CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Cool I never knew psychics actually existed :)

they've said it numerous times, they have no interest in Halo

"HCS teams, seeds, and DISCUSSION"

If there were a thread titled "NFL teams, seeds and discussions" I would assume topics such as PI rules and PAT changes would be OK in there seeing as it is an nfl discussion thread and the rules of the nfl are a fairly important aspect of that.

You think the word "discussions" invites you to talk about anything? Despite the fact that there are specifics qualifiers preceding it? Despite the fact that the topic you actually want to discuss has its own thread? Despite the fact that the mods have repeatedly directed you to the more appropriate thread?

"Some people just want to watch the world burn" i guess. Perhaps we should be free discuss Batman movies now... I mean the thread title does have the word discussion in it, and you appear to be the hero Halo needs right now.

Because the new philosophy of the competitive settings is to be as close to the default settings as possible rather than the previous philosophy of trying to optimize the settings based on competitive merit. If Promethean Vision were part of the default settings in something like team slayer I would have to assume that it would be part of the competitive playlist and I would also have to assume that many people here would be telling us to not complain about it or to get over it.

Sure It is safe to assume that any default arena mechanic would be in Team Arena. the question is, why would you assume that if Promethean vision was in THIS game, it would be in Arena, and not relegated to Warzone like the existing Armor Mods?

If you want to attribute this comment to philosophy, let's not for get about the philosophy of having everyone start on even ground in Arena. There's no way including Promethean vision in this game would result in it as a default Spartan ability.

• Upvote (+1) 1

they've said it numerous times, they have no interest in Halo

May I have a source please? It interests me as they have a Halo player in their Org.

May I have a source please? It interests me as they have a Halo player in their Org.

Yeah, the source is the Halo player in their org lmao.

we need mikwen, ninja, and spartan on a team. Maybe throw some hysteria or danoxide into the mix.

I'm sorry but that has to be one of the worst team compositions I have ever seen lol. Especially with Hysteria and Ninja, let alone adding Spartan to that mix. Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Yea Kampy even said he'd leave FaZe if he found the right team. No chance man. He is a content creator for them. 

Because the new philosophy of the competitive settings is to be as close to the default settings as possible rather than the previous philosophy of trying to optimize the settings based on competitive merit. If Promethean Vision were part of the default settings in something like team slayer I would have to assume that it would be part of the competitive playlist and I would also have to assume that many people here would be telling us to not complain about it or to get over it.

Focus your efforts on improving the default settings instead of isolating us from the rest of Halo players, and you get the best of both worlds. Instead of trying to get ARs removed from competitive settings, try to get the pistol buffed or the AR made more difficult to use effectively. How about allowing thruster to break melee lunge so that trying to auto-beatdown or spartan charge someone can be punished by someone who was smart enough to save their thrust?

There are almost always solutions that don't entail the wholesale removal of huge chunks of the sandbox. Why make the game un-recognizable to the casual viewers that we want to develop an interest in the game when the are other ways to achieve the same goal.

On-Topic: Playing against NV + Snipedown all night last night was eye-opening (And at times, brutal). I've been underrating Snipedown a bit this season.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yeah, the source is the Halo player in their org lmao.

So he said himself that FaZe are not interested in a Halo Team?

Yea Kampy even said he'd leave FaZe if he found the right team. No chance man. He is a content creator for them.

I wasnt suggesting he would be a pro player on their org. I know he's a content creator.

I wasnt suggesting he would be a pro player on their org. I know he's a content creator.

I wasn't insinuating that either. I was saying it to reinforce the fact that FaZe won't get a Halo team even with a Halo player on the org.

Well I get kicked out of the lobby before the game starts and then the guy starts it. Shout out to BigPappaTC. @@CyReN

I wasn't insinuating that either. I was saying it to reinforce the fact that FaZe won't get a Halo team even with a Halo player on the org.

Fair enough

Just finished my round 1. Was a stacked round 1 match up. One of the most fun and intense ffas I have played

Finally got to the end of the thread, been out of the country for a week working CS. I've missed you boys, catching up on all the NA action, holy shit finals are gunna be lit!

• Upvote (+1) 6

As always, any feedback would be greatly appreciated.  :intensifies:

You should make these more often  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Admins: please take a look at Kampy's match. Someone in the lobby is inviting their friends in and ruining the match for everyone else.

Going into the 4th replay now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Finally got to the end of the thread, been out of the country for a week working CS. I've missed you boys, catching up on all the NA action, holy shit finals are gunna be lit!

But we are still Diamond 3 :apg:

I just want an open lan in chicago. Theres a ton of halo players here

MLG Chicago 2017 please.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just want an open lan in chicago. Theres a ton of halo players here

Do you want an open LAN bad enough to drive to St. Louis?