CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

There's so many awesome things about competitive Halo right now, but there's also so many things that seem to have pretty obvious solutions that don't get resolved.  Frustrating is definitely the right word.

Exactly. 1 step forward and 2 steps back :/

Missed potential. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

pXvJK.png

whats interesting about maniac is how he seems to go from a top pro to a bottom pro like every couple of months.  Like a few months ago optic was a contender for top 2 and was spanking teams other than CLG in scrims and beating RNG in online tournaments, now this.  Same with every other halo game hes competed in.  its very cyclical 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Like a few months ago optic was a contender for top 2 and was spanking teams other than CLG in scrims and beating RNG in online tournaments, now this.

I must have missed this...

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I must have missed this...

it was right when they picked up str8 sick, all the way up until Burbank, where they just fell apart after they beat renegades and never recovered

• Upvote (+1) 2

it was right when they picked up str8 sick, all the way up until Burbank, where they just fell apart after they beat renegades and never recovered

Oh okay. I remember them after they picked up str8 sick but I don't ever remembering thinking they were a top 2 team.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh okay. I remember them after they picked up str8 sick but I don't ever remembering thinking they were a top 2 team.

well they went on a run where they beat every other team in scrims except CLG and were doing so convincingly, so the hype was they were a potential top 2.

• Upvote (+1) 1

well they went on a run where they beat every other team in scrims except CLG and were doing so convincingly, so the hype was they were a potential top 2.

I thought we learned not to make blanket, definitive statements on teams based off online results and scrims.

WFX remind you of anything when they first formed?

I thought we learned not to make blanket, definitive statements on teams based off online results and scrims.

WFX remind you of anything when they first formed?

Yeah this is definitely for the best. I mean CLG beat e6 10-4 last night in a set and e6 are struggling with Liquid tonight (currently 7-4 Liquid). That being said I still think e6 are the number 2 team.

It's amazing how much having Naded improved their obj. play and overall team structure/cohesiveness. 

I think its crazy how so many people have forgotten how bad this team broke down with naded. Sure they were good in scrims and beat RNG in one online tournament but they literally choked in so many other games. This team also got 4-0d by liquid with assault so I think people vastly overrate how good they were when they had naded

• Upvote (+1) 3

Can we stop having tournaments of importance being held online in 2016?

So many things about the HCS are half-baked, man.

So frustrating.

Okay, but honestly, what do you expect 343 to do?

Pay for 16 x 4 plane tickets? Put players up in hotels?

We aren't even close to being a top tier eSport right now, I think we should keep that in mind.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Okay, but honestly, what do you expect 343 to do?

Pay for 16 x 4 plane tickets? Put players up in hotels?

We aren't even close to being a top tier eSport right now, I think we should keep that in mind.

ANYTHING but online decider tournaments... You wonder WHY we aren't close to a top tier eSport. 

Example:

I'm sure costs could be split among ESL and 343. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Can we stop having tournaments of importance being held online in 2016?

So many things about the HCS are half-baked, man.

So frustrating.

And this is why many people can't take "competitive" Halo 5 seriously.  Lol

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If H5 has such a healthy population we should have party restrictions. There is no reason to not add it if H5 has a good population. 

Seriously MM in this game is absolutely terrible unless you have a team of 4 to always search with.

• Upvote (+1) 9

If H5 has such a healthy population we should have party restrictions. There is no reason to not add it if H5 has a good population. 

Seriously MM in this game is absolutely terrible unless you have a team of 4 to always search with.

I would rather wait 15 minutes to find a game than to oppose a team of four, and I am not exaggerating. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

It would be so wonderful if we had open LAN tournaments every two or even three months with online in between instead of having such a heavy focus on online play. Online has come a long way, but latency is still a significant issue, not to mention connection problems. I've been worried about the online-heavy nature that competitive Halo has adopted and I'm glad others are starting to feel the same way.

I would rather wait 15 minutes to find a game than to oppose a team of four, and I am not exaggerating. 

It should be a hybrid system. Not everyone wants to wait that long to play. 

Searching as to4 for to4 for 2 minutes, open to 3's + solo at 2 min mark, open to duo's at 4 mins, open to anything at 5 mins. 

Something like that gives the best balance between party size matching and time to match. It also gives the people who want to ensure a to4 match the power to reset the search. 

The system would work in reverse for solo queue players.

It should be a hybrid system. Not everyone wants to wait that long to play. 

Searching as to4 for to4 for 2 minutes, open to 3's + solo at 2 min mark, open to duo's at 4 mins, open to anything at 5 mins. 

Something like that gives the best balance between party size matching and time to match. It also gives the people who want to ensure a to4 match the power to reset the search. 

The system would work in reverse for solo queue players.

That's what it's currently at. I would rather wait than have a guaranteed loss. I'm in Australia so finding a decent game quickly on a good connection is already out the window.

• Upvote (+1) 1

RIP tOp1.5iC Gaming

• Upvote (+1) 1

EG..........

I really don't know where to begin, I said it after Pax, that this team was not impressive, I have explained my thoughts on eG's short comings enough, so I will not bother reiterating it for the 100th time. I agree with Snipedown 100%, noone should be making excuses for them, they controlled their own destiny and blew it. They went from the number 1 team to the number 5 team in approximately 6 months. They do not deserve to be in the finals, they have been bitterly dissapointing and as snipedown pointed out their record against the top 3 is APPALLING.

@@VinFTW, I get it, you are an EG fan, but sometimes it is better to call a spade a spade.  The twins are absolutely the problem, if anyone thinks lunchbox or roy are playing at the same level as they were previously, you are blind. Lunchbox isn't anywhere near as OBJ oriented and Roy is not slaying as well. Those are what those two players are known for and they aren't doing it properly anymore. Personally I think if Snipedown had the opportuinity he would drop all 3 but he cannot unless he leaves, so I think suspector and snipedown will rebuild the roster with roy and lunch more than likely retiring. 

But what I want to happen (for the benefit of halo) is for Snipedown and towey to breakaway and phone Hec'z. This optic gaming roster has been a joke since inception. it is so frustrating to watch as a halo fan because all of those potential viewers are lost when the largest org has a team that is the laughing stock of the league. I think Hec'z at this point has to be at least considering disbanding this team, they have seen no success, and I think he could be tempted to just let snipedown and towey rebuild the optic halo image, brand and roster. Optic gaming's COD roster is centered on wining, it is why this god squad was formed, i can see hec'z taking a similar approach with this halo roster, should they FAIL to make it through relegation, which lets be honest looks doubtful right now. Halo needs the optic juice, we need a competitive roster, we would benefit from a stronger green wall and I think snipedown and towey could bring that. They already fit the image, Snipedown is one of our more dedicated streamers and Towey is releasing great content that just needs a larger viewership.

Please Hec'z either disband and allow snipedown and towey to completely rebuild from scratch or purchase Evil geniuses league spot as I think both Roy and lunchbox are going to retire if dropped.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I would also like to take this opportunity to say to those people who were crying out for a 12 team pro league, JUST LOOK AT THE STANDINGS.

We do not have the player base to make a competitive 12 team pro league.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2