CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Erics taking the bait like an absolute trout

Is that really bait, though? He's accusing them of cheating in a public forum. Also, Comcast has been having loads of problems lately.

If it was a joke, that's fine I guess, but he and Snip3down really have no relationship, so maybe it was ill-timed. I don't go up to people I don't know and start ribbing them or giving them shit. I don't know many people who do.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Is that really bait, though? He's accusing them of cheating in a public forum. Also, Comcast has been having loads of problems lately.

If it was a joke, that's fine I guess, but he and Snip3down really have no relationship, so maybe it was ill-timed. I don't go up to people I don't know and start ribbing them or giving them shit. I don't know many people who do.

It wasn't directed at snipedown, it was just a joke about the team.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm not surprised by Snip3downs over the top reaction, ever since Lxthul left he's basically just been humanoid sodium. He clearly can't cope with being second best never mind 6th/7th, which to be fair is also a testament to his will to win. It must be extremely frustrating, especially since his own level of play hasn't (noticeably) dropped. 

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It really is quite funny. The free week did a LOT for Halo. I saw plenty of people across all social media sites saying they "may as well try it since it's free," even though they hadn't bought a Halo title in years. Those same people come back and comment on their own posts "holy shit, this is really fucking fun," whether it be about WZFF or Arena. "The gameplay is so smooth," "Not as COD-y as I thought," etc. They needed that week to break some of the ill-formed stereotypes Halo had collected.

There are still definitely areas for 343 to improve this game- however one thing that can't be argued is that the gameplay and movement is fucking phenomenal

This is true. I wasn't even willing to give H5 a chance at launch, Reach and 4 were big turn offs for me even though I played CE, 2 and 3 religiously. It wasn't until I played in a friends house i realised they've really stepped it up this time, bought the game the next day.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Having Halo 5 come free with Xbox live would be an interesting business move. All Xbox One owners get it for free, 343 is funded by REQs.

It'd cement Halo as the flagship title but would cause funding problems (not that warzone could get any more unbalanced).

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have no reason to believe Bravo would lie about population being good, I've never had any issues finding matches in any playlist. The game was just free for a week, and the content updates (Firefight, infection, forge) are bringing people back who maybe moved on to other games. What makes you think the game isn't doing well, twitch numbers? Halo has never had good twitch numbers, so there is no history to compare there. Its an XB exclusive, and most of the twitch community are PC players. 

Is actual proof really that much to ask for ? If you want to take his word for the absolute truth then go ahead but I won't, actions speak louder than words so until such time that there is actual proof that the "numbers are good" is presented, I'll remain skeptical about it.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What time did it finish last night? Fell asleep around 12:30am EST.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is he being sardonic, or just a general ass?

I'd have to imagine he's just joking around. He's not Cratos.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Great to see Halos numbers showing growth at this stage of the games life cycle too.

Interested to think how we can reach out to these casual players and get them interested in Halo e-sports?

343s Twitter/social media game is lacking.

Xbox has 9.6 m followers

Halo has 760,000 followers

HCS has 30,000 followers

15hrs ago Halo tweeted the HCS listen-in for LAST WEEKS matches.

13hrs ago (which would be right around the start of proleague) they tweeted out an unveiling of an animated adventure.

Xbox sweets nothing about HCS at all

Not to say that they shouldn't been tweeting out stuff about Halo animated adventures. But how hard would it be to retweet HCS' tweet announcing the start of the pro league stream?

It's madness

• Upvote (+1) 5

343s Twitter game is lacking.

Halo has 760,000 followers

HCS has 30,000 followers

15hrs ago Halo tweeted the HCS listen-in for LAST WEEKS matches.

13hrs ago (which would be right around the start of proleague) they tweeted out an unveiling of an animated adventure.

Not to say that they shouldn't been tweeting out stuff about Halo animated adventures. But how hard would it be to retweet HCS' tweet announcing the start of the pro league stream?

It's madness

Brought this up last week too, it's somewhat self sabotage to advertise your league stream on a newer and way smaller twitter handle

1) HCS Bubble: Since the HCS twitter has started, it's been the main focus to promote the Pro League. While this is great in theory to have our own little twitter feed for updates and scores it only has 31.5k followers. That isn't much, considering it's a new twitter and a lot of players and even Beyond have twice as much.

Halo Twitter Followers:

@Halo: 755k

HCS & Other Twitter Followers:

HCS: 31.5k

ESL Halo: 28.7k

Beyond:  62k

Misc Twitters: 150k~

Even with all these places promoting it from Pros, ESL, HCS, Beyond, Orgs and community driven pages, we aren't seeing half the reach we could with just the Halo page. Now I'm not asking for the @Halo twitter to spam the crap out of the stream. But, I think a simple tweet at the beginning of the stream on Thursday and Friday would go a long way to grow it.

--------------------------------------

2) Lack of stream promotion on social media: Since the Pro League began it's only been tweeted out twice by the @Halo twitter itself. To be fair, there have also been 9 RT's for the stream since June 1st. There was also just 1 post directly linking to the HCS stream on Facebook but it was the day before. They do a good job promoting their Top 5's, Podcast, and whatnot. This is good to build around it, but really the focus should be on the stream so it can grow with newer fans. New fans or casual aren't going to watch a random Top 5 of players or a 45 minute podcast on something they aren't familiar with.

Brought this up last week too, it's somewhat self sabotage to advertise your league stream on a newer and way smaller twitter handle

It's so weird. It literally takes 2 seconds to RT something.

I'd have to imagine he's just joking around. He's not Cratos.

That's what I am guessing.

--

I will miss T2's casting - he did such a good job. 

What improvements to spectator mode are needed exactly?

Weren't 343 releasing that observer mode they showed at worlds? Or did I miss something?

What improvements to spectator mode are needed exactly?

• Reticles actually lining up with what the players are doing
  • Reticles turning red
  • Ability to live spectate games, no 30 second to 1 minute delay (Observer mode is a fix for this)

Weren't 343 releasing that observer mode they showed at worlds? Or did I miss something?

Eventually, but it won't magically fix the reticles being off.

• Upvote (+1) 1

For some odd reason, there hasn't been any mention of observer mode from anybody at 343 for almost 3 months now. It's like they discovered a huge bug in the mode and are hoping the community forgets it was supposed to be released before the pro league started.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I had to turn off the stream last night when the 3rd Fathom CTF game started. Such a waste of time and so boring to watch the same thing over and over. I personally wish overtime went until one of the teams captured an additional flag, regardless of how long it takes.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Eventually, but it won't magically fix the reticles being off.

Ah okay - that's a shame. Thanks for the clarification. 

For some odd reason, there hasn't been any mention of observer mode from anybody at 343 for almost 3 months now. It's like they discovered a huge bug in the mode and are hoping the community forgets it was supposed to be released before the pro league started.

A huge bug? I don't believe you, that never happens  :kappa: