CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Do you want an open LAN bad enough to drive to St. Louis?

As an Iowan, I'd kill for either :)

Link to the Halo part of Vision - https://youtu.be/NQFb3LrGpwU?t=6m43s

Hecz pretty much tells Maniac to get back on the YouTube grind and to workout more 

You've got to give it to Hecz for communicating to his players frequently and just doing a great job for looking after his team. What's concerning is that Nick says that Halo 5 has not been going well for him and every team they've had has "not been good." Hecz knows that he can acquire a Halo squad that can dominate but the problem is that none of the other pros upload content to youtube consistently, the way Maniac does. Hecz definitely has a big decision to make on Optic Halo as far as the future is concerned 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Sorry guys I'll get back on topic.

Which pro uses the AR the most? I heard somebody say that Spartan did

Penguin

• Upvote (+1) 7

Goddamn y'all. I got home this evening after a long-ass temporary commute to work which has me leaving home at 4am and getting back at 6pm. I thought "hey, I can really unwind by reading my favorite fucking forum."

NOPE

NOPE

NOPE

I think everyone arguing and crying at each other about the same consistent bullshit is forgetting that most of the people who want you to quit starting petty fights AGREE WITH YOU. We're just aware that nothing is changing, so we'd prefer to talk about something else........ something enjoyable.

Dank Memes? Off-topic, but they give me tingles and jingles in my special place.

Settings talk? I want to scream "Ug Ug Ug Ug Ug" in rhythm with my head bashing against a wall. It makes me want to have Steve Buscemi hold me down while the Incredible Hulk non-consents me something fierce.

It's not that deep or difficult to understand. Now, I'm going to go Kumbaya the fuck out and then promptly fall asleep

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hecz pretty much tells Maniac to get back on the YouTube grind and to workout more 

Feel really bad for OpTic Halo but HECZ is going to have a tough decision to make if he wants to succeed in Halo.

I want to believe this is real, but from the Maniac Q&A he said the Vision stuff with Hecz was theater. 

DO love when Hecz says to Flame, "Do you even show up?" 

Rekt.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I want to believe this is real, but from the Maniac Q&A he said the Vision stuff with Hecz was theater. 

DO love when Hecz says to Flame, "Do you even show up?" 

Rekt.

Serious question, is Flamesword really doing anything as coach? I mean I hear about Clutch, Towey, and ELumnite making real impacts on their respective teams, but I hear nothing about Flamesword. Also think they need somebody other than aPG.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Serious question, is Flamesword really doing anything as coach? I mean I hear about Clutch, Towey, and ELumnite making real impacts on their respective teams, but I hear nothing about Flamesword. Also think they need somebody other than aPG.

From what I can gather? No. Which is sad. 

Everything Hecz is saying is correct. The Optic Halo team spends too much time grinding and not enough time on directed improvement.

Nick specifically has a fucked up sleeping pattern and stressing out over Halo is absolutely not the right thing to do. He needs to get his head right and spend some more time sleeping, more time looking over theatre, and more time practicing strats and jumps in custom games maybe. IMO Nick and Aaron are close to the two most talented players in the Pro League, but they're not heading in the right direction at all.

It might not seem like it, but regularly going to the gym and working on youtube content are so good for just your general wellbeing. I might not be obvious, but I'm sure each player on CLG has a lot of their personal life sorted in a way that helps their Halo gaming instead of hindering it.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Everything Hecz is saying is correct. The Optic Halo team spends too much time grinding and not enough time on directed improvement.

Nick specifically has a fucked up sleeping pattern and stressing out over Halo is absolutely not the right thing to do. He needs to get his head right and spend some more time sleeping, more time looking over theatre, and more time practicing strats and jumps in custom games maybe. IMO Nick and Aaron are close to the two most talented players in the Pro League, but they're not heading in the right direction at all.

I Agree to a certain extent.. Str8 Sick has been destroying in Scrims and Pro League games for these guys and He's shown that he can dominate a game. Every player on any team cannot over exert themselves or they'll notice a decline in some aspects of their gameplay which is why it's good to be on a good sleeping schedule rather than waking up at 4PM which is not healthy and causes stress.. 

So please everyone in the Community please get some good sleep tonight and if you're sleep schedule is a bit messed up, try to fix it as much as possible to cause less stress for yourself..

And play PokemonGO in the morning. :) 

Flamesword and Maniac have both said (during the duration of Halo 5) that a Halo coach doesn't really do much other than timing power-ups. I don't think they've realized that the Halo community and teams have evolved and the coaches are now playing much larger roles.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It might not seem like it, but regularly going to the gym and working on youtube content are so good for just your general wellbeing. I might not be obvious, but I'm sure each player on CLG has a lot of their personal life sorted in a way that helps their Halo gaming instead of hindering it.

Agreed with just about all this, except the underlined statement above. Not sure how you can possibly objectively think Maniac is one of the most talented players in the Pro League.

And I say this as a Maniac fan who really wants him, and the team to succeed. I have subbed to his Twitch before, and watch all of his YouTube videos.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@MaNiaC has proven mutliple times that he can be a fantastic player. @@Ace has also proven this.

It feels like they want to be where the CoD OpTic team is in terms of lifestyle but they want to skip the part where they win tournaments by getting better. We've seen all those players play fantastic in Halo 5, they're attitudes and work ethic is just appalling. 

I have no idea how they have such fucked up sleep cycles. I got to bed at 9 and wake at 5:30am every day and it feels fantastic, they have the same sleep cycle I did when I was severely depressed and it's concerning.

@@MaNiaC has proven mutliple times that he can be a fantastic player. @@Ace has also proven this.

It feels like they want to be where the CoD OpTic team is in terms of lifestyle but they want to skip the part where they win tournaments by getting better. We've seen all those players play fantastic in Halo 5, they're attitudes and work ethic is just appalling.

I have no idea how they have such fucked up sleep cycles. I got to bed at 9 and wake at 5:30am every day and it feels fantastic, they have the same sleep cycle I did when I was severely depressed and it's concerning.

Maniac hasn't proved that he is even close to top 10 in this game. Saying he's a top talent right now just doesn't make sense. He has dropped some atrocious numbers. Now could be be a top player? Maybe, but it's all speculation.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Maniac hasn't proved that he is even close to top 10 in this game. Saying he's a top talent right now just doesn't make sense. He has dropped some atrocious numbers. Now could be be a top player? Maybe, but it's all speculation.

I'm not saying he's a "top" player, but I've seen him improve in a short period of time to a Top-4 team level and then slump again. I have no idea if he's a top 1-2 team player because I don't think he's maximizing his -or his team's- potential. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This, Ace has been great in H5, Maniac on the other hand is probably one of the worst of the 32 pro players, str8 sick is good and APG is terrible I don't know what if its the concussion but he is playing awful.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Spartan and Stellur have been really impressing me as of late with all of their scrims they've been having lately.

• Upvote (+1) 1