CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

How so? The round Robin would be between the bottom 4 teams, who are only in the bottom 4 because of how they played during the season. That's essentially like saying that there should be no finals tournament and placings should just be determined by standings in the Pro League. I'm just trying to think up a scenario where every team is still involved after the season, while allowing underperforming teams the chance to prove themselves on LAN.

The counter argument to that is that teams Earn the right to prove themselves on LAN throught there performance during the season.

If everyone is gonna be in the playoffs anyway, why even have a season?

Also the idea that in a 10 team league (which is what was proposed in the round robin suggestion) a team could go 0-18 and still get an opportunity to avoid relegation, is a really bad one.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The counter argument to that is that teams Earn the right to prove themselves on LAN throught there performance during the season.

If everyone is gonna be in the playoffs anyway, why even have a season?

Also the idea that in a 10 team league (which is what was proposed in the round robin suggestion) a team could go 0-18 and still get an opportunity to avoid relegation, is a really bad one.

I see what you guys are saying. Maybe have that last place team automatically relegated while the top AM team gets advanced into pro league. 7th place team is safe, but 8th and 9th have to play Relegation matches. Something similar to LoLs format. Idk... really I think being auto placed in pro league for the next season is a fair reward for 6-7 all things considered. Just sucks to see teams like EG and ALG sitting at home, but I guess they put themselves in that position and complaining about it is kind of pointless as 343/ESL had no control over who would perform and who wouldn't.

Plot Twist: Optic have the ability to place top 4, but are purposely playing bad so they get an oppurtunity to Win a LAN :kappa:

I honestly think there is AM teams out there that will stop OpTic from getting back into pro league

• Upvote (+1) 3

Question: once the relegation happens, is that when the "only one trade per team" starts?

If not, won't it be superfluous which teams make the pro league, because rostermania will just shuffle most all the same people around anyway, right?

Naded really is one of the most likeable personalities in the Halo community. It's great to see that he still pulls viewers on Twitch - Sitting at 700 right now and most Americans are asleep.

Proof that creating a consistent stream every night gives you a loyal fanbase - and therefore more viewers. Same with LxthuL and Ninja.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I honestly think there is AM teams out there that will stop OpTic from getting back into pro league

I think denial or elevate have a STRONG CHANCE of dropping optic.

I think that if AMs didn't get poached for pro league, optic would DEFINATELY be getting relegated.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Are pro teams going to be aloud to make major team changes between the Summer and Fall seasons of pro league? 

Also I guess I don't understand the relegation process at all. (If anyone wants to take the time to explain it to me, I would be very thankful).

I see what you guys are saying. Maybe have that last place team automatically relegated while the top AM team gets advanced into pro league. 7th place team is safe, but 8th and 9th have to play Relegation matches. Something similar to LoLs format. Idk... really I think being auto placed in pro league for the next season is a fair reward for 6-7 all things considered. Just sucks to see teams like EG and ALG sitting at home, but I guess they put themselves in that position and complaining about it is kind of pointless as 343/ESL had no control over who would perform and who wouldn't.

What about a lan involving the bottom 4 teams but bottom 2 start in losers brackets and the top 2 in winners. 2 teams end up advancing so to get through the 5th/6th team just have to win one game whilst the 7th/8th teams have to win 2. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Are pro teams going to be aloud to make major team changes between the Summer and Fall seasons of pro league?

Also I guess I don't understand the relegation process at all. (If anyone wants to take the time to explain it to me, I would be very thankful).

Bottom 2 pro teams play the top 2 open circuit teams, winners are in the next pro league season. That's about it.

They need to keep at least 2 of the original players. If the team breaks into two teams of two there is a "manager" for each team that chooses which two keep the pro league spot. Elumnite is nv's manager and I would guess coaches are the managers for the most part.

They need to keep at least 2 of the original players. If the team breaks into two teams of two there is a "manager" for each team that chooses which two keep the pro league spot. Elumnite is nv's manager and I would guess coaches are the managers for the most part.

That seems to put a LOT of emphasis on managers/coaches being fair, it's weird that the most insignificant part of the team would have the most power in a situation like that. Although, i can't think of an alternative at the moment.

Denial will honestly give them a good game. I can see Rammyy going completely ham and destroying OpTic in the first game, creating a landslide.

Speaking of Ram, he deserves to be in the Pro League.

Roy has awoken

lONa6xo.png

Heinz the... main slayer?

Pn0ujYh.png

"make sure to like comment and subscribe cuz we'll never make money playing Halo" - Command in Contra's chat

kKRFwAs.png

l2gsH7Q.jpg

kwb09pq.png

• Upvote (+1) 5

*Updated rosters after team changes made during week*

Here are the 16 teams that qualified for the Open Circuit Finals (top 2 play the bottom 2 pro league teams)

*italics/bold means new name/team change

#1 Denial eSports (Cloud, Falcated, Gab, Rammy)

#2 eLevate (Brainstorm, Randa, Nemassist, V t3ct9)

#3 3sUP (Chaser, Monstcr, Munoz, Prototype)

#4 New Era (Cpt Anarchy, LifeStyle, Marbelize, Squalleye)

#5 Torment (BabyJ, Exemplify, KingNick, Musa)

#6 Winter Soldiers (Gunplex, Impulsion, RealisedG, Savatrocity)

#7 Shock The World (Atzo, Bullet, Drift, Gambino)

#8 Fatal Ambition (Burton, Posey, Swish, Tizoxic)

#9 Potential (Articcc, JR2, Kaotic, Vizoxin)

#10 Dont Chase Me Bro (Mr Blakerz, ROB THE TURTLE, Stress, Triton)

#11 Final Form (Blu, Eccentrik, Jurizo, Sypher)

#12 Trash Cans (Aries, NYSea, TireIron, Turley)

#13 Troyhards (AfterLife2222, Crony M33, DasTroyed, Yiws)

#14 Tryvek (Arkanum, Goofy, Renegade JW, TriPPPeY)

#15 Team Solstice (Blaze, Kaiss, snoop j, Xrossfade)

#16 Flawless (ceez, DRUK84, Iron Elite, Sacrifice) 

Link to bracket

• Upvote (+1) 5

Does anyone know when the Open Circuit Finals start, and if there will be an ESL/community stream?

Does anyone know when the Open Circuit Finals start, and if there will be an ESL/community stream?

Starts at 2 est according to the site. Not sure about streams, most likely there will be players streaming their teams matches.

Danoxide is having stats similar to Assault i feel like, and apg is worse, and he was originally going to be on liquid.  Liquid never really had a chance i feel like, unless they really started clicking as a team early on with one of the 4ths.  Idk, would be crazy if spartan and stellur got relegated, but they arent doing too great.

honestly, for the bottom 2 teams, if they dont get relegated, i think spartan or stellur would be a good replacement for apg on optic.  Idk if optic is looking to drop apg or try and improve him, but stellur would be a pretty big improvement if we are just looking at stats.  It sucks but you can't really avoid the fact that apg has been under performing.  not to mention, everybody went negative this week on optic because they faced CLG and barely even got kills some games, and even then apg was an outlier.

Cratos and Danoxide should team with the Sudds. The personalities would be so in sync they'd be like a hive mind and they both need a reality check anyway.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

• Upvote (+1) 1

No one posted this but 3sUP picked up OnlyGoodOnline

Never heard of the org myself.

• Upvote (+1) 7

A little late, but good luck to everyone playing today.

• Upvote (+1) 1