CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I remember people telling Hitch in like 90% of the replies to go to Beyond.

The staff and the community here have done a lot of great work since 2013 to make this the home for competitive Halo. When they say "the forums" on stream or Twitter, it's kinda cool to be known as that one place. Kinda like when people say Coke instead of Pop.

Like Saucey said, Halo eSports is still kinda "new" since its long departure from the MLG/Reach days. We have to rebuild, it's going to be a process. I think the future is bright.

Definitely agree.

And to add to that, I sincerely hope the revision to MS's "Xbox Play Anywhere" stance that's causing quite the stir currently wasn't changed so they can NOT release Halo 6 on PC. 

I think releasing H6 on PC would make this game massive. It's clearly an insanely addicting and well made MP suite that many people don't see because of Xbox One's poor launch and bad rep it gets. The free week def. swayed a lot of people. 

Putting it on PC will make even more people realize what they're missing out on. Then maybe we'll see a growth across the board (YT content, Twitch popularity, forum growth, and Reddit boom for eSports). 

I mean of course, a developer not putting in 100% effort on supporting a particular platform for competitive discussion is no doubt a death sentence for any self sustaining community. 

I feel like they need to go all in on a community, either here, reddit or (pls no) waypoint. They need to advertise it as such and push it. 

Right now I feel like the discussion is so scattered and hidden away for MOST casual HCS fans that it just ends up seeming like theres no discussion going on at all. I mean, look at that Optic Hitch tweet from awhile ago. He didn't even know there was a competitive community. The FIRST place he looked for r/comphalo. It was dead, and he thought that was it, that NO discussion was going on at all.  

Who knows how many people we're missing out on that we COULD be luring in by having something like r/Halo become more eSports focused. 

I think that everyone on Optic is in their own little xCaLix420x world, but I know what you mean. 

It sadly just takes time, Halo eSports has been dead for years, now it is randomly back. We cant force feed content to people, they will slowly come around over time. It is annoying but Halo eSports catching on is basically a waiting game at this point. Halo also has more roadblocks than most AAA titles because of the amount of fans / that are here simply for the lore.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

RIP in peace.  :kappa:

Couple thoughts:

a) I think it was established that the most popular list from the Xbox website isn't really an accurate counter for game population. I don't know where I saw that, but I'm inclined to believe it. There isn't any discernible data coming from there so I would hesitate to use it as a population indicator.

b) I hope that the population influx that Bravo posted about it isn't mostly Warzone players. It would be a shame if Halo 5's population is growing but it's people playing mostly Warzone. It's a fine game mode and all, but "Halo" is the arena playlist and I hope that population growth exists there.

c) Honestly, it is my personal belief that Halo will see more "growth" from a PC release than from efforts to recruit the casual playerbase. Many people who play casual Halo have been doing so for years and don't care about the competitive aspect of the game. There are some users on the Halo subreddit that actively speak out against Halo eSports for no reason whatsoever. The PC gaming scene is where competitive gaming thrives and I think Halo fills a niche that's missing from that market. I just think there's a much higher chance of success in enticing competitive-minded players from other games than there is from seeing casual Halo fans become competitive. This is not always the case, but I think an existing competitive nature makes an interest in Halo much easier to come by.

Point C isn't always the case. Everybody got their start in Halo as a casual player, but I think that after 15 years of Halo as a franchise, many players who have been around more than a title or 2 are probably entrenched in their preferred play style. 

I think that everyone on Optic is in their own little xCaLix420x world, but I know what you mean. 

It sadly just takes time, Halo eSports has been dead for years, now it is randomly back. We cant force feed content to people, they will slowly come around over time. It is annoying but Halo eSports catching on is basically a waiting game at this point. Halo also has more roadblocks than most AAA titles because of the amount of fans / that are here simply for the lore.

That + unfortunately the exclusivity we've had for a while now. The biggest eSports games are either multiplatform, free, or very cheap and can be plaid on most PCs. 

Hopefully PC will help this and be a bit more of a natural growth.

This is also partly the reason i think Pro League was perhaps the worst thing 343 could have done next. Especially with such few teams and such a non-interactive Open circuit (with no LANs to see how top AMs stack up against some Pro teams). 

feat. Ninja

What did I just watch  :apg:

none of this makes any sense but i love it

also ICYMI shooter did a video about E6 playing week 5 together 

• Upvote (+1) 6

What ever happened to the Beyond Rewind videos that Clicked made? They were really good but haven't seem them in a while.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Gears of War, a Xbox One Exclusive and arguably the second most important esport for Microsoft, is having something you guys want to happen for Halo, an Open Lan.

But this Open Lan taking place in Europe right now has 500 viewers. Yes, 500 viewers.

So, are Open Lans the solution? :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Gears of War, a Xbox One Exclusive and arguably the second most important esport for Microsoft, is having something you guys want to happen for Halo, an Open Lan.

But this Open Lan taking place in Europe right now has 500 viewers. Yes, 500 viewers.

So, are Open Lans the solution? :simms:

Great satire.

