could do pretty well given the right circumstances, same with str8 sick, but they've had a lot going against them this season with team changes and just an immense amount of pressure put on them, its effecting their practice i feel like.  At least in my opinion it seems like their practice is very stressful, i'm not on the team so i can't say for sure.

Yeah, I'm sure they are all pissed. Wouldn't you be if you were at the bottom of the pro league? Maniac tweeted that it was a buzzkill knowing they had nothing to play for anymore. I'm sure they're all deflated. But Hecz will straighten them out  :intensifies:

This. Him and Towey have too much invested into the EG brand. It'd be surprising to see them drop it all and move to another org. If he does go that route and rebuilds the team it'd be interesting to see which players he picks up. 

Right, Snipedown alone is a big enough name in Halo that its worth it for EG to retain a Halo team as long as he is there.  I still think we are getting a little ahead of ourselves, but with the twins apprenticeships and family's and whatnot, i don't see them being able to put in the time to compete for the top spot.  I think they would be able to stay out of relegation, but would they be happy with that?

I hope they are grinding on alts and will surprise everybody this week, but idk....

Optic might be a bigger console fps brand, but EG was the first big NA brand. I really doubt Snipedown and Towey would give it up to join a team that has that kind of dysfunction. IF Roy and Lunch retire then Snipedown and Suspector are almost definitely staying put. I could see Snipedown possibly leaving if they don't. It would be tough to see, but I don't think anyone would say he doesn't 'deserve' to play on a top team.

Does anyone know what happens if a pro-seed gets abandoned, anyway? The top am gets it?

What was up with that post on here that said someone was scrimming some other pro team as a "secret squad" on smurf or alt account? Did we ever figure out who that was?

:snip:

I think everybody on that team is individually a good player including aPG.  I think people have been bashing him too much and need to relax.  This is me being an armchair psychologist but you can't be in a good headspace after being forced to leave a team that you thought had potential because of a concussion, then thrust onto a team in turmoil that wasn't practicing, Then finally start practicing but know you are really just trying to avoid being relegated.  

Everybody on that team is frustrated right now, and APG has more reason than the rest of them to be.  I think a little context goes a long way here.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Didn't Cratos basically get that sponsorship though?

Yeah, but lots of people (me included) don't like Cratos so him getting replaced by a better player would make a lot of people happy.  I dont want this specific replacement to happen because i want snipedown to be on EG.

i think e6 thinks they can be the best in the game

i'd be surprised if they broke up

Its all about whether they think they can be even better.

I get what you're saying, and while I think they're a very good team, they can only improve by adding a player like Snipedown and another to their roster.

Then again, they have some good chemistry. CLG for example though, is the 4 best players in the game and they MADE their chemistry. Something Bubu and Huke could do adding 2 even better players to their roster. 

Of course, I hope Snipedown stays and EG sticks together so they can prove the haters wrong, but from the looks of the "not scrimming anymore" bullshit sounds like EG is dead.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Cratos has to stay on E6. Weird as it sounds he is the pillar of the team. They have great chemistry and there is no need to move on.

CLG with Ogre 2 seemed to have good chemistry, but they have everything to gain by adding an even better player. 

Imagine E6 with Huke, Bubu, Snipedown and Stellur/Suspector/Commonly?

• Upvote (+1) 1

CLG with Ogre 2 seemed to have good chemistry, but they have everything to gain by adding an even better player.

Cratos isn't that bad of a player. E6 already has a sniper in Huke and obj player/railgun god in bubu. What would snip3down bring that they need?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Imagine E6 with Huke, Bubu, Snipedown and Stellur, Suspector, or Commonly?

Huke, Bubu to EG alongside Snipe and Suspector. 

I know that would give you an orgasm Vin  :kappa:

Keep in mind, none of what I'm saying means cratos isn't a good player.

Like I also said, they have great chemistry. They're easily one of the closest teams to CLG in terms of teamwork. Its second nature to them.

What I AM trying to say is, look at CLGs strategy:

Take the 4 best players in the game and put them on one team.

Look how that worked out?

• Downvote (-1) 1

Imagine E6 with Huke, Bubu, Snipedown and Stellur/Suspector/Commonly?

I think thats true, but i also think that E6 hasn't been "the second best team" long enough or consistently enough for that to be a good idea. They also wouldnt be able to steal a player from the best team either, like CLG did.

When CLG replaced 2gre with Lethul they had been living as the second best team for a while and needed to do something to put them over the top.  They were able to 1) get a player that fit better and 2) hurt the best team at the same time.  A dirty but brilliant move (and i mean both of those as a compliment).  E6 is not in the same position to pull a move like that off, so i think its better they stick with what they have.