CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

2gre coming out of retirement to dump on and talk shit to scaryotic on stream is extremely fulfilling

Please tell me there's a VoD of this.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

2gre coming out of retirement to dump on and talk shit to scaryotic on stream is extremely fulfilling

edit: 'old crusty hands'

Nvm

• Upvote (+1) 1

Whoa, someone out of nowhere took second?  Join Optic  :kappa:

According to Mist_Ninjutsu on Twitter (he took 5th), there was a 3-way tie for 2nd.  May have just been referring to kills, though.

So has Hysteria completely given up on H5?

I sure hope so lol. No one wants to team with him and he's below average anyways.

I sure hope so lol. No one wants to team with him and he's below average anyways.

he wasnt too bad, it was just his attitude and mentality that was the biggest problem imo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

he wasnt too bad, it was just his attitude and mentality that was the biggest problem imo.

You're a real gent, Randa

According to Mist_Ninjutsu on Twitter (he took 5th), there was a 3-way tie for 2nd.  May have just been referring to kills, though.

Can confirm. Props to Rammy for having stronger knees than all of us.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Can confirm. Props to Rammy for having stronger knees than all of us.

Any idea who the guy that came 2nd is?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just adding my 2 cents to the viewership problem. I stopped watching for two reasons:

1. Spectator mode lag on the shots

2. StrongSide's casting

I'm sorry, if you watch the EU league you'll see how good NA's commentary could be.

I hate listening to someone saying every play I can already see going on. And not even doing it well, constantly fumbling words. I can already feel the replies saying how casting has improved but frankly it feels like it went from terrible to less terrible. It annoys me that I have only have the option of watching it on the Halo channel.

I mean I come to these forums every day, follow the pros, and follow the results, but the stream is literally unwatchable for me.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I mean I come to these forums every day, follow the pros, and follow the results, but the stream is literally unwatchable for me.

Agree, I just watch it on mute at this point ... I love Side as a person so it's sort of tragic, but yeah

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Personally Thursday and Friday night are sacred for me. I treat HCS as another sport in my life. I play fantasy HCS, keep up with the players, and consider my fandom of nV up there with my fandom of the Yankees and Ravens. 

I agree the stream has its issues, but I love watching it. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just adding my 2 cents to the viewership problem. I stopped watching for two reasons:

1. Spectator mode lag on the shots

2. StrongSide's casting

I'm sorry, if you watch the EU league you'll see how good NA's commentary could be.

I hate listening to someone saying every play I can already see going on. And not even doing it well, constantly fumbling words. I can already feel the replies saying how casting has improved but frankly it feels like it went from terrible to less terrible. It annoys me that I have only have the option of watching it on the Halo channel.

I think casting and spectator mode are huge problems when trying to grow and reach new viewers. Promotion is another issue as mentioned above, but even with good promotion, production quality needs to be good enough to keep new viewers entertained and interested when they tune into the stream.

I agree that Elamite and Strongside have both improved since the beginning of Pro League, but tuning in and watching Strongside stumble over his words on top of spectator mode, lagouts (which may or may not be fixable, but detract from viewing experience either way), missing games, downtime between matches, etc. just isn't very enjoyable for anyone not already invested in the competitive scene, regardless of how much they've improved. If I were watching last week for the first time, I still wouldn't have been very impressed.

Another issue with pros not streaming is the lack of personality. The official stream feels a little too sterile sometimes and you miss a lot of the trash talk and fun that makes the league that much more exciting and interesting. Getting to know individual players by watching streams makes the league infinitely more entertaining and allows for people to have favorite teams and players and really get into it. The post-game interviews are great and provide a much-needed taste of personality. I understand the idea to have all viewers on the same stream, but I think viewers would be more likely to stick around if they could watch some pro streams and get to know the players better.

A good compromise that I'd like to see and should be easy to try out is to have at least one player from each match be encouraged to stream and have their stream hosted by a second official channel (maybe the ESL Halo channel?) as a featured pro stream. This would allow people to watch pros, but still have everyone mostly in the same place on an official channel instead of scattered across all the pros' streams. They could still have the normal stream as well for people who prefer casting and the official production. It would also provide a nice boost to some of the pros with smaller followings if they got hosted for a night. Obviously, they would just have to try to keep it balanced and try not to feature certain teams/players more than others, but that shouldn't be difficult.

Nice alt account @@Cratos

you aint foolin' anybody  :lxthul:

"Cratos catches Snipedown facing the opposite direction in a battle with someone else, Shaky SMG kill then shoots dead body and posts on alt forum account because Cratos" 

Wow i like how some people in the community would just assume that this is an alternate account for Cratos without any proof. Cratos has no filter and doesn't shy away from being himself despite what others say, so why would he even need to make a 2nd account if he wanted to post this? Plus even if he wanted to post this, wouldn't you think he would've posted this soon after Friday's pro league match and NOT after 2 days. Excellent logic folks!

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 16

Wow i like how some people in the community would just assume that this is an alternate account for Cratos without any proof. Cratos has no filter and doesn't shy away from being himself despite what others say, so why would he even need to make a 2nd account if he wanted to post this? Plus even if he wanted to post this, wouldn't you think he would've posted this soon after Friday's pro league match and NOT after 2 days. Excellent logic folks!

Ok Cratos. We believe you.

It was a joke just in case you couldn't tell.

• Upvote (+1) 3

.......it was s joke. But hey, I guess you have to live up to your name.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Randa doing work in that Plaza Strongholds game. Still the most underrated player in the game.