CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I don't understand this post, is that a hint that UGC is going to be doing H5 Lans?

Looking the blue screen of death, it appears that they are either teasing announcement or event that will take place some time in August.

"The only thing missing is huge live events. UGC is excited to- (cuts to blue screen) - a fatal exception occured at 08-XX-2016"

Sounds to me like they are aiming to end the drought. Maybe an HCS Open to kick off the fall season?

Top post on /r/halo is a guy EMPing a ghost from like 2 feet away with an OP version of a plasma pistol, and then taking like 3 seconds to snipe the stationary driver. All in warzone, to add salt to the wound.

Shit has 400 upvotes.

I give up.

I commented in that thread when it had 200 asking why?

Why does Team Beyond hate casuals? Let them have fun and make stupid/fun gifs of cool stuff they do.

This is why the Halo community has become so toxic some people just love playing some casual Warzone, make crazy shit in Forge, others love the Story, let them enjoy their favorite part of Halo and don't hate on them for not liking what you do.

Fair enough, but its annoying to see someone put hours of their time into making something really cool and different and it gets maybe 5 upvotes and falls away. Then you have a GIF that took 2 seconds to record of literally nothing getting over 400 and making the front page. It just baffles me.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Fair enough, but its annoying to see someone put hours of their time into making something really cool and different and it gets maybe 5 upvotes and falls away. Then you have a GIF that took 2 seconds to record of literally nothing getting over 400 and making the front page. It just baffles me.

Its all about ease of consumption.

The voting system encourages quick fix style entertainment, a short gif is going to get more views and therefore more votes in a much shorter period of time than a YouTube video. Any simple up/down voting system is going to encourage easy to consume entertainment and discourage discussion. You see the very same thing in this thread all the time. A meme which took 20 seconds to make gets 30 up votes whereas a detailed HCS video recap gets less than 10. Reddit compounds on this issue by ordering what to show you based on these votes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I watch it religiously.

EU more so because the NA stuff is usually late but I try to catch what I can.

I know you do. In fact, you watch so much HCS you never have the chance to play with me anymore :mj:
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Made a E6 just for fun (and because they are a pretty awesome team)

RaRXd7m.jpg

FKhqBLX.png

Perfect!

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm so surprised to see people on waypoint talk badly about competitive halo. I thought radar and ars were supposed to capture that kind of audience :( :( :(

I see what your are doing... But people on waypoint are blaming MLG for firefight being too hard... they have no idea what they are talking about.

They don't represent the casual audience. They represent a small segment of that audience who go to waypoint with pitchforks.

The majority of the causal audience doesn't visit forums at all. They just play the game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Tried to do a NV to. Pistola fuck yeah.

That Skin is literally better than anything 343 have produced.

• Upvote (+1) 9

That Skin is literally better than anything 343 have produced.

Am I the only one who really likes the Optic Magnum? 

i really like the optic magnum and CLG AR using them until the nV skins come

I'm so surprised to see people on waypoint talk badly about competitive halo. I thought radar and ars were supposed to capture that kind of audience :( :( :(

Halo 4 was more casual with all the armor abilities imo. Especially with Promethean vision where you could literally see through walls and across the map. 

Made a E6 just for fun (and because they are a pretty awesome team)

Tried to do another one. E6 is hard, complicated logo and "no team colors".

pzJl3Yf.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 6

No, but the people saying it is going in the right direction are looking bigger picture. from Loadouts, Radar, Autos, Flinch, no descope, shitty maps, plummetting player population and cancelled tournaments to Radar, Auto's and million dollar tournaments is a hell of a turnaround, despite the fact that there is more work to be done.

And how did we get from where we were to where we are now?

Constructive (or not) critism. This community has pretty much completely stopped. Some of that is the users fault and some of that is the administration fault for failing to realise that this sub community doesn't move out of this thread. So outlawing HCS settings discussions has essentially killed all discussion about settings in this sub community.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Halo 4 was more casual with all the armor abilities imo. Especially with Promethean vision where you could literally see through walls and across the map. 

Yea, but that wasn't in the competitive playlist. If it were in this game we would probably see it in the arena playlist

Tried to do another one. E6 is hard, complicated logo and "no team colors".

pzJl3Yf.jpg

In place of bubudubu can you put  " つ ◕_◕ ༽つ BUBU TAKE MY DUBU ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ" :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Probably.

the CLG skins aren't just the best team skins, they are some of the skins in the game period.  I rock the EG skins becuase that's my team despite the fact that the only one that is not pissing me off right now is Snipedown.  He played all night with 3/4s of NV last night.  Suspector and RoyBox haven't been on for days.....

Meanwhile. the top team in the league is continuing to practice.

And how did we get from where we were to where we are now?

Constructive (or not) critism. This community has pretty much completely stopped. Some of that is the users fault and some of that is the administration fault for failing to realise that this sub community doesn't move out of this thread. So outlawing HCS settings discussions has essentially killed all discussion about settings in this sub community.

Constructive criticism takes the form of "ABC needs to change to XYZ because of [insert reasoned argument here]."  It also requires a certain give and take from the party's involved.  That is rare.  

My point is, there are some people that just show up here and assault our eye-holes with their negativity and that is pretty much all they do.  There is nothing wrong with the occasional vent or rant, but there are some people here (and reddit, and waypoint, etc.  I'm not trying to single out Beyond) that only post when they have some quick, nasty thing to say and its tiresome.

• Upvote (+1) 3