CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

These tweets by Adam from MLG are super disappointing.

https://twitter.com/mradamap/status/749116745403670534

Maybe someone will be able to embed the conversation in its entirety (I'm on my phone)

No one in the world operates a better online amateur funnel that boils up into an open live event. We are the best in the world at building a community that culminates in professional gameplay. We don't run 'Pro Leagues', we build a grassroots movement because you can't be a King (pro) if you're the king of nothing.

Aspiration, aspiration, aspiration. 

Would it be possible (or something you'd want to even do/viable) to do a H1 or H2 LAN? And I don't mean the embarrassment thats MCC, I mean with OG xboxs and all.

It's actually so sad.

I understand that you have two different tournament organizers at that point.

MLG should undoubtedly be allowed to run open events that include pros. They are the absolute best at it.

MLG also hosts events in areas that players actually live in, (the Midwest).

MLGs Columbus location is 10 minutes away from me personally. I would go to every single one. Hell of a lot easier than some variation of California/Pax every finals with 2-3 weeks notice, plane tickets are $500-$900.

ESL needs to switch up these venues. LA Live is about 15 minutes away from the ESL Burbank location. Not that it isn't a cool place or anything.

• Upvote (+1) 4

nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't get why MLG wouldn't want to host another Halo tournament, especially after how successful NA Regionals was. I just don't get it. It's depressing they don't want to have any involvement in Halo.

I don't get why MLG wouldn't want to host another Halo tournament, especially after how successful NA Regionals was. I just don't get it. It's depressing they don't want to have any involvement in Halo.

They do. They're not the problem. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

No one in the world operates a better online amateur funnel that boils up into an open live event. We are the best in the world at building a community that culminates in professional gameplay. We don't run 'Pro Leagues', we build a grassroots movement because you can't be a King (pro) if you're the king of nothing.

Aspiration, aspiration, aspiration.

Off topic, but would you happen to have any records of tournament attendance of any halo events? and I do mean any.

I finally got a chance to watch all the matches. Gawd damn, I am so salty about EG. I just want them to be good :( 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lets not crucify 343 over this MLG thing just yet

We don't know any of the actual details

• Upvote (+1) 2

Personally I want Roybox and Snipedown to have the best team possible. I've been watching them since 2007/2008 and they're decent guys. In order for that to happen in this game they need to go separate ways it seems. So in a way I want them to lose :/ 

• Upvote (+1) 2

then what's the problem?

Judging by Adam's tweets they were told they couldn't run events or be involved. I would absolutely trust him as he has no reason to lie about something like that.

Whether that was by 343, ESL or someone else (unlikely) I don't think we'll ever find out but it's a shame because we know MLG knows how to run events and more so they know how to run Halo events.

It only really ends up hurting the community when a company with the production quality of MLG isn't involved in helping expand the competitive scene. Not to take anything away from 343 or ESL for what they've done so far but MLG being involved would be a great thing for Halo especially when they want to be involved.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I was thinking, maybe we should do some online petition for an open LAN (closed servers) event by 343 that pros are allowed to compete in?
I was looking into setting one (petition) up but to be honest, I live in Ireland and I don't have the same passion for it that many of you guys who went to events/ competed seem to have. I always enjoyed watching them and seeing the occasional AM team come out of nowhere and cause an upset. Even if its an exhibit that no no weight on seeding / pro league or worlds etc.
Also, can anyone explain what 'Finals' are after the pro league? Can teams who didnt place top 4 still make it to Worlds? I understand the 7/8 seeds have to play in the relegation tournament, but what else is on the line here?

Also, can anyone explain what 'Finals' are after the pro league?

tourney for 225k (i think that's the prize pool)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Also, can anyone explain what 'Finals' are after the pro league? Can teams who didnt place top 4 still make it to Worlds? I understand the 7/8 seeds have to play in the relegation tournament, but what else is on the line here?

Next worlds is an entirely separate thing from the pro league. We have this season and the fall season of pro league and then the next worlds qualifying should start around the same time as this year's. Pro league has nothing to do with it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.

I think it's common knowledge at this point, that most of the Halo Community does not live on the west coast. Some do, most don't.

Not saying that they all live in the Midwest though either.

• Upvote (+1) 1

K fine I'll bite, Season 2:

CLG: Royal 2, SnakeBite, Lethul, Frosty

NV: Snipedown, Pistola, Mikwen, Heinz (I think Heinz would be the best 4th for this trio given Pistola & Heinz chemistry)

ALG: Penguin, Contra, PreDevonator, Rayne (Reuniting RayneGuin would probably be a nice addition for Contra/Devon)

RNG: Huke, Ninja, Naded, Bubu Dubu (I feel this squad would mesh well  with it's immense talent & slaying prowess)

EG: Roy, Suspector, El Town, Lunchbox (I think RoyBox will bounce back after a breakup with Snipedown & this duo would blend will with them)

E6: Rammy, Cratos, Shooter, Ryanoob

OG: Ace, Stellur, Spartan, Maniac (This feels like the right boost Optic would need to be competitive again)

FTM (French Toast Mafia): Cloud, Falcated, Commonly, Victory X.

Feel free to fire away. No idea what's going to happen for Season 2 and this made a lot of sense to me. Also this season is by no means over and a lot can happen over the next few weeks.

That underrated as hell noble squad wont get back together for the same reasons they split up in the first place.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think RoyBox will retire after this season. I'm convinced Snip3down will join nV in place of Rayne, who will move to RNG in place of Commonly. Don't know about much else.

Team that can take down CLG.

Huke bubu dubu ContrA PreDevonator

Team that took down CLG:

Huke Bubu Dubu Shooter Cratos

• Upvote (+1) 9

Team that took down CLG:

Huke Bubu Dubu Shooter Cratos

But wont even come close on LAN. The only team that will beat CLG at LAN has Cody and Devon on and I 100% believe this just look at the past major LAN events. The Old ALG (with goofy) just didn't have a chance this new roster if they make it to top 4 I would not bet against them. For season 2 I feel they could make the roster stronger but I am willing to be proven wrong.

Note old ALG beat NV on LAN too and I would argue that was a weaker side.

• Upvote (+1) 1