CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

While I like having Double Flag and Stronghold weeks, I would love to have a ball mode back in competitive. While I'd prefer oddball, Assault would be fun to watch. 

Definitely would be awesome to see a clean three-OBJ rotation. Solid point.

• Upvote (+1) 1

HCS 7/8 NA Pro League Results

EG 3-0 TL

CLG 3-0 OpTic

E6 3-1 ALG

RNG 3-2 nV

• Upvote (+1) 5

Does this mean that EG is mathematically out of the top 4? Also, RNG was really strong this week, super impressed by them. Oh, and @ is back. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

"APG just got the same number of kills as I did in that Strongholds, and I don't even own Halo." - User on r/OpticGaming

Funniest thing I've heard all week

For the love of god please keep @@Tsquared as a permanent caster.

the least they can do is keep him as a third caster.

and is it just me or does elamite really shines with t2.

@@Tsquared NEEDS to stay on as a caster. His knowledge of the game and setups is crazy and adds so much to the stream.

@@Timo please work some magic to keep him on! We'll tweet you as much as needed  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 6

Does this mean that EG is mathematically out of the top 4? Also, RNG was really strong this week, super impressed by them. Oh, and @ is back.

I'm mostly sure it does mean that.

I hate that this is where EG has fallen to.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm mostly sure it does mean that.

I hate that this is where EG has fallen to.

Eh, EG was plagued with some unfortunate circumstances all season.

They're not worse than any team in the top 4 right now bar CLG, IMO. They just had a rough season ripe with far too much unfortunately timed breaks and some mental and emotional lapses because of it.

I'm confident that EG would be in finals had those two vacations not happened. Small mistakes cost them a couple series, some of which wouldn't have happened with some consistent performances that would have come with no time off.

EG is still a top 2 team IMO, just not this season.

Next season they'll be back and you'll see, they'll be fine.

As far as the RNG vs NV series goes, that was an incredible watch. Shame about the viewership though.

Happy for Hamy and I'll gladly root for him in the playoffs. Penguin also looked great. Those two have officially become quite the duo and I can't wait to see what prospective teams they can form next season.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Completely off topic but I'm watching Mission Impossible 5 for the first time, lol'd at this Halo 5 advertising.  

dude I literally just watched this movie. laughed hard when I saw that

• Upvote (+1) 1

Q: What is your view on the future of Halo as an eSport kind of way. Does it look bright? 

A: Halo 5 was off to a really good start but right now it kind of looks a little dry as far as viewers goes. Hopefully it picks up.

I'm not surprised.

Viewers aren't going to drastically pick up either if nobody is trying to draw them in the right way. Maniac is doing a good job with Optic because he's putting in the work with YouTube & Twitch drawing numbers but other orgs needs to get their players doing the same. There are too many players I just don't care for to watch because I don't know zilch about them besides their play-style, I've been following the teams awhile now so can only imagine what a new viewer would feel watching Halo 5.

• Optic is the example. Relatively average captain who draws 198K Subs/most watched Halo stream.. why? Because he's got a personality people. Fan-bases from the likes of EG I can get because they have well built personalities from the past 10 years but what about these new players?

• Just an example, ninja has 50,000 subs on his channel, a personality who could use that platform & showcase his teams personality a little more so they could get maybe a few new fans for his team and the players on it. I didn't know much about Commonly besides his play-style, team history, some tweets and that he was the problem. That one video interview where he went savage yesterday made me more interested in the RNG v EG story.

• Why are players so content in relatively low Twitch numbers? Why not use your status in the scene and build your fan-bases in other ways to promote your Twitch, engage with a bigger audience and in turn build yourselves and the scene.

2-3 months of content on YouTube then stopping for 6 months isn't enough either (Looking at you Naded). Relying on ESL, 343 to promote the scene and do it all themselves can only get you so far.

It's 5.52AM, none of this probably make sense.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Let me ask this painful question: is the RNG win over nV really an upset? I mean it is well documented that when Commonly was fasting, the team was not performing at its peak. Now that he is back, the old RNG looked like it was back. I am not saying that I am not surprised that they won, but I wouldn't go as far as to call it an upset. 

• Upvote (+1) 3