CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Could someone give me a quick summary (or link me to one) of what happened between the last Halo Reach event (Columbus?) and HCS season 1?

I know there were some Halo 4 tournaments, but I have no idea how many, the prize amounts, the teams, etc. Also curious how Instinct got separated and picked up Snip3down instead of 2gre to start H2A. Thanks!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Could someone give me a quick summary (or link me to one) of what happened between the last Halo Reach event (Columbus?) and HCS season 1?

I know there were some Halo 4 tournaments, but I have no idea how many, the prize amounts, the teams, etc. Also curious how Instinct got separated and picked up Snip3down instead of 2gre to start H2A. Thanks!

Ambush dominated AGL tournaments. for small prize pools around like 5k usually. I think one event had close to 10k or a little over. The end. :kappa:

and Brad shaded a nation...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ambush dominated AGL tournaments. for small prize pools around like 5k usually. I think one event had close to 10k or a little over. The end. :kappa:

and Brad shaded a nation...

that helps, I just need to know who was on Ambush and I'm good to go =D

I really wish orgs like Luminosity and TSM pick up Halo teams.

Seeing these CoD numbers though I think they'll be content w/ only CoD :/

I'm not a hater, I respect CoD, and I'm not unrealistic, I know it's bigger but I truly don't think BLOPS3 is deserving of this many viewers. I even liked AW better... but at the end of the day, I hope Che and crew are watching and they can learn a LOT from CWL production, which is seriously incredible. 

I find BLOPS 3 way more interesting than CS Go, which just seems to be far more campy and boring.

I'm signing up for twitch to donate, and cant believe someone took the name GunRanger already. Who would come up with that?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do yourself a favour and don't EVER look up AGL.

Those were the dark days...

• Upvote (+1) 2

Formal, Heinz, Pistola, Snipedown

Also Roybox and 2gre retired during H4 and came back for H2A. Roy came back for the first H2A event to team with T2 and 2gre came back with Royal 2 and snakebite. After that event Lunchbox came back and then EG was formed as roybox, snipedown, and pistola. They lost to CLG (2gre, Heinz, Royal 2, Snakebite), and Pistola broke his hand in frustration. EG then picked up Lethul and dominated the rest of H2A.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I find BLOPS 3 way more interesting than CS Go, which just seems to be far more campy and boring.

I'm signing up for twitch to donate, and cant believe someone took the name GunRanger already. Who would come up with that?

CSGO? Campy?

lmao.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Sounds like you don't really understand csgo to bo honest

• Upvote (+1) 2

I miss the days where it was Quake vs UT fans and both sides laughed at CS. Now it's CoD vs CS. Oh how far we've fallen.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Arena Gaming League filled the gap by putting on tournaments, most were prized between 10k to 20k. However AGL didn't payout a good chunk of that which is why they collapsed.

In H4 the dominant squad was Ambush (Formal, Heinz, APG, Snipedown. APG was later dropped for Ola)

Roy didn't jump into H4 until the last 2 tournaments. 2gre and LBX didn't play.

Other than that most of the top players played at some point.

Legit, Ninja, Ryanoob, Goofy, Naded, Mikwen, Flame, Maniac, Cloud, Calm, Blaze, Snakebite, Lethul, Ace, Enable, Str8 Sick, Dersky. There were also a lot of newcomers/unknowns that are now top pros.

Nemassist, Spartan, Cratos, Lifestyle, Suspector, Bubu Dubu, El Town.

H4 were dark days but the core community was still there. This site was born during H4 and helped keep the community interested to an extent.

As for Instinct, it was non existent in H4 and is probably why it died off.

Thanks for the details.

Do yourself a favour and don't EVER look up AGL.

Those were the dark days...

Noted. At least we can see how far we've come since then.

I miss the days where it was Quake vs UT fans and both sides laughed at CS. Now it's CoD vs CS. Oh how far we've fallen.

The people who laughed at CS probably were idiots

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

CS was never worse than Quake or UT, just different. It was a tactical shooter, not an Arena shooter.

Why does a different genre of shooter have to be better or worse? Just sounds elitist as fuck. 

And btw, it's not even close between CoD and CS. If anything, Halo is closer to CoD than CS is. CS is in a league of it's own. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Snipedown, Ola, Formal, Heinz was the best team

After playing at the inaugural H4 MLG, Instinct hated the game, got 9-12, and then 2gre and the twins quit

On the topic of CoD the downtime is insane. It's hard to watch, I'm not interested in Protects and Bans because it's predictable and time consuming.

I actually enjoyed watching Ghosts and BLOPs2 but haven't really watched since

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sounds like you don't really understand csgo to bo honest

I see what I see. It's slow, and not interesting to watch. LoL is the same way to me. I just dont see the popularity at all.

At least with CoD things are faster paced

^ Evidence A

It would be nice if you provided context to what I am evidence to? I don't think CoD is the most skilful FPS out there and I am not even apart of the discussion, but then again I don't see the random salt doing any favours either.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So much esports ugh, been AFK all weekend.

Anyone got a TLDR of current roster mania? xxxx

• Upvote (+1) 3

Had to abandon 50+ pages over the weekend. FOMO has hit.

Anything noteworthy happen outside of FPS vs FPS chat?

• Upvote (+1) 1

On the topic of CoD the downtime is insane. It's hard to watch, I'm not interested in Protects and Bans because it's predictable and time consuming.

I actually enjoyed watching Ghosts and BLOPs2 but haven't really watched since

Agreed. Like idk.  I guess since i don't play this cod I don't understand the certain signifigances behind it(even though I totally get what they are doing), but the downtime is ridiculous.  

That uplink gametype looked fun, its like pok a tok with guns.

The grand finals for COD is only 250k?

This is not the "Grand Finals" of CoD. It's the Stage 1 Final.