CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Sir I came here to read about HCS, not you calling someone names. Pls post your insults in the insult thread. Thank you.

I didnt call anyone names? I said someone was being childish. 

I too came here to read about HCS, not people going ham over sprint. Contradictory statement.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

I didnt call anyone names? I said someone was being childish.

I too came here to read about HCS, not people going ham over sprint. Contradictory statement.

...but you made a post about sprint lol. It's really easy to not have a debate about sprint by, well, not posting about it lol. All Cooper did was call out that your post was incorrect. You literally started a conversation about sprint.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

it was still planned. Now please, shut up, no one wants to hear your childish nonsense about a change of pace. If you want change, go to Waypoint or Reddit, no one from 343 is going to notice you on here.

Make a dumb post. Get corrected. Call correction, citing the actual developers, "childish nonsense," while behaving like a child. Profit? "It was still planned." Yes, and bad ideas are constantly cut from games during development when they don't work. Why are you bringing up mechanics that were tested and rejected in prototyping phases in an argument that you apparently don't want to continue? This is the HCS thread, remember?

• Upvote (+1) 3

...but you made a post about sprint lol. It's really easy to not have a debate about sprint by, well, not posting about it lol. All Cooper did was call out that your post was incorrect. You literally started a conversation about sprint.

It's been going on for days. I called for it to stop. Pls let this stop

I just want people to call for it to be removed in a more direct way, such as Reddit or Waypoint. Do you not agree that it would have a better chance of getting noticed?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

stopped by to post a renegades themed skin, and a debate broke out. anyway....

sYtwjOc.png

I like this skin because it looks like you tried to make a skin and didn't just slap an organizations logo across the weapon and match the colors. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

it was still planned. Now please, shut up, no one wants to hear your childish nonsense about a change of pace. If you want change, go to Waypoint or Reddit, no one from 343 is going to notice you on here.

It wasn't planned. It was tested. Just like countless other mechanics and ideas that were thrown in the trash bin because they didn't work.

Don't get mad at me because you posted something that was factually incorrect and got called out.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It wasn't planned. It was tested. Just like countless other mechanics and ideas that were thrown in the trash bin because they didn't work.

Don't get mad at me because you posted something that was factually incorrect and got called out.

Just please, use more direct sites, not here, complaining here wont change anything.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just please, use more direct sites, not here, complaining here wont change anything.

Well

1- This is probably the site 343 looks at the most. It also receives the most 343 posts.

2. It's not all about advocating for change. Most of it is simply looking for some quality Halo discussion. Unfortunately most people on TB no longer have any interest in that. Which is sad considering this used to be the bastion for intelligent, thought provoking Halo discussion. Now you just get told to shut up and fuck off. It's worse than reddit here and im not sure why the mods are letting it go this way.

Anyways. Stop posting about sprint so I can stop coming in this thread.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Well

1- This is probably the site 343 looks at the most. It also receives the most 343 posts.

2. It's not all about advocating for change. Most of it is simply looking for some quality Halo discussion. Unfortunately most people on TB no longer have any interest in that. Which is sad considering this used to be the bastion for intelligent, thought provoking Halo discussion. Now you just get told to shut up and fuck off. It's worse than reddit here and im not sure why the mods are letting it go this way.

1. Disgree, Reddit receives lots of 343's attention

2. Yes, it's discussion, but its completely Off Topic.

• Upvote (+1) 2

2. Yes, it's discussion, but its completely Off Topic.

you made the first post in this little tangent.

Halo 6 should spark that discussion again but expecting sprint versus no sprint debated to occur throughout the entire lifespan of a game is ridiculous.

Why?

Waiting until the next game is out is too late. This is the prime time for discussions about the next game as the next game is actually in development right now.

I've wondered for quite some time now why there is no "future of Halo" or "halo 6" thread here.

Arguing about whether or not something should be able to be argued about

The shitpost meta has truly evolved

This was rather funny.

This has to be the most pointless argument:

• We have had pro's talk to 343 about the negative impacts of sprint
  • Popular halo personalities such as gandhi have created video's explaining why sprint is bad
  • We have had a poll conducted only to be told that it was effected by selection bias
  • 343 conducted a poll where the majority of players wanted sprint in the game
  • Sprint has been in halo so long now, that players have become accustomed to it and have adapted (whether they admit it or not)
  • This is a 5 YEAR argument, we fought the good fight and lost MOVE ON - (you are saying nothing that hasn't been said a thousand times)
  • They created the game from the bottom up with sprint in mind, it would not work without sprint
  • 343 have said it is in the game because players expect it in a modern fps 

The pro's couldn't get it removed

The personalities couldn't get it removed

Community sites couldn't get it removed 

We have not only lost this fight, we got slaughtered, we barely made a dent, we are waving the white flag in the air and are begging for mercy.

I cannot speak for everyone, but I have given up hope, would I prefer halo with no sprint? Yes! but at this point it is the not the be all and end all, there are much more pressing issues for me. You are literally just repeating arguments at this point, it is fucking annoying because it is pointless.

• Upvote (+1) 7

This has to be the most pointless argument:

• We have had pro's talk to 343 about the negative impacts of sprint
  • Popular halo personalities such as gandhi has created a video explaining why sprint is bad
  • We have had a poll conducted only to be told that it was effected by selection bias
  • 343 conducted a poll where the majority of players wanted sprint in the game
  • Sprint has been in halo so long now, that players havebecome accustomed to it and have adapted (whether they admit or not)
  • This is a 5 YEAR argument, we fought the good fight and lost MOVE ON - (you are saying nothing that hasn't been said a thousand times)
  • They created the game from the bottom up with sprint in mind, it would not work without sprint
  • 343 have said it is in the game because players expect it in a modern fps 

The pro's couldn't get it removed

The personalities couldn't get it removed

Community sites couldn't get it removed 

We have not only lost this fight, we got slaughtered, we barely made a dent, we are waving the white flag in the air and are begging for mercy.

I cannot speak for anything, but I have given up hope, would I prefer halo with no sprint? Yes! but at this point it is the not the be all and end all, there are much more pressing issues for me. You are literally just repeating arguments at this point, it is fucking annoying because it is pointless.

But the industry is only now starting to catch up. We're seeing FPS games coming out of the dark years of COD influence. Many games are dropping sprint, ADS and the like.

When H5 launched yes, people "expected" sprint but that is going away. Two of the top three most played FPS games this year do not use sprint. The highest rated SP FPS of the year does not use sprint. 

If there were ever a time to double down on the sprint issue in Halo, it is now because it`s not just us talking anymore. The industry is actually shifting.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 8

But the industry is only now starting to catch up. We're seeing FPS games coming out of the dark years of COD influence. Many games are dropping sprint, ADS and the like.

When H5 launched yes, people "expected" sprint but that is going away. Two of the top three most played FPS games this year do not use sprint. The highest rated SP FPS of the year does not use sprint. 

If there were ever a time to double down on the sprint issue in Halo, it is now because it`s not just us talking anymore. The industry is actually shifting.

No one cares. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 3