CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Uh...yes, seriously. Weren't they teamed up before the roster lock? 

I'm fairly new to the scene so I was legitimately wondering. No need to be a dick, I just wanted to know what happened there

thats TRAAAP for ya, you'll learn to love him (or maybe not) 

• Upvote (+1) 1

So is breakout completely disregarded now? I think 1 life game modes is entertaining viewer wise....

Obviously right now its needs a complete overhaul in hows its played but I think a SND esque for halo could attract more viewers

just my opinion 

It's a fun idea but you're basically joining the queue behind CS and CoD if you're doing it for viewers (and losing integrity in the process, viewers aren't dumb). On balance it just doesn't seem to be worth the effort to completely overhaul a mode just to squeeze it into an already packed list of gametypes.

EDIT; just as an aside, if people want to take things away from this CS event going on this week, take away:

• The sheer amount of pro player / team twitter interaction through the weekend. I think every game you have most players / teams tweeting regardless of who was playing.
  • The transparency in the analysis - there is very very little bullshitting or padding before games.
  • The overall honesty of the event, it's a first person shooter, people will swear and there will be banter.
  • The quality of the casting team (not a slight on the people who cast Halo really considering those CS casters live and breath that job, a lot can still be learned though)
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I'm fairly new to the scene so I was legitimately wondering. No need to be a dick, I just wanted to know what happened there

Well when Lethul caused the last Hurricane, EG reached out to Naded first(which he declined to stick it out with Allegiance) and then Commonly, which he accepted.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

This is OT but my elite controller just suffered a broken left bumper. Anyone else have this problem? If so, was it easy to get it replaced?

So is breakout completely disregarded now? I think 1 life game modes is entertaining viewer wise....

Obviously right now its needs a complete overhaul in hows its played but I think a SND esque for halo could attract more viewers

just my opinion 

It was taken out because the pros hated it.  I'm not a huge fan of it myself but I liked Arena Breakout.

Hopefully they add KOTH into the game, and they make Oddball a thing again.  Strongholds is blah and I think it's time to move on from TS as a mode.  Just me though. 

It was taken out because the pros hated it.  I'm not a huge fan of it myself but I liked Arena Breakout.

Hopefully they add KOTH into the game, and they make Oddball a thing again.  Strongholds is blah and I think it's time to move on from TS as a mode.  Just me though. 

Probably an unpopular opinion but I prefer Strongholds over KOTH.  Don't think they'll add KOTH in.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's a fun idea but you're basically joining the queue behind CS and CoD if you're doing it for viewers (and losing integrity in the process, viewers aren't dumb). On balance it just doesn't seem to be worth the effort to completely overhaul a mode just to squeeze it into an already packed list of gametypes.

Packed gametypes? Theres only 3 so far. Slayer,CTF,strongholds. There should be definitely be one more.  

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This is OT but my elite controller just suffered a broken left bumper. Anyone else have this problem? If so, was it easy to get it replaced?

Same thing happened to Vetoed earlier this week I believe....last I heard he was struggling to get his replaced because those Elites were gifted to us at regionals in Columbus, so he has no proof of purchase lol.

He left for EG

Same thing happened to Vetoed earlier this week I believe....last I heard he was struggling to get his replaced because those Elites were gifted to us at regionals in Columbus, so he has no proof of purchase lol.

As far as I'm concerned, its a consistent problem with the Elite controllers. I've heard they're constantly falling apart. Dont take my word on it, I've never owned one. But still.

We have a ball/ bomb game mode now. It might not be a bad idea to experiment with it in breakout

• Upvote (+1) 1

Packed gametypes? Theres only 3 so far. Slayer,CTF,strongholds. There should be definitely be one more.  

How many map/gametype combos were at Worlds? I thought it was cut down to 13, which is still too much really.

Game Types and Maps
  • Capture the Flag - Coliseum, Fathom, Truth
  • Strongholds - Eden, Empire, Plaza, The Rig
  • Slayer - Coliseum, Eden, Plaza, Regret, The Rig, Truth

We have a ball/ bomb game mode now. It might not be a bad idea to experiment with it in breakout

You can't mix/match the ball mode and Breakout.

• Upvote (+1) 1

As far as I'm concerned, its a consistent problem with the Elite controllers. I've heard they're constantly falling apart. Dont take my word on it, I've never owned one. But still.

That's kind of disappointing considering the price. I've had mine since regionals without any problems, but I'm probably going to change some controller settings back around now in case it does brake so I'm not hopeless without paddles.

Awesome to hear they were at least interested. I hope teams reach out to Luminosity and try to sign with them.

@@CyReN @@Symbolic is the RNG coach, can he get VIP? Or are coaches not VIP, could have sworn they were.

We don't give coaches VIP.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oddball

• Upvote (+1) 1

We don't give coaches VIP.

I do think top team coaches should get some sort of recognition flair.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I hate to be that guy, but the easiest way will be to buy a new Elite controller from Walmart or Amazon. Keep the box. Return the broken controller saying it was defective.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

The thing about Snip3down is in a way his drive.  When he's calm he plays solid, but not great.  When he gets on tilt like he does online sometime, he is below average.  When you piss him off though, he turns up.  Look at worlds.  As soon as (I can't remember) shouted that comment about Commonly across the stage, you could see Eric get pissed and he dropped 34 kills the next game.  He needs a fire under his ass. 

Fixed It!

This is spot on

• Upvote (+1) 3

how important is Optic to CoD's viewership? Just curious as someone that doesn't watch it.

goes from 60k to 100k on twitch, apparently 150k total with optic

how important is Optic to CoD's viewership? Just curious as someone that doesn't watch it.

matches where optic is playing have spiked over those who don't... The CWL online matches would get 15kish more viewers when it had optic than when it didn't

I do think top team coaches should get some sort of recognition flair.

We don't have flair on these forums, but if @@Symbolic wants a user title or something he can PM me.