CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Did Beyond tweet out Shooter and Toweys VLOGs yesterday?

We are required to?

Most of the time when we tweet out videos it's regarding roster moves.

If you go out of that all of them will win their series' against OG & TL:

Well, they need to win against CLG... If they do somehow win against CLG, then yes, it would all depend on if RNG wins against nV or E6. Or if ALG wins all their matches.

If RNG loses their series' against nV & E6, then ALG needs an upset against E6 or CLG for them to get that 4th spot.

EG seems to have like a 5% chance of getting the 4th spot under these circumstances. 

Two of the most important scenarios to raise EG chances would be to somehow defeat CLG, preferably 3-1 or 3-0 and TL and Optic play out of their minds and beat RNG and ALG next week. I wouldn't bet my money on any of this going in EG's favor.

So just wanted to post my observation from my drive back from the beach in regards to the Pro League last night.

T2 is a great addition to the booth. Plain and simple. I wasn't able to watch any of the series (obviously not going to watch Pro League and drive D:) but between Elamite and T2 they were able to paint some pretty vivid pictures of how the match was going and who was in control of the map, power weapons and game in general. I wouldn't say it felt like they were radio commentators doing a college football/NFL game but they were pretty close in my opinion.

As everyone else has said, Elamite and T2 have a pretty natural chemistry with each other and I would love to see more of it. @@Timo please keep T2 on the casting team.  :intensifies:  No knocks against StrongSide but Tom just has "it".

Also, that EG v RNG Fathom game  :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 8

@@The Engage...first off what beach?! And yeah I think everyone agrees T2 did an outstanding job. Very fluid commentating. He was extremely prepared and even said on stream he watched a lot of scrims this week leading up to the pro matches. Nothing against Strongside but I definitely think it should be T2 and Elam going forward.

• Upvote (+1) 2

@@The Engage...first off what beach?! And yeah I think everyone agrees T2 did an outstanding job. Very fluid commentating. He was extremely prepared and even said on stream he watched a lot of scrims this week leading up to the pro matches. Nothing against Strongside but I definitely think it should be T2 and Elam going forward.

Ocean City, MD :-) and yeah I agree. Just from watching @@Tsquared on the amateur streams he was going to be great. Did play-by-play and color commentary all at the same time. Just a matter of giving him an opportunity to get up there in the casters booth. Glad he got it and 100% agree. He needs to be with Pro League moving forward  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1

We're always whining about lack of content, doesn't take much to RT.

i never understood this - is it because we are comparing our community to call of dutys maybe?

Idk, are you? It was a question.

I don't see a reason why you guys wouldn't though. We're always whining about lack of content, doesn't take much to RT.

In recent years we have tried to clean up the twitter account and keep the focus on big gaming news from Halo to whatever big with our community, tournaments, giveaways, and of course HCS news and team changes.

Pro and Coach content is awesome, glad to see more of it. Hope it continues.

Had a few problems getting this out before Pro League started tonight but it just went live, really hope you guys like it. Feedback is always appreciated! <3

https://youtu.be/JkqI7b9yFx0

This video actually makes me feel better about EG..... Knowing it's not a lack of grinding or skill. Thay still have a lot of issues but they are fixable. They have to get on the same page. Like with CLG on plaza I hear frosty always say "make sure we control posters"... I don't hear that type of talk from EG. They talk about who's one shot and occasionally where they are going. Hopefully they get there.

Tweeting out the video would be xool though. Shows the pros we support rhem and their efforts.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You're supposed to hold crouch near lava!

(no one gets this reference)

Minecraft? 

:kappa:

In recent years we have tried to clean up the twitter account and keep the focus on big gaming news from Halo to whatever big with our community, tournaments, giveaways, and of course HCS news and team changes.

Pro and Coach content is awesome, glad to see more of it. Hope it continues.

Fair enough.

I just wish we had a platform for Halo content, specifically videos. This is something 343 should definitely be doing on Waypoint but I doubt that will happen.

Also doesn't help our Reddit community has very little interest in the HCS

Can we please stop calling him Bravo and agree to call him Barvo pls?

Nah.

Fair enough.

I just wish we had a platform for Halo content, specifically videos. This is something 343 should definitely be doing on Waypoint but I doubt that will happen.

Also doesn't help our Reddit community has very little interest in the HCS

Honestly I would say you are on the "platform", yourselves and others have posted and talked about the videos. This thread is nearing 4 million views now, it's quite the community to discuss these things.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Honestly I would say you are on the "platform", yourselves and others have posted and talked about the videos. This thread is nearing 4 million views now, it's quite the community to discuss these things.

Not denying that, it's just that Reddit is a great place for (specifically) video content to thrive, rather than discussion, which is where this forum thrives.

You know?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not denying that, it's just that Reddit is a great place for (specifically) video content to thrive, rather than discussion, which is where this forum thrives.

You know?

Just the way things work now, back in the H2/H3 we had MLG Forums, Mythica, HaloPro, Halo2Forum, Bungie,net, etc to promote content. In today's age, Halo doesn't have the popularity it used to, a lot of community sites have gone down quickly since Reach too.

Luckily we live in an age of social media and Youtube, it's so much easier to create and get content out and promote it. Still amazes me I used to have to record with my Dazzle 90 and hope it didn't drop frames when recording to edit and upload it to mythica on my slow ass internet. Now I can just press a button on my Xbox controller and it's online in seconds.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You know?

Not really, seems more like GIFs + memes these days. Besides r/videos, which is well, based around videos obviously.

The r/halo sub doesn't really care much about Halo eSports, maybe a tiny % of its active users.

We let players post videos on the site + surveys + streams, etc.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The r/halo sub doesn't really care much about Halo eSports, maybe a tiny % of its active users.

Ironically, I had to make a thread about the HCS yesterday on r/Halo since no one did. They later removed my thread and made their own a few hour after the stream started.

Not sure what happened in recent years, but I rarely visit anymore. The whole spelling @@Bravo thing wrong over and over is pretty cringe too.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

T2 was great. He needs to be a staple from now on. Watched all the matches for the first time.

Besides for the double replay on Fathom flag and the spectator bug on Plaza slayer, it was a good night for Halo

Just the way things work now, back in the H2/H3 we had MLG Forums, Mythica, HaloPro, Halo2Forum, Bungie,net, etc to promote content. In today's age, Halo doesn't have the popularity it used to, a lot of community sites have gone down quickly since Reach too.

Luckily we live in an age of social media and Youtube, it's so much easier to create and get content out and promote it. Still amazes me I used to have to record with my Dazzle 90 and hope it didn't drop frames when recording to edit and upload it to mythica on my slow ass internet. Now I can just press a button on my Xbox controller and it's online in seconds.

The MLG forums were so active. Then they changed their site up and made it a complete mess sadly.  I think the problem is that people just aren't as excited about competitive play as they used to.  I think renaming team arena to "MLG Playlist or ESL Playlist" would capture some of the casual players to the competitive side of halo.

@@mikeface killah You're famous now 

yeah reddit is a joke. anytime bravo comments on there they all go nuthug him. no offense to him, but reddit probably has the widest reach of halo players and they have the potential to change things that can make halo great again but they will never get anything done over there because they are cucks. If you talk about changing the settings for competitive play on reddit or critique 343 in anyway they downboat you and basically side with 343 always. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Not really, seems more like GIFs + memes these days. Besides r/videos, which is well, based around videos obviously.

We let players post videos on the site + surveys + streams, etc.

Which is a huge issue for Halo, IMO.

You look r/lol and r/csgo and it's seriously a great mix of eSports and casual stuff (memes, etc)

• Upvote (+1) 1