CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Look, I know you guys love to think that we are all smarter than 343, but don't you guys think that maybe, JUST MAYBE, they used actual data based on previous REQ sales to back up this price point?

If you think this decision is made by just one person in a room going, "Oh it should be $10!", you are so foolish. I can almost guarantee you that they pulled a ton of data on REQ sales in the past, breakeven points, went over it with the teams multiple times, etc.

People using idioms like, "if they were $5 I would buy all 3" is naive. You are one person. They have the data on everyone in Halo 5 right now. We are not the majority in this game, don't forget that.

Side note:

I'm going to be so salty if someone leaves TB because of direct mod response. Stay above it, even if you perceive something as a sleight against TB.

I dont really mind the price point personally of $10. When you think about everyone who is involved from Microsoft, the orgs, and then even players, who all need to make money, $10 does not seem like an insane amount to charge. 

From strictly a consumer point of view, nobody really is going to care who is making what on the "corporate" side of things, people just want a good deal to save themselves some money, which is understandable. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Well I was going to buy the CLG ones because unlike the others they actually look good in-game (IMO).

But for $13.95 Australian I might just buy lunch today instead.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Assuming that those packs will also contain HCS items, yes. But that's a gamble. If I buy all three and the one skin I don't get is the White BR I'm going to be tilted into oblivion.

:mj:  :mj:  :mj:  :mj:  :salt:  :wutface:

Well I was going to buy the CLG ones because unlike the others they actually look good in-game (IMO).

HandyFearfulKestrel-size_restricted.gif

I just wanted to post this gif.

• Upvote (+1) 6

He's probably just leaving the forums early for scrims. They discussed it beforehand.

IMO shouldn't have made an account in the first place if you were just going to leave for scrims half way through.

16nsfl.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 8

Changing how radar works while crouch jumping really changes h5. True nerds have begun crouch jumping everywhere because you move faster than crouch walking and you still wouldn't show on radar.

Not going to lie, I've used crouch jumping from some serious flanks lmao

I know! I JUST started doing it! BibleThump

I know! I JUST started doing it! BibleThump

Why do they patch this stuff? It's like they don't want their game to have a skill gap.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You could buy a large pizza for that. Pizza>virtual skins

• Upvote (+1) 1

Mild GoT spoiler in spoiler tag, click at your own risk.

(It's really not a big spoiler.  Still, you have been warned.)

DAKEENINANORF

giphy.gif

Are you stupid? I can't talk about that aspect. 

It's contracts and NDA's

We get a healthy cut, that's all I can say.

I said Price is weird, because I SPECIFICALLY can't talk about cuts, which is why the price is the way it is.

is the healthy cut life changing?  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Heres one thing I don't understand and I could be mistaken, but I thought 343 had discussed the instant power up grab previously? I thought they patched it so it didn't break the game and disconnect people and even allowed it in tournaments. The sudden change of heart baffles me a bit - again I could be mistaken.

Also, I'm pretty salty about the crouch jumping nerf. I wonder how it will affect team match ups.

Edit: It's late and it was a mess of a paragraph.

I'm just here waiting on that Winterfox skin to come out

let's wait for them to like...get a team first 

Winterfox come back baby please we miss you

• Upvote (+1) 3

i would love to know the actual numbers here but i feel if we did they would sell a lot less

have they even confirmed that a % of the money is funding a prize pool? supporting the HWC can mean a lot of other things besides funding a prize pool

HWC is not being funded, I wouldn't be surprised if they stick with a static $1M and just push team skins very hard.

Doesn't Valve do like a 25/75 split for their things?  I know for MLG's event tickets, MLG only got 25% which they put straight into MLG Prize Pool.

Not sure how CSGO stickers are, though.

CS stickers are a 50/50 split, but some are as cheap as a dollar.

Well, I'm excited about the update today, and the skins..

I'll most likely end up with all 3 as long as they stick around for a while, but I'm fairly low income, so I'm not dropping $30 on something so trivial off the jump. Really bums me out that they cost $10 per pack. $5 was what I was expecting to be honest. I may just wait for the rest of them to drop and buy my favorite team overall's pack and save the cash.. :/

Also I totally get the hate for the EG skins, a bit simple and the top part (Logo + Evil Geniuses) is positioned a bit wonky, but I LOVE the OpTic skins, the Org Title is placed really well, the dots pattern looks awesome on the back of the weapons, and the Green Accents all over the ARs pieces are super cool.

The EG weapons have a lot of White which is pretty clean looking. I don't think they are terrible but EG is definitely the lowest of the three.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So $10 is a lot for a team skin?

I'm gonna buy them all. Not right away, 1 at a time, over a few weeks.

I like the way they all look, but I'd buy them if I thought they were all ass ugly. I'm not buying them because I actually value the skins. I buying them because I'm a fan, and I want to support the scene, and I want to be able to SHOW my support while I play the game.

I really don't see how this is any different from buying a jersey... Only its way less expensive than a jersey. (Unless it's a fake jersey)

• Upvote (+1) 3

I've been gone for a bit, could someone briefly fill me in on the whole Mikwin thing? I've seen a couple tweets today from him about how fed up he is with the forums.

....what did we do