CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

It's not just esports or competitive gaming. Most people on waypoint seem to think that everything they personally want is needed and if there is something in the game they don't like it needs to be removed. The place is good for lore discussion but there are much better sites for that.

It just hurts my brain man. It feels like I'm getting constantly milked. I'm throwing in the towel. It's so nice over here.

FeelsTeamBeyondMan

• Upvote (+1) 3

It just hurts my brain man. It feels like I'm getting constantly milked. I'm throwing in the towel. It's so nice over here.

FeelsTeamBeyondMan

"Milked"......

Please no.

please.

No

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You can count the points that separate EG and ALG on your hands for this weeks power rankings 

jeez

Edit: Same with nV and RNG LOL. Almost exact same point differential. 

edit2: and I have a definite feeling there will be some saltiness for #3 and #4. 

What's funny to me, is that here, folks are just as close-minded and opinioned, except AGAINST the casual players.

What's funniest of all is that both sides of the argument SWEAR that 343i is catering far too much to the other.

I actually think 343 has done a pretty amazing job to catering to both sides. But thats for another thread.

Please just let RNG play consistent Halo. Please.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Sooo.... Looks like EG are done scrimming. What makes this interesting is when someone asked Eric "forever" He made this face like "Probably"... No hard intel but it didn't leave me feeling warm and fuzzy about them staying together.

What's funny to me, is that here, folks are just as close-minded and opinioned, except AGAINST the casual players.

What's funniest of all is that both sides of the argument SWEAR that 343i is catering far too much to the other.

We got Arena, they got Warzone. I don't see what the big deal is.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Top post on /r/halo is a guy EMPing a ghost from like 2 feet away with an OP version of a plasma pistol, and then taking like 3 seconds to snipe the stationary driver. All in warzone, to add salt to the wound.

Shit has 400 upvotes.

I give up.

They are probably 90% of the current population, those are the players in the "greatest retention of all time", if we want Halo to grow we have to convert them to being spectators of the sport

They are probably 90% of the current population, those are the players in the "greatest retention of all time", if we want Halo to grow we have to convert them to being spectators of the sport

Asking people, who likely have no knowledge/interest in competitive gaming to download a separate app, and keep up with match times is too much of a barrier to entry.

They really need to 'dangle the carrot'

Players should be able to launch the stream from ingame, and they should be giving away req items during the stream.

That's how you convert people

• Upvote (+1) 5

Sal had to fly home today so we're just playing matchmaking with him lmfao

That's exactly what you want us to think. #Intel

• Upvote (+1) 3

I've read through all these pages and the only thing I've learned is E6 > CLG but RNG > E6. nV isn't even in the equation, but on LAN EG > E6 and RNG so therefore the power rankings are as currently looking like this.

1. EG

2. RNG

3. E6

4. CLG

5. nV

Sorry nV but you don't qualify for finals. 

Further proof that the "transitive property" doesn't apply in sports. Just because Team A beat Team B doesn't make Team A better than Team C because they lost to Team A. It's all about how Teams match up against other teams. 

:kappa:

Asking people, who likely have no knowledge/interest in competitive gaming to download a separate app, and keep up with match times is too much of a barrier to entry.

They really need to 'dangle the carrot'

Players should be able to launch the stream from ingame, and they should be giving away req items during the stream.

That's how you convert people

ya 343 can shit out gold packs when you win a game of WZFF but they can't give one req pack to people who tune into twitch every week

• Upvote (+1) 2

It was a good run

rip el town we hardly knew thee

I've read through all these pages and the only thing I've learned is E6 > CLG but RNG > E6. nV isn't even in the equation, but on LAN EG > E6 and RNG so therefore the power rankings are as currently looking like this.

1. EG

2. RNG

3. E6

4. CLG

5. nV

Sorry nV but you don't qualify for finals. 

way to spoil the community power rankings you fuck  :mj:

I mean, really you shouldn't compare teams by other matchups that don't include them ever, but in this rare case E6 is the ONLY team to beat CLG, and in the fashion that they did is impressive.

The MAIN point, which I think you'll agree with, is that, while RNG should absolutely move up in the ranks to #3 over nV, there's no real reason to move them up past E6. 

And earlier in the season both you and E6 were different teams. I mean, most teams were, hell EG was good in the beginning of the season before those vacations  :mj: You also have to consider the 3-0 nV gave EG was directly after the vacation Roy took, no? And then they played them the week right after, again, still rusty, and almost beat them. 

If you guys beat E6 then there's no question RNG is #2, but as of right now, do you really think it's justified to put you guys at #2 over E6 for beating nV, the #3 team? Also, thankfully for you, E6 is having a rough week of scrims. I think you can really pull it off and beat them this week. I feel like E6's entire playstyle plays exceptionally well against CLG and not AS well against every other team (but EG LOL). 

edit: also @@CyReN, are coaches of top 8 teams not considered VIPs? Feel like Symbolic should of had his purple by now.

They did beat E6 handily in scrims, no? I get that it's a scrim, but I'd hardly say there's NO reason at all to put them above. They're clearly looking much better with post-Ramadan Hamy, so to me those factors make a #2 ranking generous, but not completely ungrounded. Just my .02

• Upvote (+1) 1