CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

If anyone needs a spot for the FFA, first person to quote this can have the spot, had some things come up/haven't slept yet. 

@@CyReN if you see it before me, you can just remove me and add whoever wants to join 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

By no one I take it you mean the 20 people in this thread that represent the tiny left over, vocal minority of the competitive Halo community that haven`t left the franchise due to the gameplay radically changing for the worse

Man, your bed must only have 1 side to it, that's for sure.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Yeah sprint is staying in Halo for the forseeable future. Dunno why people are wasting their time on that. You can't just go back and spend millions to make new maps that can work without sprint. Arguments can be made for H6, whatever. 

The REAL argument we can make is that radar and autos are shitty and should be removed from competitive. Now, I doubt 343 listens, I think they genuinely feel that if you just put up a million+ dollars a year that you can grow an esports scene artificially. And yes, it will probably be repetitive and maybe boring, but I'd honestly prefer the occasional settings discussion to pop up in this thread if it means it stays in the back of our minds and of 343's, assuming they come here often. The alternative is settling for a slightly above average FPS and hoping people still feel like playing competitively after getting mowed down by a storm rifle from a third of the way across the map for the thousandth time.

Plus, let's be real, the day we stop talking about these issues plaguing competitive settings is the day 343 says we're okay with it. See breakout. 

He got dropped for Snipedown.

:kappa:

To be clear, despite my opinions on the mechanic, I'm not really advocating for the removal of sprint from Halo 5. It's too late for that at this point. The maps and the meta are built around it. The point is that there is no reason for it to continue in H6 and there are plenty of ways to accomplish that. I do think that, as with anything, if we stop identifying it as a problem, 343 has no reason to view it as such in the future as they develop the next game. I can understand the notion that it's pointless to talk about it in this thread. I harbor no delusions that H5 competitive settings will ever have sprint toggled off.

Those other two problems, on the other hand, I would find it hard to believe that anyone honestly thinks Pro League is MORE fun to watch as a result of motion tracker and automatic weapon abuse. And that's an important issue, with HCS's Twitch viewership seemingly plateaued at "meh." Watching a top level player fly into a CQC fight or crouch around a corner with their trusty storm rifle is not what I would call the height of spectator excitement, but maybe I'm just out of touch. That weapon balance does nothing good for Halo 5 as a competitive game or a spectator sport. It exists to make casual players feel better about their preference for bullet hose weapons.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Colors are pretty but you really can't make out the logo proper. 

I really don´t know what I am doing. Just doing it for fun. :)

Y9jiSyQ.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 5

If anyone needs a spot for the FFA, first person to quote this can have the spot, had some things come up/haven't slept yet. 

@@CyReN if you see it before me, you can just remove me and add whoever wants to join 

suh dude

• Upvote (+1) 1

A better analogy would be going to an NFL forum, going into the "Teams, Seeds, and discussion thread", and talking about rules... Despite the fact that there exists a thread specifically FOR rules.

Everyone slips up and gets off topic from time to time. But those matters are generally tangentially related to pro league, and aren't matters that have their own thread.

That said, why hasn't there been any more discussion on that UGC teaser? Maybe I'm jumping the gun, Sounds like it could be the type of event we've been waiting for.

"HCS teams, seeds, and DISCUSSION"

If there were a thread titled "NFL teams, seeds and discussions" I would assume topics such as PI rules and PAT changes would be OK in there seeing as it is an nfl discussion thread and the rules of the nfl are a fairly important aspect of that.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Pistola, Legit, Str8 Sick and Naded are the FFA gods. They should all do it. I bet Rammy, Heinz, Cntra, Frosty, APG, Arkanum and many more will be competing for that top spot too. Id love to see how Snakebite would do as well, seeing how I think he's the current best all around player.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Have we confirmed that any proteams are planning on going?

Have we confirmed that any proteams are planning on going?

To 2050? None I don't think.

However I think they would go to UGC.

If someone can't play on the FFA tourney, please send me a message ASAP. I would like to have your spot :simms:

Yes, I'm a begger and a FFA tryhard.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think he's chilled a lot since the Mikwenja days. However if he does go hothead at any point he gets it from mamamikwen she's a fireball, I'm too chill.

we need mikwen, ninja, and spartan on a team. Maybe throw some hysteria or danoxide into the mix.

What are you basing this assumption on? They got rid of Promethean vision because it doesn't work in a balanced sandbox.

if they DID have Promethean vision in this game, it would likely be relegated to Warzone, along with all the other off the wall stuff.

Because the new philosophy of the competitive settings is to be as close to the default settings as possible rather than the previous philosophy of trying to optimize the settings based on competitive merit. If Promethean Vision were part of the default settings in something like team slayer I would have to assume that it would be part of the competitive playlist and I would also have to assume that many people here would be telling us to not complain about it or to get over it.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm assuming RNG will finish their existing contracts with non-LOL teams (probably through Pro League with Halo).

Yeah I think they will just sell their Halo spot to another team.. Allowing a new org into the pro league. Maybe TSM, FaZe, or another org.

Would be a good opportunity for FaZe, as RNG are a top Halo team.

@@CyReN

Yeah I think they will just sell their Halo spot to another team.. Allowing a new org into the pro league. Maybe TSM, FaZe, or another org.

Would be a good opportunity for FaZe, as RNG are a top Halo team.

FaZe doesn't and never will have any interest in Halo, unfortunately 

FaZe doesn't and never will have any interest in Halo, unfortunately 

Cool I never knew psychics actually existed :) 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Sorry guys I'll get back on topic.

Which pro uses the AR the most? I heard somebody say that Spartan did

Sorry guys I'll get back on topic.

Which pro uses the AR the most? I heard somebody say that Spartan did

LxthuL :lxthul: