CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Twitch.tv/halo XGames regionals worlds is all on that lol

Is it time to bring back the #CratosEffect?  :kappa:

Holy shit we need more of these FFA tournaments. I haven't been able to get into either of them they fill up so quickly.

When is the FFA tourny?

Tomorrow at 6pm EST, all spots have been reserved though.

Some people do drop though, so keep an eye out if you want to play.

Guaranteed if optic doesn't make it out of relegations they'll up the teams to 10-12 randomly

The #greenwall effect has been exhausted on this current roster. 343'd get better results if Optic bought a league spot, rather than try to field an expansion team.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Tomorrow at 6pm EST, all spots have been reserved though.

Some people do drop though, so keep an eye out if you want to play.

Thanks. Nah I'm just a scummy spectator :kappa:

The #greenwall effect has been exhausted on this current roster. 343'd get better results if Optic bought a league spot, rather than try to field an expansion team.

OpTic are rich enough to buy CLG out without a dent in their pocket lmao

LAN events, great. Hopefully there's lots of teams there. 

This one is pretty well advertised, so hopefully we see about 20-30.

Edit: Sorry for multi-replying, it's a habit I need to fix.

Every week, without fail, I get one stubborn fucker who votes Optic at #1 and CLG at #8

Better not be any of you

:lxthul:

Triggers Down Vin!

I don't understand why you would even make the distinction between Challenger and Pro League if we're just going to bring in every player that might take a game from a pro team. Might as well just go back to massive online tournaments at that point. Part of the excitement is good players having to play other good players for relegation. I think Pro League is trash in general compared to just having our old circuit back but adding more teams would just make it worse and not better imo.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't understand why you would even make the distinction between Challenger and Pro League if we're just going to bring in every player that might take a game from a pro team. Might as well just go back to massive online tournaments at that point. Part of the excitement is good players having to play other good players for relegation. I think Pro League is trash in general compared to just having our old circuit back but adding more teams would just make it worse and not better imo.

The challenger league is essentially a farming system. The top players are gonna make it into pro league one way or another. As such, there really is no distinction, as everyone is playing under the HCS banner.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hopefully 343 announces a more solid structure for the HCS after the S1 Finals with Open events and more pro league spots #prayers 

also If anyone signed up for the FFA and can't/ doesn't want to play i would love to play  :intensifies:

• Upvote (+1) 1

So that's what, 3-4 orgs pulling out of the competitive CoD scene recently? 

This may be a controversial opinion here but if 343 doesn't do the things it takes to make Halo grow *organically* then the same thing may very well happen to us. Yes, we're better off than before, but it's a bubble and an underperforming org like Liquid doesn't have an incentive to stay if they keep underperforming or drop out of the League entirely. There's very little sponsorship money in Halo and viewership is relatively small -- if your org can't field a team to take home the big bucks at season finals or HWC you have no reason to have a Halo team. 

I don't understand why you would even make the distinction between Challenger and Pro League if we're just going to bring in every player that might take a game from a pro team. Might as well just go back to massive online tournaments at that point. Part of the excitement is good players having to play other good players for relegation. I think Pro League is trash in general compared to just having our old circuit back but adding more teams would just make it worse and not better imo.

This is what people are failing to grasp. There has to be a punishment of sorts for teams who fail to do well. Just like their has to be a reward for those that do.

The top 4 battling out for 100,000 + is dope

The 5-6th place team are rewarded by securing their place in season 2 

and 7th & 8th are punished by having to play for their spot in the pro league against the top 2 amateur teams.

Denial is a very strong challenger league team. They could easily beat Liquid or Optic if they get the right game types. Rammy lit up the pro league when he was in it. 

Can we say the same about new era or winter soldiers, I don't think so. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1