CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

LANsteria is real. Cloud9 stats over time.

3cuIP87.png

4PHeDT3.png

Assault really stepped it up from Regionals to worlds, one of the more underrated players imo. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

good news everybody -the professor 

(HWC vs Major)

Bad News...

They have several Majors a year.

3c4185d83ac9104a4e083d7e2df2a1b0.png

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Allegiance apparently has a team in the works still. Great to see this happening.

@@Cratos ?

Chinstiiinct also recently followed Bubudubu & Commonly. Crowd Pleasers to Allegiance it would seem.

Which is weird given that you would think Denial org would keep Bubu/Huke team over Contra/Predev team - which isn't filled out yet. 

I am fascinated about 343s lack of understanding about the basic markering principles behind using the momentum from big events such as HWC. They should feed the community and everyone else with content and whats coming. It is essential to keep the fire burning. The only thing keeping it alive is all this roostermania but that has nothing to do with 343 and for the casual viewer it is of no interest.

So here we are again, with a silent 343 and a few hundred maniacs on Beyond forum keeping the fire going. It is just insane how 343 seems to miss every single opportunity to strengthen the Halo esport. Where are all the interviews? The follow up discussions? The drama? Are there any evidence at all that they are interested in the actual competitions, I mean for real? Not a single fuck is given on Waypoint.

For example, I know Gandhi has left the building but you can take a random Gandhi talks YT-video about a fucking ALG Halo4 event and it had more passion than the combined videos about HWC from 343. Sure, 343, produce some videos with a professional touch but I dont see the passion. And how they just leaved HWC after that sunday just blows my mind.

to piggy back off of this

• Upvote (+1) 2

Allegiance apparently has a team in the works still. Great to see this happening.

Didn't Naded say that ALG was building a team with Sal as the captain?

Pretty cool having the larger prize pool, but I'll take the 5ish LANs they've already had this year along with qualifiers for tons of LANs and a pro league.

i'd take the million viewers too

Bad News...

They have several Majors a year.

3c4185d83ac9104a4e083d7e2df2a1b0.png

really audley lol? there's more than one major cs tournament a year? thank you for your expert analysis 

all of halos national championships from 2004-2015 totaled 1 million for 1st and the HWC was 1 million for 1st

good news, we're growing, that was the point....

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

good news, we're growing, that was the point....

The way you presented made it seem like your point was "Our tournament has more money than their tournament."

• Upvote (+1) 8

Nadeshot rooting for Enable after reminding viewers that Enable was a Halo player who won multiple tournaments with a player on the Optic Halo roster: Flamesword.

:flames:  :flames:

(CWL stream)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Nadeshot rooting for Enable after reminding viewers that Enable was a Halo player who won multiple tournaments with a player on the Optic Halo roster: Flamesword.

:flames:  :flames:

(CWL stream)

It was a shame when the men in dark robes came and took him away in that burlap sack.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The way you presented made it seem like your point was "Our tournament has more money than their tournament."

well doesn't it?

that's one conclusion you could draw from the graphic

also you have to consider csgo has 5 player shares while halo only has 4

my point wasn't halo > csgo, that will never ever ever be the case 

I keep reading all these predictions and think how wrong everybody is going to be once this all shakes out. And yet i keep reading... and it keeps being awesome

Current incorrect wish list: bubu/commonly/penguin/rayne

to piggy back off of this

Reach really was the best UI in Halo.

But god dammit, 5 is a MASSIVE step up from the trading cards we had in 4. The main menu critiques were just petty as well, not well thought out. IMO 343 should absolutely focus on gameplay before UI, and I feel like that's what they did with Halo 5 after they got a working UI, hopefully 6 will be better.

Sure Reach's UI was amazing, but what about the gameplay?

Is CS more popular than LoL? I don't follow either.

No, League takes the cake. League is the most popular (competitive) game in the world.

I don't have the numbers, but when I took a tour of Riot Games in January, one of the employees threw out a number like 50-60 million unique players World Wide in a given month. Something like that.

Their viewership squashes other eSports.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/32-million-people-watched-league-of-legends-season-3-world-championships/1100-6416259/

A little old, but that is a damn big number. (est 32mil for the Season 3 WC)

But Halo is still better.  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Is CS more popular than LoL? I don't follow either.

CS is the most popular western esport. There's no Eastern (China, Korea, Japan, SEA) scene though, so globally I think League is still the most popular.

• Upvote (+1) 2

LoL and Dota are the only esports that are truly global

FPS still isn't prominent in asian regions