CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

My god, ever since Power Rankings you guys love to throw around the word "triggered" for no reason.  

Literally no one is triggered.  At all.  It's obvious that Penguin was upset about the replay (completely understandable), but it's just bad taste to joke about EG purposely making that happen, considering they're essentially out.  

Triggered and meme are probably the two most misused words in 2016.

• Upvote (+1) 2

My god, ever since Power Rankings you guys love to throw around the word "triggered" for no reason.

Yes, a word that had been in people's internet jargon for the last few years is because of power rankings. Talk about triggered.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You guys are looking way too much into that tweet if you think Penguin is implying EG purposefully cheated. He even tweeted that he didn't think that. Again, overblowing something miniscule.

Someone who hasn't won anything of meaning yet should just say GGs and leave it at that. 

RNG and EG fans are both biased. I'm an RNG fan, but would still side with EG a bit on this one. They basically just got eliminated from playoffs (not a done deal, but it feels like it) and Penguin is trolling them. Look at the big picture if you're an RNG fan defending it and try to keep an open mind. Could Snipedown have handled it a little better by just ignoring it? Ya, probably, but he's going through a lot right now not making the LAN playoffs (in his mind). 

• Upvote (+1) 6

It's crazy how much better ALG got by replacing Goofy.

Goofy was the problem.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why have you guys already given up? There's still a chance you can get in...

You talk about credibility as professionals and then you guys post that you are already out. I would never see professional athletes say they are out until it is mathematically impossible.

I'm going to assume you guys thought you were mathematically out, and not just giving up because the odds are against you. Now that would be a real reason to question professional credibility. Hopefully it was just an error on your part and no harm no foul.

The tweet is disheartening. We would never give up on any match we play in, they are still important. We still have a lot to play for remaining in the league
  • Upvote (+1) 6

I can personally attest that there are many viewers he's gained through H1Z1 that still watch his Halo streams. He's also seen his subscriber numbers healthily improve by not only streaming Halo. My favorite streamers are Ninja, Lethul, and Spartan... and guess what? They stream other games besides Halo.

You make a good point.

The thing is. Some of these guys don't game tho. If they're on theit xbox. They're playing halo and that's it

But it would be a good idea to to stream other game's if you play multiple games

You guys are looking way too much into that tweet if you think Penguin is implying EG purposefully cheated. He even tweeted that he didn't think that. Again, overblowing something miniscule.

Yeah, I kind of got a "joking" vibe from it. Not sure why a little trash talk, if that was even the case which it isn't, would upset people anyways unless they were mad that EG lost.

That is the smallest joke in the world from Penguin if a Pro or anyone for that matter gets triggered by that, it's super thin skin.

Triggered, being the favorite word of people who have no idea how to use it properly. You can dislike something and not be "triggered" I don't know why it's a hard concept to grasp. That's the last I'll say on that since it's an off topic conversation.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If ALG pull off this series, their match tomorrow against e6 and their match against CLG next thursday are gonna be very interesting. We'll see how this new squad fairs against the top 2.

Yeah I'm probably a bit biased. Penguin shouldn't have tweeted it, Snipedown probably should have ignored it. I just don't think the situation was worth any drama.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes, a word that had been in people's internet jargon for the last few years is because of power rankings. Talk about triggered.

LOL are we really going to pretend that people were abusing "triggered" in 2012? 

Not even remotely surprised to see you replying to a post about power rankings.  

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

literally

literally is overused def, by myself and 99% of others. But I prefer it to the other popular alternative "Dead ass" 

• Upvote (+1) 1

The tweet is disheartening. We would never give up on any match we play in, they are still important. We still have a lot to play for remaining in the league

I'm saying you can still make finals... Not just remaining in the league.

• Upvote (+1) 2

literally is overused def, by myself and 99% of others. But I prefer it to the other popular alternative "Dead ass" 

wash your mouth out, young man

Never thought so much would be made of Penguin's tweet. Like seriously? Look at it again... just some light-hearted trolling. I get that EG and their fans are upset about the loss but people being actually mad about that tweet is a bit much.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

LOL are we really going to pretend that people were abusing "triggered" in 2012? 

Not even remotely surprised to see you replying to a post about power rankings.  

There's hundreds of internet arguments about the word triggered in the last year. It has literally nothing to do with power rankings...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Eh, I'm on Snip3downs side here. No real need to rub in a loss and snip3downs reply didn't look too salty to me.

Why am I talking about this?

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Never thought so much would be made of Penguin's tweet. Like seriously? Look at it again... just some light-hearted trolling. I get that EG and their fans are upset about the loss but people being actually mad about that tweet is a bit much.

I agree they over-reacted, but why is Penguin trolling a team who just got knocked out of LAN playoff finals (in their minds anyways). That's like professional athletes trolling the other team instead of shaking hands at the end of the game. It's different when it's scrims or early season games because it's not the nail in the coffin.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Eh, I'm on Snip3downs side here. No real need to rub in a loss and snip3downs reply didn't look too salty to me.

Why am I talking about this?

Because RNG and EG fans are two of the most unbearable fanbases (I'm an RNG fan that also likes a lot of the guys on EG and has their skins).

• Upvote (+1) 2