CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Teams often are not hated/disliked for their members or their well doing, often they have that reputation because of their most vocal fans  :kappa:  just saying Vin  :kappa:

Nah but for real, I don't even get the feeling anyone is mean or doing injustice to EG they get the slack every team would get after their last season

• Upvote (+1) 3

EG top 2 confirmed. That being said, Snipedown is due for a win. Next season!

I really think if Commonly was able to eat RNG would be a top 4 team. Wait a minute? They are!

Honestly guys I'm going to drop some Intel, nobody is more due for a tournament win than Ninja. If you think about it, H1Z1 invitational was his last win, I like him a lot for the next H1Z1 tournament this Fall.

Still like CLG for the Pro League LAN though, but they are really really due for a loss. E6 is coming for them! Cratos is the best in the game folks, but only at interviews. Huke is what Suge Knight was to Tupac and Cratos is a lot like Tupac. Bubu and Shooter are the Outlaws! My whole point here is CLG is East coast and E6 is west side! The beef is brewing! I want to see a vlog from that private jet!

Lethal is Biggie Smalls just for the record before he wonders. Drake is not factored into this equation but if he was, he would be Maniac.

Am I on Acid? 

• Upvote (+1) 9

They should relegate them then. At least they would get to play at a big tournament then. Having them sit around is.. anti-climactic and pointless. Doesn't make any sense.

Please, because EG is the 5-6th team, we all of a sudden don't feel this way anymore? We were ALL complaining about the 5-6th team doing nothing in the beginning of the season when the format was announced.

Interesting how that sentiment's changed.

That's too much of a punishment.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm taking what Vin had. He gave it to me. I never question him!

I agree Ninja deserves a W. I also should mention that the acid I gave you was, in fact, bath salts.

That's too much of a punishment.

What is? 5-6th being relegated? At least they'd play at a LAN

I think it would be cool if Finals was a Double Elim tourney and 5th-6th were put in the losers bracket. That way they still get a LAN, but are also "punished" for not finishing that well.

u know that doesn't sound bad

I think it would be cool if Finals was a Double Elim tourney and 5th-6th were put in the losers bracket. That way they still get a LAN, but are also "punished" for not finishing that well.

How did I miss this post...

Great idea.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree Ninja deserves a W. I also should mention that the acid I gave you was, in fact, bath salts.

What is? 5-6th being relegated?

Yes

• Downvote (-1) 1

I've been trying to develop a similar idea in my head.

I was going to suggest a 'wild card round' 3th v 6th and 4th v 5th... But 6th and 7th teams would have to win 2 series to proceed.

I'm a big NFL guy and the NFL playoffs guided my thought process. My solution would give the 1st and 2nd place teams a sort of "1st round bye", give the 3rd and 4th teams a sort of "home field advantage" and still create some excitement around 5th and 6th place teams despite the odds being stacked against them.

EG top 2 confirmed. That being said, Snipedown is due for a win. Next season!

I really think if Commonly was able to eat RNG would be a top 4 team. Wait a minute? They are!

Honestly guys I'm going to drop some Intel, nobody is more due for a tournament win than Ninja. If you think about it, H1Z1 invitational was his last win, I like him a lot for the next H1Z1 tournament this Fall.

Still like CLG for the Pro League LAN though, but they are really really due for a loss. E6 is coming for them! Cratos is the best in the game folks, but only at interviews. Huke is what Suge Knight was to Tupac and Cratos is a lot like Tupac. Bubu and Shooter are the Outlaws! My whole point here is CLG is East coast and E6 is west side! The beef is brewing! I want to see a vlog from that private jet!

Lethal is Biggie Smalls just for the record before he wonders. Drake is not factored into this equation but if he was, he would be Maniac.

What did I just read  :apg:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wish all 8 went to lan, relegation matches first, bottom 4 (5th and 6th plus whoever won the relegation matches) start in lower bracket, top 4 start upper and have the lower to fall back on....

Dunno I just want a bigger lan, I think that would of worked.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm all for bigger LANs, but sending 6 out of 8 teams to the finals isn't the solution imo. Doing that reduces the importance of the regular season. If you send the top 6 teams, then basically all you need to do is stay out of the bottom 2 during the regular season and you have a chance at winning finals. 

Does CLG even get any sort of reward/advantage at finals for placing first in the regular season?

• Upvote (+1) 3

I agree that not sending 6/8 teams to LAN is the right choice. If people wanted that, they might as well have just skipped the pro league season altogether and held the finals. 

Only 12/32 teams make the NFL playoffs. The others just go home to lick their wounds and work on the offseason to come back stronger the following season.

In the NALCS for League, the 1st and 2nd seed get a first round bye. 3-6 seeds play in the quarterfinals, 7th requalifies for the LCS but misses playoffs, and 8-10 play promotion/relegation. It's pretty standard across all competitive leagues that teams/players just flat out miss the postseason and have nothing to show for their season. Being auto-qualified for the next season is reward enough for a middle of the pack team.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Expand the league to 10 teams next season, every team goes to LAN but only top 6 compete for Finals, with top 2 getting byes. Bottom 4 play each other round Robin and the top 2 there are advanced into the next season of Pro League. Bottom 2 play Relegation vs top 2 am teams.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Being auto-qualified for the next season is reward enough for a middle of the pack team.

I guess this is where I disagree. I can see EG ON LAN out performing a couple of top 4 teams right now. But regardless of our opinion on "middle of the pack", my point is that it's a shame they just have to sit around when they could either be:

Sent to relegation LAN

Sent to playoffs LAN

Having two teams sit around just seems like wasted potential. 

Expand the league to 10 teams next season, every team goes to LAN but only top 6 compete for Finals, with top 2 getting byes. Bottom 4 play each other round Robin and the top 2 there are advanced into the next season of Pro League. Bottom 2 play Relegation vs top 2 am teams.

Perfect. Would be one hell of a fucking weekend too. So many stories and so much on the line.

High stakes Halo LAN.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This sounds okay but still waters down the regular season in a way. If you can go 0-14 in the regular season and still not be relegated/put into the promotion tournament automatically there isn't a huge incentive to keep winning by the end of the season for lesser teams. It's hard to compromise between Halo's tradition of being a LAN game and the current pro league format being online.

Quick edit: I am not saying any team or teams are decidedly middle of the pack. I agree with you that I believe EG would place higher in a LAN tournament than their current pro league seeding. Having teams sit around is precisely wasted potential, because those teams in theory didn't perform to their best ability during the season. The Jets finished with a 10-6 record and missed the postseason this last NFL season while the Texans were the #4 seed despite a 9-7 record, worse than not only the Jets who didn't qualify but worse than both wild card teams (Pittsburgh, Kansas City).

It's just the nature of the beast. In an ideal world, the entirety of pro league is played on LAN and then there is no discrepancy.

• Upvote (+1) 1

EG ON LAN

I mean they have sort of been in a LAN environment, all at the team house for the past couple of weeks for matches

• Upvote (+1) 1