CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I mean this in the most respectful way possible @@Ugug - do you play anymore? Did you watch the 3-2 NV v CLG?  

I understand your points and that you don't like these elements.  I see a you make a ton of posts about them, and I agree with some of it.  It just seems like a lot of effort to keep the torches and pitchforks out at this point. We have the first Pro league (flaws and all) the game itself is fun, and while it will never be like the MLG halo 2/3 days, I'm happy that we're moving in the right direction.

Don't you come in here with your logic and your firm grasp on reality! dont you know this is the internet fool????!!!

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

lmao @@Ugug just became the odds-on favorite to take home the award for Team Beyond Understatement of the Year

Lol yeah I should probably mention more often that I actually don't hate this game

I just hate parts of it

• Upvote (+1) 6

I want to play in these tournaments soooo bad. Sucks I work every day until 4pm pacific. :(

We are doing the best we can right now, unfortunately the HCS circuit takes up most of the week for Halo. We would love to run them on the weekend, maybe we can later when the schedules are cleared for both parties.

I mean this in the most respectful way possible @@Ugug - do you play anymore? Did you watch the 3-2 NV v CLG?

I understand your points and that you don't like these elements. I see a you make a ton of posts about them, and I agree with some of it. It just seems like a lot of effort to keep the torches and pitchforks out at this point. We have the first Pro league (flaws and all) the game itself is fun, and while it will never be like the MLG halo 2/3 days, I'm happy that we're moving in the right direction.

Radar and autos are the right direction?

Just because you like the general direction halo is going in doesn't mean you have to stop complaining about the parts of it you don't like.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This This This 

Cannot agree more:

• Commentating: in the NA pro league has been one of the largest deterrents in recent memory to watching competitive halo. We need to improve here drastically, T2 and Elamite were fantastic, keep them PLEASE. The cooldown times is another offence, have an analyst desk, with people who know the teams in and out and are up to date with the current meta, the casters should know more not less than the viewers. Get rid of these stupid montages and actually provide viewers with insights into what just transpired and why x team was able to secure the victory. If the game was a blowout I want an in-depth explanation as to what went wrong for the other team. We keep hearing from pro's that stats don't tell the whole story, but it is impossible for the viewer to fully understand atm, so we need assistance bridging this gap.
  • Marketing: Pro's need to start tweeting out during games, informing followers of the series score, the score of each game and constantly tweeting out the stream, they are doing a lackluster job right now in comparison to the cod pro's. 343 needs to create banners and alerts informing everyone playing halo 5 of what game is being streamed, with an option to take the player directly to the twitch channel.  Also, they (343/ESL) themselves need to promote the individual matches more just like the players.
  • Open Lan's need to be used in conjunction to the pro league, in order to break the monotony of the pro league, let's see how U4X stacks up on LAN, let's see if Liquid improves on LAN. It would also allow the challenger league teams and players the opportunity to show their skill and that they deserve to be in the league,it will create more storylines.
  • And of course improve the horrible observer mode.

Pretty much 100%.

Also, an in-game viewer for the Pro League would drastically increase viewership. This can be used on Xbox One, but also on PC, when Halo 5 Forge comes to the platform. Having Halo 5 Forge on PC will attract a new userbase which can then be exposed to the HCS.

• Upvote (+1) 2

People want to "keep Competitive Halo alive". What they don't realize or care about is that Halo with ARs, radar, and online tournaments deciding things is "Competitive Halo" in name only.

I mean, I dont really care if Radar is in there or not, but i seriously agree with the amount of Autos, that the player has off spawn, and the AR start.

BR starts would mess up the element of map control in my opinion, which is why, if I was director of MP I would provide the player with Magnum starts, with limited Automatic weapons on the map.

Just because you like the general direction halo is going in doesn't mean you have to stop complaining about the parts of it you don't like.

I'm not saying anyone has to stop.  I was commenting on the frequency of the negative posts all in the same vein, and @@Ugug explained. People are always free to complain on the internet.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe throw in some post about how you like the good parts of the game?

Exactly. Is the halo 5 multiplayer fun? YES. Could it be a million times better by making some minor tweaks? YES. People confuse criticism with complaining.

• Upvote (+1) 1

People want to "keep Competitive Halo alive". What they don't realize or care about is that Halo with ARs, radar, and online tournaments deciding things is "Competitive Halo" in name only.

Competitive? the whole HCS might as well be a social playlist.

• Upvote (+1) 3

My updated power rankings let me know what you guys think.

1. CLG

2. RNG

3. nV

4. E6

5. EG

6. ALG

7. Liquid

8. Optic

Bumped RNG up for big wins against EG and NV, respectfully.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

10 team Pro League is a bad Idea, keep it the way it is, we don't need more 0-3 teams.

Yes because that's exactly what we'd get. 

My updated power rankings let me know what you guys think.

1. CLG

2. RNG

3. nV

4. E6

5. EG

6. ALG

7. Liquid

8. Optic

Bumped RNG up for big wins against EG and NV, respectfully.

There's absolutely ZERO reason to put RNG over E6, like, what?

RNG were no where near close to beating CLG, and E6 beat them in a commanding fashion. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

There's absolutely ZERO reason to put RNG over E6, like, what?

RNG were no where near close to beating CLG, and E6 beat them in a commanding fashion. 

Dont. Get. Triggered.

Theyre 'Power Rankings' for a reason

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

@@VinFTW even with big wins last week you don't think they should move up at all?

Yes, above nV. Why would you put them above E6? Did they play E6 recently aside from scrims? E6 actually beat CLG, pretty handily. RNG got spanked by them twice. No team can say they took down the giant besides E6. You don't move past the 2nd place team just by beating the 3rd place team lol

Dont. Get. Triggered.

Theyre 'Power Rankings' for a reason

Jesus, the overuse of triggered is what's going to trigger me lol

No ones triggered

• Upvote (+1) 9

Hey now guys, triggered is a word that only the Beyond staff uses when talking about power rankings. Please remember this!

:lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Power Rankings overall, is content that is designed to draw in and retain interest in the respective "sport" that the rankings are based around. (NBA, NFL, eSports, etc).

Basing them upon the only available consistent data we have at our disposal: (weekly scrimmages and pro league matches) are the best way to land at the most accurate result.

Voting based power rankings are a good way to engage people - but more often than not, offer skewed results based on biased votes for their favorite teams or players. It is human nature, no big deal.

Either way, there is absolutely no point in being upset by Power Rankings. If you do not agree with rankings, that is perfectly OK, keep supporting your favorite team(s) regardless, and see if they prove the rankings wrong.

:simms:

• Upvote (+1) 2

@@Moyceyy @@VinFTW I thought they were "weekly" power rankings for a reason? Who did the best the previous week? and LOL at someone voting Optic #1...HAHAHA. Last weeks match was so...cringey. It was like Pros playing Christmas noobs.