CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Guaranteed if optic doesn't make it out of relegations they'll up the teams to 10-12 randomly

I doubt they do it for the fall season, but I wouldn't at all be surprised if they up the teams for the season after.

Remember when we were all talking about how halo pro's don't play much because they get burnt out too quickly? I just saw this article from a LoL team.

4219c4ce01be6fdf051515ad5482856c.png

I thought it was pretty funny considering it seems like Halo pros play 2 nights in a row for 3 hours and need a vacation :kappa:

At some point it no longer just for fun and it's a job with real dollars, sponsors, and reputation at stake. Even a vlog takes 10x the time to put together than the length of the video we see.

I totally feel for some of the stress these guys are under to make this their career and not have to go back to school or a 9 to 5.

Did UGC organize good events? I've never saw a Halo tournament from them

I desperately hope this means that 343 has either gained the ability to have a LAN build of the game or agreed to give on-premises servers for these events.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Did UGC organize good events? I've never saw a Halo tournament from them

They ran the 2nd open event for H2A UGC St Louis, nicely ran event had the most teams out of any H2A open event around 100 if i remember correctly. They also run stuff at their LAN center.

Top post on /r/halo is a guy EMPing a ghost from like 2 feet away with an OP version of a plasma pistol, and then taking like 3 seconds to snipe the stationary driver. All in warzone, to add salt to the wound.

Shit has 400 upvotes.

I give up.

Have you seen the clips in those community montages? It's just triple kills and overkills with warzone weapons.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Top post on /r/halo is a guy EMPing a ghost from like 2 feet away with an OP version of a plasma pistol, and then taking like 3 seconds to snipe the stationary driver. All in warzone, to add salt to the wound.

Shit has 400 upvotes.

I give up.

halo 

is

back.

I'll be generous and say that 10% of the community watch or care about halo E-sports. No one i know watches it. I have yet to talk to someone online who watches it. I have only met people who buy the packs of teams because they like how cool their weapon skins look.Tbh I think E-sports in general is just another dumb way to waste your time and money.

Has 11 likes. Like wtf. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Shit has 400 upvotes.

I give up.

I've been down voting every garbage warzone post since launch, it's honestly just sad.
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Why does Team Beyond hate casuals? Let them have fun and make stupid/fun gifs of cool stuff they do.

This is why the Halo community has become so toxic some people just love playing some casual Warzone, make crazy shit in Forge, others love the Story, let them enjoy their favorite part of Halo.

I don't hate casuals man, and I don't think any of us do. It's great that they enjoy other parts of Halo -- I personally was a lore guy for years before jumping into MP and later the competitive scene. 

The problem is /r/halo, specifically. Shit has ZERO discussion. There are so many content creators out there -- not only in the esports side of things but casual ones also -- that get no love from that subreddit. There are so few discussion posts on how to get better at forging, or new jumps on maps, or discussion on the lore. Just look at most other subreddits about specific games like /r/globaloffensive or /r/destinythegame or /r/hearthstone. There's so much more variety in what gets upvoted. And meanwhile every two days on /r/halo some dude posts a gif of him teabagging with the title "hey guize teabagging in Halo amirite? xD" and it'll get 1k upvotes. 

Discussion is what makes a community, not gifs of mediocre content. And there's very little on /r/halo. 

To those neg repping, please let me know what you disagree with me on. I genuinely want to know how anyone could be okay with the quality of that sub.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I very rarely click on Waypoint threads because of shit like this.  

Has it genuinely always been this bad? My head hurts.

It's not just esports or competitive gaming. Most people on waypoint seem to think that everything they personally want is needed and if there is something in the game they don't like it needs to be removed. The place is good for lore discussion but there are much better sites for that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

"Esports is cancer. It's a waste of time and money and those stupid mtn dew no lifes need to get a real job"

Sums up the waypoint post for the most part. 

I don't hate casuals man, and I don't think any of us do. It's great that they enjoy other parts of Halo -- I personally was a lore guy for years before jumping into MP and later the competitive scene. 

The problem is /r/halo, specifically. Shit has ZERO discussion. There are so many content creators out there -- not only in the esports side of things but casual ones also -- that get no love from that subreddit. There are so few discussion posts on how to get better at forging, or new jumps on maps, or discussion on the lore. Just look at most other subreddits about specific games like /r/globaloffensive or /r/destinythegame or /r/hearthstone. There's so much more variety in what gets upvoted. And meanwhile every two days on /r/halo some dude posts a gif of him teabagging with the title "hey guize teabagging in Halo amirite? xD" and it'll get 1k upvotes. 

Discussion is what makes a community, not gifs of mediocre content. And there's very little on /r/halo. 

Dude, it's reddit. 90% of people on reddit are most likely sitting on their toilet. That's why gifs/images do so well in upvotes, it's easy content you can consume anywhere. That's why a lot of times there are like "sub subreddits", like r/HaloStory. It's kinda like how you have r/gaming, which is pics and gifs and easy content like that, then you have r/games where all the real discussion takes place. There's really no need for a competitive subreddit for Halo because most people into the scene know to come here. 

That said, r/halo could do a lot better job of pointing to those dedicated subs, the sidebar is pretty damn bleak.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Hey, guys! My week 6 Pro League recap is live! I'd love to hear all your feedback!

This week i'd specifically like to know your opinions on any of the humor I try and throw into my videos. Dry

or not, I always like to throw it in, but in your opinion, would you rather see some humor now and then, or fully

professional? Thanks a bunch!

• Upvote (+1) 9

Mmmmm lore. I liked the lore a lot more when it was shrouded in mystery, now it's all a bit convoluted. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

At this time we aren't adding coaches. We try to keep it to game devs, industry folks, community leaders/figureheads, casters, etc.

Make a orange tag for coaches.

Dude, it's reddit. 90% of people on reddit are most likely sitting on their toilet. That's why gifs/images do so well in upvotes, it's easy content you can consume anywhere. That's why a lot of times there are like "sub subreddits", like r/HaloStory. It's kinda like how you have r/gaming, which is pics and gifs and easy content like that, then you have r/games where all the real discussion takes place. There's really no need for a competitive subreddit for Halo because most people into the scene know to come here. 

That said, r/halo could do a lot better job of pointing to those dedicated subs, the sidebar is pretty damn bleak.

That's fair, although other game subreddits like /r/destinythegame seem to make it work. 

I'd love to see a /r/halodiscussion or something pop up if it ever comes to that.