But on a serious note an American Open LAN in Halo 5 would average at 20,000 at a minimum (if it is at the production level of MLG). Gears is a tiny eSport in comparison.

• Upvote (+1) 2

feat. Ninja

What did I just watch  :apg:

I'd respond but I can feel the downvotes that would come. I mean its good for Ninja and the Halo brand being recognized, but *shudder*. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Match prediction results for tonight:

My predictions:

EG 3 | LIQ 2

CLG 3 | OG 0

ALG 3 | E6 2 

RNG 3 | nV 1

aeYk5hC.png

What ever happened to the Beyond Rewind videos that Clicked made? They were really good but haven't seem them in a while.

He did 3 in the last couple weeks, he's still doing them.

yeah reddit is a joke. anytime bravo comments on there they all go nuthug him. no offense to him, but reddit probably has the widest reach of halo players and they have the potential to change things that can make halo great again but they will never get anything done over there because they are cucks. If you talk about changing the settings for competitive play on reddit or critique 343 in anyway they downboat you and basically side with 343 always.

Sounds a lot like this thread.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So I wanna go on record saying I was pretty salty the past couple weeks with EGs performance, but I believe in the trio that stuck together since H2A and I know they'll make a comeback in the future.

If EG makes a change, so be it, if not, they'll come back stronger than ever and re position themselves at the top (2, b/c CLG).

@@Roy is not the problem, @@Lunchbox is not the problem, and neither are @@Snip3down or Suspector. I believe in @@Towey to right the ship and get EG back on top next season.

These guys have been winning their whole careers, can't win 'em all.

I guess its good to see other players get a chance to shine. Except for @@LethuL, fuck that guy :lxthul:

No, they were not and are not the problem...

Commonly was and always will be, the 'problem'. He's a big ass problem. Haha!

RNG v EG was a classic last night, that's what I like to see.

Major props to the forums and 343 for getting T2 in the booth. He's been a revelation. I'd like to see a 3 man booth. Strongside, T2, and Elamite. I think they all add different dimensions.

• Upvote (+1) 4

So I wanna go on record saying I was pretty salty the past couple weeks with EGs performance, but I believe in the trio that stuck together since H2A and I know they'll make a comeback in the future.

If EG makes a change, so be it, if not, they'll come back stronger than ever and re position themselves at the top (2, b/c CLG).

@@Roy is not the problem, @@Lunchbox is not the problem, and neither are @@Snip3down or Suspector. I believe in @@Towey to right the ship and get EG back on top next season. 

These guys have been winning their whole careers, can't win 'em all. 

I guess its good to see other players get a chance to shine. Except for @@LethuL, fuck that guy  :lxthul:

I find it weird that after their vacation period, they came back and put up a HUGE fight against a mostly-tiptop CLG, and then went on to flounder for the rest of the season despite grinding and being at the EG house. I think that more than anything that this shows that the teams are a lot closer skill wise than we initially thought (with the exception of Optic. Get it together guys.). Roybox is going to have to step it up though. I think that their drive just wasn't there, and it showed a lot. I wonder why they turned a corner so quickly on that. Roy quickly went from being a Top 5 player to maybe not even making Top 10. Lunch showed up at the beginning of the season, but then quickly disappeared when the going got tough. I'd love to see them come through though.

No, they were not and are not the problem...

Commonly was and always will be, the 'problem'.

Our Lord has spoken! After the last few weeks for EG, when they play CLG will Snipedown be 'due for a win'? :kappa:

He did 3 in the last couple weeks, he's still doing them.

The last one as June 25th, 2 weeks ago. :\

I find it weird that after their vacation period, they came back and put up a HUGE fight against a mostly-tiptop CLG, and then went on to flounder for the rest of the season despite grinding and being at the EG house. I think that more than anything that this shows that the teams are a lot closer skill wise than we initially thought (with the exception of Optic. Get it together guys.). Roybox is going to have to step it up though. I think that their drive just wasn't there, and it showed a lot. I wonder why they turned a corner so quickly on that. Roy quickly went from being a Top 5 player to maybe not even making Top 10. Lunch showed up at the beginning of the season, but then quickly disappeared when the going got tough. I'd love to see them come through though.

Optic was a few very small misplays away from forcing a game 5 against E6 last night. Sooooo

• Upvote (+1) 7

Nope, that was before the vacations. They've been struggling ever since after the vacations, the team just isn't on the same frequency, they need to figure out how to play with eachother(among other things).

The last one as June 25th, 2 weeks ago. :\

Good content takes time  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Optic was a few very small misplays away from forcing a game 5 against E6 last night. Sooooo

da87a974c1f1fe41ce456972d16cb197.jpg

:lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

da87a974c1f1fe41ce456972d16cb197.jpg

Absolutely, but he used EG as a reference when putting up a fight against CLG as how close the teams were :P

• Upvote (+1) 2

Mostly a joke on my part. Admittedly I didn't watch their series last night, so what I've seen from them has been mostly 3-0's. It seems like Ace is giving it his all every series though, which has been fun to watch.