CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Soooo, is EG looking to lose to Optic since they're officially done scrimming forever?

Soooo, is EG looking to lose to Optic since they're officially done scrimming forever?

Well Liquid is destroying OG right now in scrims so... who knows? 

Well Liquid is destroying OG right now in scrims so... who knows? 

there main issue all season was lack of practice in comparison to other teams

they could totally fuck this up

Pistola, Legit, Str8 Sick and Naded are the FFA gods. They should all do it. I bet Rammy, Heinz, Cntra, Frosty, APG, Arkanum and many more will be competing for that top spot too. Id love to see how Snakebite would do as well, seeing how I think he's the current best all around player.

I'd like to see Karma show up and win every match.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

HCS teams

HCS seedings

HCS discussions.

The rules that make up the HCS very much falls into that.

I'm assuming the mods decided well after the creation of this thread that they would start to redirect settings discussions due to the fact that most people in this thread cannot have a civilised discussion that involves an opinion they do not share.

Which is a shame.

I think most people share your opinion, though, regarding the current settings effect on competitive play... The mods redirected it because it has become tired, circular, and distracting here, where folks would rather talk about matches.

All of the remaining difference in opinion seems to be around whether or not universal settings help the community at large... Which is a topic that reaches beyond the scope of HCS.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'd like to see Karma show up and win every match.

How crazy would that be? Karma just shows up outta nowhere, takes 1st place, then goes back into obscurity like nothing.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Watching MLG Dallas 2010 and I'd forgotten how good Ola used to be...honestly reminded of Huke and bubu. Formal too.

Any chance we'll be getting more NV streams soon because of the "team house" @@Mikwen?

i think if optic dropped apg for stellur or something (not saying stellur wants to leave liquid or anything just a random player who is performing well on an under performing team that may be looking for other options) they would at least improve.  I think putting the blame on maniac is a little bit ridiculous, imo he's the best on that team, either him or ace.  Str8 sick also brings a certain skill set to the team that makes him valuable.  I like apg but he seems to be pretty negative during scrims and is under performing.

Imagine if snip3down went to optic.  his team is under performing.  just a thought, i have no reason to think he would do this but i think optic has potential to do significantly better than they are doing

RoyBox retire

OpTic Halo S2 = Ace, Maniac, Snipedown, Suspector + Coach Towey.

Could be cool. Snipedown+Towey would be great to have with OpTic and would surely help 'professionalize' the Halo team. Towey has some connections with them as well to my knowledge, due to being from Chicago.

i dont think many people know aces name is ace cuz his name is aaron cameron elam. 

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Seems like nV is starting to get more consistent with scrim performance and beating the team they lost to in the pro league last week this is good progress.   :simms:

Aaron Connor Elam, and a lot of people still don't know Elamite and I are brothers

it's because you guys look nothing alike

Please, catch up.

The hidden pun is the deadliest.

• Upvote (+1) 2

RoyBox retire

OpTic Halo S2 = Ace, Maniac, Snipedown, Suspector + Coach Towey.

Could be cool. Snipedown+Towey would be great to have with OpTic and would surely help 'professionalize' the Halo team. Towey has some connections with them as well to my knowledge, due to being from Chicago.

EG would probably depart from the Halo scene if that were to happen.

Focus your efforts on improving the default settings instead of isolating us from the rest of Halo players, and you get the best of both worlds. Instead of trying to get ARs removed from competitive settings, try to get the pistol buffed or the AR made more difficult to use effectively. How about allowing thruster to break melee lunge so that trying to auto-beatdown or spartan charge someone can be punished by someone who was smart enough to save their thrust?

There are almost always solutions that don't entail the wholesale removal of huge chunks of the sandbox. Why make the game un-recognizable to the casual viewers that we want to develop an interest in the game when the are other ways to achieve the same goal.

On-Topic: Playing against NV + Snipedown all night last night was eye-opening (And at times, brutal). I've been underrating Snipedown a bit this season.

Changing weapon mechanics and movement mechanics are far bigger changes than removing AR starts. Casual halo playlists have always had varied weapon starts: ar and pistol, br and pistol, br and ar, sniper and shotgun, etc. I don't think simply removing ars will make arena unrecognizable to causal players when they're switching between slayer, btb, swat, and snipers.

I don't think it would be right to say anyone is the problem on Optic in particular. Its not like they're the fucking worst players either. They did make it into pro league. I think anyone on that team could be on a better team but a lot of somethings are going wrong for them as a team and not just individuals

Lets be real, they passed that last qualifying tournament to get into pro league because of a HERCULEAN effort from Naded. He did A LOT of the heavy lifting. I don't want to put the blame on a single player either but aPG on OpTic has been a disaster. I didn't pay much attention to him on Liquid but I'm sure he wasn't playing this bad. They just seem like a MM team sometimes with all 4 players on different quads of the map not supporting each other.