CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I said talent. They're horribly inconsistent and have poor team comms and strats, but at they're best they've shown to be potentially top players.

imo

• Upvote (+1) 2

Completely off topic/irrelevant, but I'm watching Vision now and is Maniac legitimately 27 or is that just a running joke?

"Doesn't deserve to be in Onyx" "Should be in Silver" - Ninja when referring  to me..... RIP....  :salt:  :mj:

you're about an onyx 1600-1800 easily

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just realised t2's name is t2 because his first and last name begin with T. Man.

That's ok. We won't judge you too hxrshly. 

• Upvote (+1) 9

I just realised t2's name is t2 because his first and last name begin with T. Man.

its ok, i didnt realize chick fil a's logo was a chicken till a month ago.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I said talent. They're horribly inconsistent and have poor team comms and strats, but at they're best they've shown to be potentially top players.

imo

The way you're looking at this is really strange to me. Maniac plays very poorly the majority of the time, but because there are times that he does play well, it means that he's actually very talented but inconsistent?

Every player plays well at some point, no matter how bad they are. Sometimes the stars just align in that game for that player.

And all this stuff about his sleep schedule being the reason for his performance...what? He has a classic gamer's sleep schedule that probably every pro has had at one or more points in their professional careers I'm sure. He's just not good at Halo 5. There's not much else to it.

• Upvote (+1) 4

The way you're looking at this is really strange to me. Maniac plays very poorly the majority of the time, but because there are times that he does play well, it means that he's actually very talented but inconsistent?

Every player plays well at some point, no matter how bad they are. Sometimes the stars just align in that game for that player.

And all this stuff about his sleep schedule being the reason for his performance...what? He has a classic gamer's sleep schedule that probably every pro has had at one or more points in their professional careers I'm sure. He's just not good at Halo 5. There's not much else to it.

I really don't think people need to look any deeper than this. Well said, Jake.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You think the word "discussions" invites you to talk about anything? Despite the fact that there are specifics qualifiers preceding it? Despite the fact that the topic you actually want to discuss has its own thread? Despite the fact that the mods have repeatedly directed you to the more appropriate thread?

"Some people just want to watch the world burn" i guess. Perhaps we should be free discuss Batman movies now... I mean the thread title does have the word discussion in it, and you appear to be the hero Halo needs right now.

Sure It is safe to assume that any default arena mechanic would be in Team Arena. the question is, why would you assume that if Promethean vision was in THIS game, it would be in Arena, and not relegated to Warzone like the existing Armor Mods?

If you want to attribute this comment to philosophy, let's not for get about the philosophy of having everyone start on even ground in Arena. There's no way including Promethean vision in this game would result in it as a default Spartan ability.

HCS teams

HCS seedings

HCS discussions.

The rules that make up the HCS very much falls into that.

I'm assuming the mods decided well after the creation of this thread that they would start to redirect settings discussions due to the fact that most people in this thread cannot have a civilised discussion that involves an opinion they do not share.

Which is a shame.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 7

i think if optic dropped apg for stellur or something (not saying stellur wants to leave liquid or anything just a random player who is performing well on an under performing team that may be looking for other options) they would at least improve.  I think putting the blame on maniac is a little bit ridiculous, imo he's the best on that team, either him or ace.  Str8 sick also brings a certain skill set to the team that makes him valuable.  I like apg but he seems to be pretty negative during scrims and is under performing.

Imagine if snip3down went to optic.  his team is under performing.  just a thought, i have no reason to think he would do this but i think optic has potential to do significantly better than they are doing

I don't think it would be right to say anyone is the problem on Optic in particular. Its not like they're the fucking worst players either. They did make it into pro league. I think anyone on that team could be on a better team but a lot of somethings are going wrong for them as a team and not just individuals

• Upvote (+1) 3

its okay, most people didnt know walshys name is walshy cuz his last name is walsh. also, i dont think many people know aces name is ace cuz his name is aaron cameron elam. lastly i dont think people realized elamites last name is elam

on the topic of tom taylor - i think every halo fan should name their first born son thomas (or john)

btw: everyone who says maniac is bad doesn't know how to play halo

• Upvote (+1) 7

Looks like the Renegades CS:GO team is signing to a new org soon (according to hltv).

Seems pretty likely that the Halo guys will be going somewhere else sooner rather than later.

• Upvote (+1) 1

And all this stuff about his sleep schedule being the reason for his performance...what? He has a classic gamer's sleep schedule that probably every pro has had at one or more points in their professional careers I'm sure. He's just not good at Halo 5. There's not much else to it.

Consider it this way. At the moment he's like Fernando Torres at Chelsea, he needs to join a team akin to Atletico Madrid to really shine.

I don't think it would be right to say anyone is the problem on Optic in particular. Its not like they're the fucking worst players either. They did make it into pro league. I think anyone on that team could be on a better team but a lot of somethings are going wrong for them as a team and not just individuals

crazy to think how many people don't get this, same goes for liquid. Success in halo 5 is much more dependent on teamwork and chemistry

What do you guys think is going to happen with EG after this season?

Probably Roy and Lunchbox are gonna retire and Snipedown/Towey will build a new EG with/without Suspector.

remember when being good at halo meant you could smack all of your friends/classmates/neighborhood

• Upvote (+1) 1

its okay, most people didnt know walshys name is walshy cuz his last name is walsh. also, i dont think many people know aces name is ace cuz his name is aaron cameron elam. lastly i dont think people realized elamites last name is elam

on the topic of tom taylor - i think every halo fan should name their first born son thomas (or john)

btw: everyone who says maniac is bad doesn't know how to play halo

I thought it was Aaron Connor Elam?

Also, Tsquared is such a perfect gamertag. Remember when I first got into Halo I loved it. Wish I was half as creative as some of the pros.

• Upvote (+1) 2