CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

No one cares. 

By no one I take it you mean the 20 people in this thread that represent the tiny left over, vocal minority of the competitive Halo community that haven`t left the franchise due to the gameplay radically changing for the worse

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 13

WFnpFqb.png

I haven't seen this one before. Great touch, 343.

Holy shit, that's real?

We have not only lost this fight, we got slaughtered, we barely made a dent, we are waving the white flag in the air and are begging for mercy.

I cannot speak for everyone, but I have given up hope, would I prefer halo with no sprint? Yes! but at this point it is the not the be all and end all, there are much more pressing issues for me. You are literally just repeating arguments at this point, it is fucking annoying because it is pointless.

Yeah, at this point the only strategy that would cause 343 to actually listen is for the majority of the community to not give them money, whether it be not buying the games or req packs. Probably not going to happen. 

It seems so. Saw it on Twitter. Very nice, no?

Dopest thing ever.

• Upvote (+1) 2

due to the gameplay radically changing for the worse

Thats opinion. 

I believe gameplay is better.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Wow

You get tons of reports because you made it against the rules.

I just don't petsoannly get it and I feel as though every time a discussion about it is brought up you just bully people instead of talking about it.

Why did you guys decide that talking about the settings of HCS doesn't belong in the HCS thread? That's like going to nfl.com and being told talking about nfl rules is not allowed.

A better analogy would be going to an NFL forum, going into the "Teams, Seeds, and discussion thread", and talking about rules... Despite the fact that there exists a thread specifically FOR rules.

Everyone slips up and gets off topic from time to time. But those matters are generally tangentially related to pro league, and aren't matters that have their own thread.

That said, why hasn't there been any more discussion on that UGC teaser? Maybe I'm jumping the gun, Sounds like it could be the type of event we've been waiting for.

• Upvote (+1) 6

This is beautiful.

Whoever is making those, he cares. This together with "Lethal hurricane" and "Reach, kid" are the best ones.

They could do something like:

"FINAL BOSS

Mythic bosses are the final challenge in warzone firefight."

Or what if they named some of those bosses variants after former Final Boss members ? Ok, ok, nerd inside me is going off I guess.

PROMETHEANS INCOMING! IT'S OGRE TWINS!

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

A better analogy would be going to an NFL forum, going into the "Teams, Seeds, and discussion thread", and talking about rules... Despite the fact that there exists a thread specifically FOR rules.

Everyone slips up and gets off topic from time to time. But those matters are generally tangentially related to pro league, and aren't matters that have their own thread.

That said, why hasn't there been any more discussion on that UGC teaser? Maybe I'm jumping the gun, Sounds like it could be the type of event we've been waiting for.

We've known for a while that UGC are hitting us up with an Open LAN. HCS NOW informed us on here a month ago. But yes, I am looking forward.

This is such a nice skin. Subtle, too.

It is awesome, but well...Renegades...Ninja...nothing subtle about that soo...yeah I will probably stop now. :-)

I8z3iKc.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 9

We've known for a while that UGC are hitting us up with an Open LAN. HCS NOW informed us on here a month ago. But yes, I am looking forward.

Oh ok, I guess I need to start listening to those all the way through.

Are UGC events held in high regard?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh ok, I guess I need to start listening to those all the way through.

Are UGC events held in high regard?

The last UGC event (in partnership with HCS) had 88 teams in MCC.

Very good turnout for a broken game, event was good.

It is awesome, but well...Renegades...Ninja...nothing subtle about that soo...yeah I will probably stop now. :-)

Funny you say that because Ninja said something on stream last night about not teaming with Mikwen because he can be the only "hothead" on the team as he put it. 

I8z3iKc.jpg

Colors are pretty but you really can't make out the logo proper. 

I would get hyped for this UGC event but it's probably not 343 backed and therefore not even really going to be a real "LAN". Or maybe I shouldn't say this because it might bring in another off-topic discussion.

Yeah sprint is staying in Halo for the forseeable future. Dunno why people are wasting their time on that. You can't just go back and spend millions to make new maps that can work without sprint. Arguments can be made for H6, whatever. 

The REAL argument we can make is that radar and autos are shitty and should be removed from competitive. Now, I doubt 343 listens, I think they genuinely feel that if you just put up a million+ dollars a year that you can grow an esports scene artificially. And yes, it will probably be repetitive and maybe boring, but I'd honestly prefer the occasional settings discussion to pop up in this thread if it means it stays in the back of our minds and of 343's, assuming they come here often. The alternative is settling for a slightly above average FPS and hoping people still feel like playing competitively after getting mowed down by a storm rifle from a third of the way across the map for the thousandth time.

Plus, let's be real, the day we stop talking about these issues plaguing competitive settings is the day 343 says we're okay with it. See breakout. 

Why did el Town leave the EnVy condo?

He got dropped for Snipedown.

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 6

whatever happened with Renegades the org disbanding?

I'm assuming RNG will finish their existing contracts with non-LOL teams (probably through Pro League with Halo).